What's on your Menu today (CROCK POT RECIPE & PHOTO FRIDAY) RNYers/VSGers?

Daffodilgirl
on 10/28/16 5:35 am

Good morning menu gang!!! I am so excited about seeing everybody's crockpot recipes. I use my crock pot at least three times a week. Easiest way to feed six to seven people.

Time since surgery 7 months 172.0 today

Mississippi Roast

Pork or Beef Roast (whichever size your family needs. I have to buy a BIG one)
6 Peppercini peppers
1/2stick of butter

Put the Roast in your crockpot, the peppercinis next and the butter on top. (DO NOT ADD WATER). Cook on low for 8 hours.

B- 2 oz 90/10 ground beef
L- 2 oz Grilled chicken
D- 2 oz Scallops
S- 8 oz Unsweetened Almond Cashew milk with 1 scoop Syntrax

I hope everyone has a fantabulous day!

Surgery date March 4, 2016

S.W 309.8

C.W. 143.2

"Oh give thanks to the Lord for he is good!"

(deactivated member)
on 10/28/16 7:04 am

Does the roast brown this way ? 

CathyV
on 10/28/16 5:46 am
peachpie
on 10/28/16 5:47 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

Morning folks. I've got a conference call in a few minutes so no recipe or photo from me today. I really wish we'd have separated out this into two separate threads-- way too much information to try and follow under one topic. Have a great weekend all!

18 month post op 

weight today 194.2

M1: 1 egg/1 egg white scrambled, 4 chicken sausage link, 1 slice cheese

M2: 2 chicken patties w/ cheese

M3: pork chops

apple

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

Kakesie
on 10/28/16 5:51 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Love, Love, LOVE those adorable doggies!!!  

Kakesie
on 10/28/16 6:03 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Good Morning Everyone!

Believe it or not, I have a crock pot, but I have NEVER tried it out!  So, sorry, no crock pot recipe from me, today, but I'm sure looking forward to reading everyone's recipes and trying some!

My photo is my daughter's Halloween costume from last year.  She was the Sun/Moon.  We made the tutu ourselves.  She has a sun drawn on one cheek and the moon on the other cheek.

No big plans for the weekend.  Saralisa has a Halloween party to go to on Saturday night.  This year her costume is a tin lady.  Like the tin man from Wizard of Oz, only a female version.  It's a really cute costume, I wish I could've gotten her to let me take a picture of that one.

My menu for today:

B:  crepe w/ 3 strawberries, cream cheese, cool whip

L:  Lettuce, Spinach, bacon, 2 h.b. eggs, cheese, light mayo

D:  Chili cheese dog

S:  Light n fit strawberry cheesecake Greek yogurt

S:  Moon cheese

Exercise:  Walking the dogs around the subdivision.

Have a FANTASTIC day everyone and a wonderful weekend!

~ Karen   

Theduffman27
on 10/28/16 9:16 am
VSG on 11/19/14

Cool outfit Karen!

CathyV
on 10/28/16 6:19 am

Morning! 

Ok, here's pictures of my four trick or treating the other night. Boy, they look all big and zoomy here...I hope they post bet, tter than this. If not, sorry about that! My 12yo went as Enderman from Minecraft. If anyone knows who that is, you are better than me...I had no idea, lol. My 4yo is Izzy from Jake and the Neverland Pirates. My 6yo is, clearly, a pirate. Yep, in cowboy boots. And my 8yo is a bumble bee. :) 

Recipes..this is a recipe for crockpot paleo chili...I noticed a thread on chili earlier. This is a good one. So good my husband requests it to take to work to share because everyone loves it. I'm sharing the paleo version here. But when he takes it to work, I double it, but instead of doubling the meat I had half meat/half beans,,,because it's expensive to double all that meat! So, you can make this as is, or use half the meat and some beans, both versions are good. It's from emeals. I love their meal plans. 

1. Cut 2 pounds of boneless chuck roast into 1 inch pieces. Salt and pepper the pieces and brown in olive oil. Dump into crock pot.
  2. add a cup of beef broth to the skillet you just used and scrape up all the stuck on bits. Dump into crock pot.
  3. Add 28 oz can of fire roasted tomatoes, 8 oz tomato sauce, 1 chopped onion, 1 chopped green pepper (or leave out...my husband prefers to leave it out), 3 cloves minced garlic, 1 tbsp chili powder, 1 tbsp cumin, 1 tsp dried oregano. 
  4. Cook on low 8 hours, or longer.
  5. Make a pan of cornbread. Give that to everyone else. No cornbread for you! 

Menu today...I got nothing. We are running around later and I haven't planned yet. 

HW- 375

SW- 358

GW- 175

Kakesie
on 10/28/16 7:19 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Cute kids!!!  

Theduffman27
on 10/28/16 9:57 am
VSG on 11/19/14

Great pics of your kiddos!

Most Active