What's on the Menu today (Wednesday) RNYers?

Emiepie
on 10/26/16 6:52 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Glad you are home and recovering. Take it easy for a few days. And, I know not everyone has the same issue but I bled for about 6 weeks after my ablation.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

stacyrg
on 10/26/16 10:50 am
VSG on 05/12/14

Glad surgery went well!

NYMom222
on 10/26/16 6:31 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Hope it all went well and pumpkin protein ice cream? Let us know how that goes...

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Insert Fitness
on 10/26/16 5:18 am

Morning everyone!

Qotd: I found this website ages ago when trying to make my decision. But as a newbie, what keeps me coming back is the practical boots on the ground advice and stories of people at the same stage as me, and further along. Also, the accountability of the menu thread is huge!

its 0 degrees here in Ottawa. Ack! I'm not ready for this! I'm sure dog isn't either, but he just doesn't know it yet...

Menu:

B cottage cheese with raspberries and bran buds

L: turkey, cheese hummus

D: turkey chili and some salad greens

calories under 500, protein 60.

have a great day everyone!

Daisydoo02
on 10/26/16 4:22 pm - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

i love the practical advice too and the accountability.  My dogs (Labs) LOVE the snow, if they could talk they would ask to move to Alaska

lunch & dinner both sound yummy!

Heard Ottawa is supposed to get 7cm of snow tonight, be safe!!!

Deanna798
on 10/26/16 5:21 am
RNY on 08/04/15

Morning DD2.  It's cold here in Detroit, but not that cold.  Though, it is 38 here.  My 17 year old left the house this morning in a short sleeved polo shirt.  I asked him if he didn't want to put his jacket on and he told me that he didn't want to carry it all day at school.  For some reason he never uses his locker.  He says it's because the school is so big and he'd never make it to his classes on time, so he just carries all of his books and stuff from class to class.  I've tried to back off of making him do stuff this year, since he's technically almost an adult.  Last year I would have insisted he put at least a sweater on.  Oh well, i was the same way when I was a kid.  

QOTD: I get a bit obsessive when I do something.  So, when I decided to have surgery, I found OH the same day that I went to the group seminar at the hospital.  I decided then and there I was going to have surgery, so that meant that I needed to learn everything I could about it.  I found a few other sites as well, but OH is the one that stuck.  I've been a forum junkie in the past (when I was pregnant with my youngest, I was a regular at the babycenter.com boards), so I was familiar with the concept.  I just love you guys, the nice ones and the "mean" ones equally, because you all make up a community that keeps me in line.  I struggle, I fall off the wagon, but I come here and remember that i had surgery and I remember what I need to do to stay with it.

almost 15 months since surgery

B: 2 eggs with reduced sugar ketchup.  Coffee with sf coffeemate (pumpkin spice, ha Grim)

L: white chicken with chinese vegetables, no rice

D: turkey burger on half a flat out with mayo and tomato

S: Shrimp ****tail and a light and fit greek yogurt

totals

calories 876 protein 108 carbs 40 fat 32

stay beautiful people

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

Daisydoo02
on 10/26/16 4:26 pm - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

i swear teenagers can't feel cold!  my 21 yr old niece wears moccasins (no socks) in the dead of winter...???? You will always be his Mom no matter how old he get, tell that boy to stuff hoodie in his backpack then LOL

the community here is pretty awesome, I have to agree!

every time I see your shrimp and ****tail sauce I keep forgetting to take my shrimp out to thaw, I LOVE shrimp! Great stats today D!

Daffodilgirl
on 10/26/16 5:22 am

Good beautiful Wednesday morning Daisy and menu gang! I hope all is well with everyone.  Daisy I am very jealous of the 2 inches of snow.  Even if it is wet snow.  Try to stay warm.  Today I weigh 3 pounds less than I did the day I got married.  Talk about being a surreal feeling when I looked at the scale and remembered that.  I called my husband and told him this morning and he started the "well you have lost enough now" ***insert eye roll here. 

QOTD- I stalked OH for a few months before my surgery because I am a heavy research person.  I like to have every question and answer to every scenerio in my head before I am faced with it.  I keep coming back to OH board because I know no matter how "silly" I think the question may be, I will get honest answers.  For the most part everyone is always ready to help.  I had reached a menu bored as heck time and I was having troubles managing everything.  I messaged one of the vets and was amazed at her honesty and help.  I am very thankful for this board and so thankful I don't have to do one of the facebook groups.  My NUT gave me crazy wrong info.  

Time since surgery 7 months 172.2 this morning

B- 2 oz Western omelette

L- 2 oz Grilled Chicken with hot pepper vinegar poured on it

D- 2 oz Mississippi Crockpot roast (I will share pic and recipe tomorrow)  So freaking delicious 

S- 1 oz Ribeye 

I hope everyone has a fantabulous day and stay warm!! 

Surgery date March 4, 2016

S.W 309.8

C.W. 143.2

"Oh give thanks to the Lord for he is good!"

Daisydoo02
on 10/26/16 4:35 pm - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Congrats on being lower than your wedding day weight, that must be such a wonderful feeling and amazing accomplishment!  And what's with hubby, funny guy!   Although I am sure he see's you as shrinking too fast!

I am so glad you did the research and found a Vet to offer you such good advice and you have "found your way" you are hugely successful. I am so glad you didn't listen to the NUT and found us here!  And its just my personal preference but I refuse to join an FB group that has anything to do with bariatric surgery. 

I LOVE Western omelettes, hubby and I often split one at our fav dinner for breakfast!  Can't wait for your crock pot roast recipe, it sounds yummy!!!!

Patty R.
on 10/26/16 5:31 am - Harrisville, RI
RNY on 09/08/16

Mornin' Daisy and all...  COLD here, 28F too!! Dogs didn't dilly dally, got to business and ran back in!!

QOTD: I love reading everyone's posts, so much positive and uplifting information. Remember, I have been here a long time and stopped coming due to a lot of negativity and meanness. Such a friendly and "family" atmosphere now!! This IS my support group, I take all advice to heart.

Time out from surgery 6 weeks and 6 days

B: coffee/ SF coffee-mate (miralax too)  SF oatmeal packet w/ added protein powder.

L: chicken breast, hot sauce

D: porter house steak

S: ??? going to make parmesan crisps today, maybe 1 or 2??

Cal: 608   Prot: 81   Carb:22 

2nd post op visit today, interested in their scale results   

Lap-Band 2007 out 2013 RnY 2016 Age 64 5'6" HW 294 SW 284 LW 214 CW 235.2 goal 199

G. Dean Roye, MD FACS

Patty

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 445 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 51 replies · 361 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 275 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 404 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?