I just hate eating

Insert Fitness
on 11/8/16 2:26 am

I think you are a couple of weeks ahead of me, but you mention eating a couple of ounces of chicken. I can't eat two ounces of any dense protein yet. Maybe try one ounce and see how you feel? Also, chicken is the hardest for me because it's so dry. I can do it now, but rather have pork or fish or beef. 

Sorry to hear you are struggling. Keep poking away at it. 

RNY Sept 8, 2016

M1:23, M2 :18, M3 :11, M4 :19, M5: 13, M6: 12, M7: 17, M8: 11, M9: 11.5, M10: 13, M11: 10, M12: 10 M13 : 7.6, M14: 6.9, M15: 6.7

Instagram:InsertFitness

Grim_Traveller
on 11/8/16 2:38 am
RNY on 08/21/12

It's a mixed blessing. You don't care about food, which is hard, but a good thing. Use that, and keep your calories low, and get the weight off while this lasts. Because it's 99 percent sure that a year from now you'll be wanting food again. A lot.

As far as tolerating foods, it gets better. I wasn't even allowed to start dense protein until 8 weeks, so you started much earlier than I did. Chicken is still harder for me than steak. For now, stick yo the most tender chouces. Beef tenderloin is very pricey, but the softest. Deli ham was the secobd best choice for me early on.

Everything will change over the next year. Everything. Just focus on losing the weight and getting in your protein and vitamins. Everything else will fall into place.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

pr31
on 11/8/16 4:25 am

As already said it gets much better.  And we are all different.  What is tolerated well for me may not work for you.   I'm approaching six months post-op and most things are tolerated ok, but some things I can still only eat 2 oz. or less without overdoing it and overdoing it is a very bad thing.   And it can vary from day to day.  Here's my list in order of best tolerated meats:

Fish/seafood - includes tuna, baked/broiled fish, shrimp, scallops

Hard boiled eggs

Roast beef 

Steak or chicken

Bacon 

Ham (thick sliced and fried w/non-cook spray)

Eggs any way other than hard boiled. 

Ground beef or sausage

Pork chops or pork loin - often have difficulty with this

Deli meats - Here's where I'm different.  Most people tolerate deli meats better, but every time I try, they don't agree

Surgery Date June 3, 2016

HW: 329 W at first consult 290. SW 238, LW 128, CW 139

H.A.L.A B.
on 11/8/16 4:53 am

It sucks...no? And just about now your nerves started healing and you would get more restriction before you inside really heal and recover from what the doc did. 

Often we forget we had a major surgery on the inside.  And like any serious scars - it really takes time to heal, we don't see it...its on the inside. Once in a while I look at my still visible scars on the outside (PS) and that reminds me that my insides are scared even more... And it probably took longer to heal...

When I was MO and I met people who did not like to eat (they had the reason) a part of me was jealous ...

After RNY - I experienced that and I still had to "eat" to meet my protein goal. 

I am not sure what is worse - wanting to eat everything...and liking most foods or food aversion I had post op RNY. 

Make good choices. If your body tolerates slider foods - let it have it.

I have small pouch days even now.. If that lasts a day or 2... Great!!! More than that - and I start eating sliders - homemade egg drop soups, soups with proteins and stews..chili... Making the meat moist and very tasty (the sauces) allows me to eat enough... Enough proteins for my muscles..and enough some veggies for fiber to...poop.. 

Love it - Hate it... Who cares... Get the proteins anyway you can. And good luck..

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

CathyV
on 11/10/16 7:40 pm

That's interesting, about the nerves healing...the nut said I would probably be able to handle a cup of food at a time by my 3 month check up, not to worry about that because it was normal. (which is the week after thanksgiving). Um, no. Lol. I can eat half a cup of slider foods. Much, much less of dense protein. The restriction seems more sometimes, not less. Maybe because of nerves healing...

HW- 375

SW- 358

GW- 175

(deactivated member)
on 11/8/16 5:25 am

Trust me you will want food again. I can eat pretty much anything. I am happy when I have a small pouch day. It makes me realize my tool is still there and is working. 

You will enjoy food again. 

White Dove
on 11/8/16 5:56 am - Warren, OH

For the first two years there were many days when I was perfectly content with just protein shakes.  I cooked dinner for me and my husband and if I did not want to eat, I didn't.

One thing I learned is that when I went for weeks on only protein shakes, I needed to add fiber supplements to stay regular.  I never eat food that I don't want because "I should".

There is nothing to be gained by making yourself eat things that you don't want and that make you uncomfortable.  This is your honeymoon period and you want to lose as much as possible before it ends.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

pammieanne
on 11/8/16 6:30 am - OK
RNY on 05/16/16

I'm almost 6 months out... this happened to me, regularly, for the first 4 months, and now, as I realize that the heavy feeling is starting to wither away, I'm kinda wishing it was still there! Being able to eat and not feel that starts to feel a little scary!

I don't wish for the stuck days where I was getting sick, but I do kinda wish I still had the heavy feeling after every meal! Now it's just occasionally... 

Height 5'5" HW 260 SW 251 CW 141.6 (2/27/18)

RNY 5-16-16 Pre-Op 9lbs, M1-18.5lbs, M2-18.1lbs, M3-14.8lbs, M4-10.4lbs, M5-9.2lbs, M6-7lbs, M7-6.2lbs, M8-8.8lbs,M9-7.8lbs, M10-1 lb, M11-.6lbs, M12-4.4lbs

supershopper
on 11/8/16 6:32 am

It will get better the further out you are. I love to eat~ so have to now keep it in check.

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Eggface
on 11/8/16 7:03 am - Sunny Southern, CA

Echo the statements above... enjoy it while it lasts and it will get better. Though what helped me is being a dipper... I dipped (still do) almost all meats http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2008/03/beef- its-whats-for-dinner.html and that helps them sit well... plus since I make the dips out of Greek yogurt it's a bonus of extra protein. 

For eggs... try a cheese sauce, pesto or ricotta cheese mixed in http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2007/10/happy -world-egg-day.html 

Hope this helps a bit... but yeah you will long for these days when you randomly have bottomless pouch days.

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 431 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 341 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 393 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 32 replies · 154 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?