What's on the Menu today (Wednesday) RNYers?

pammieanne
on 10/26/16 2:09 pm - OK
RNY on 05/16/16

I'm several months ahead of you, and honestly, it's only been in the last month that more and more times, the meat sits well...

And then lunch happened today... I had steak (the same steak I've been eating all week)... I'm not stuck, as in I've got foamies/slimies... but I'm still full and have only been able to sip water since!!! WTH??!

Thankfully, bacon has never let me down! I love that about bacon! 

Height 5'5" HW 260 SW 251 CW 141.6 (2/27/18)

RNY 5-16-16 Pre-Op 9lbs, M1-18.5lbs, M2-18.1lbs, M3-14.8lbs, M4-10.4lbs, M5-9.2lbs, M6-7lbs, M7-6.2lbs, M8-8.8lbs,M9-7.8lbs, M10-1 lb, M11-.6lbs, M12-4.4lbs

chassibi
on 10/26/16 9:14 am

Good morning! So far today I've tackled two appointments and am currently eating a very decadent filet mignon. Be jealous. 

B- Irish tea with SF creamer, chobani flip

L- 4 oz filet, bite of sweet potatoes, bite of collard greens

D- 4 oz turkey breast with gravy

S- other 3 oz of filet 

cals and protein are good. Have a great day peeps! 

Consult Weight:276/Surgery Day Weight: 241.6 /Goal Weight: 150

peachpie
on 10/26/16 9:40 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

QOTD- What keeps me coming back to OH? I have two online communities that fill the gap of where 'in real life' friends should be. OH peeps are my virtual friends! 

17 month post op

weight today 195.something (f'n scale!)

M1: 2 scrambled eggs, turkey sausage, 1 lsice cheese

M2: greek yogurt, granola, berries

M3: Panda Express- Kung Pao chicken/chicken & green beans entree w/veggies

M4: lefts over of meal 3 

pumpkin cheesecake

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

achelle131
on 10/26/16 10:04 am
RNY on 08/30/16

Hi,

I'm late to day. I had an appt with my WLS Surgeon in the morning and all is on track with the weight loss. I lost 10 lbs this month! I ended up leaving my phone at home today so I cant track what I'm eating in terms of totals.

QOTD: I come here for support, menu ideas, motivation, etc. It is good to see the positives that WLS has brought to people's lives, as I'm still sort of in the "what did i just do" phase. Sometimes some topics/posts give me great anxiety (issues that I may never come across) so I try not to read/pay attention everything. Awareness is good, but i have to work on having things worry me.

B: Syntrax Vanilla Torte Shake, skim milk

S: Turkey Sausage

L: Sirloin Roast with Cauliflower Rice

S: Isopure Passion Fruit

D: Sirloin Roast, Provolone, Cauliflower Rice

Vitamins and water on track!

RNY: 8/30/2016, Consult Wt: 263 lbs, Surgery Wt: 243 lbs, Current Wt: (3/8/17) 166 lbs, Goal Wt: 150 lbs

M1: -26 lbs, M2: -10 lbs, M3: -9 lbs, M4: -16 Lbs, M5: -12 lbs, M6: -4 lbs,

CathyV
on 10/26/16 10:47 am

Howdy howdy. I haven't posted on the menu thread in a while...just business and lack of actually planning so much ahead of time. It's so hard still to figure out calories and such. Like, how do you figure calories for "3 ounces of pulled pork I'm not going to input the recipe for, that I ate about half of before I got full, and three green beans." I use emeals and cook from scratch, and so I rarely take the time to put recipes into fitness pal. I have been logging into a notebook mostly and try to figure my totals every few days at least so I can see how I'm doing and not kid myself too much. I know I will need to bebre,  more diligent someday...

anyway, today...

Breakfast- vanilla celebrate shake. 2 mugs of coffee with SF pumpkin spice creamer.

lunch- 1 egg scrambled with half a pouch of smoked salmon (1 1/2 ounces?) and 1/4 avocado.

Dinner- making philly "cheesesteak" (made with ground beef) and potato wedges for the family. I will eat the beef and cheese filling only. 

Snack- Dannon lite and fit pumpkin pie yogurt

HW- 375

SW- 358

GW- 175

Queen JB
on 10/26/16 11:15 am
RNY on 07/20/15

I often don't log my recipes, either. If I'm not sure, I go into MFP and scroll through to find the one with the highest calories and choose that one. I'm pretty sure that I'm overestimating calories but I'd rather guess high than low.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

H.A.L.A B.
on 10/26/16 2:11 pm

as long as you use ingredients taht meet the overall guidelines - and what you are doing is working for you (you like what you eat and you keep losing weight and your lab work is good) - don't worry too much about accuracy of the intake. 

i.e. I made a meat based spaghetti sauce (ground meat + no sugar added tomato sauce) .. I ate a bowl of that - 4 oz total... - I estimated 2 oz was the meat -2 oz the sauce... close enough...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 10/26/16 11:11 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

Hi everybody!

I don't post much but I do read, a lot, & respond if I think it'll help somebody.

QOTD: I keep coming back because it helps keep me on track & its nice to give & get support, advice & sometimes a kick in the ass when I need it. I like that people don't sugar coat answers & can identify with my struggles. Plus the **** is for life, it doesn't end at surgery & it doesn't end at goal. I like that people still come back & stick around to pay it forward to those coming up.

Even when people disappear for months, years, whatever, often with regain/life problems, whatever. People here still try to help. So that's what keeps me here & I hope to stick around for a long time. 

Breakfast Orgain protein drink, eggs n cheese

Lunch Chicken burger

Dinner Chicken salad

Snacks moon cheese, hazelnut spread, powdered pb (not all together, no Frankensnacks here lol )

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

lizz122964
on 10/26/16 11:30 am

Hi there menu family, 

I'm late posting but I'm here . I was away over night staying with my friend who wasn't feeling well . 

QOTD : What keeps me coming back here ? I found this site just a few weeks before I had my surgery in June . I thought I knew what I needed to know about the this surgery . Boy was I wrong . I'm positive that I would not be as successful as I have been . Even though I have just recently started posting I have been reading what's on your menu every day from the beginning . I really enjoy reading everyone's posts . I feel like I know you all . I love how you all keep this real . The good and bad . It's not all sugar coated . It's also not gloom and doom . I've learned that the nuts don't have all the answers . I went to my 3 months check up and was prepared to hear how I needed to add more calories and to start adding carbs to every meal . I new to just nod and go about doing what the vets have taught me . I like being accountable.I like knowing that I'm not alone . 

Menu 

B 1 hard boiled egg 

1 chicken nibbler 

L  Protein Drink  PB2 

D  1 / 2 cup of Turkey spaghetti sauce 

S Plain Greek yogurt 

Totals 569 cals  81 grams of protein 

Have a good day everyone 

Theduffman27
on 10/26/16 11:58 am
VSG on 11/19/14

Good afternoon Daisy and Menu crew! I am late to the party today, work got in the way...again....LOL...

I have a recipe ready and another Halloween Pic for Friday as I jumped the gun and posted a pic on Monday from our weekend escapade...

QOTD - I need OH and the people I have met on here. I need reinforcement that I read here. I am new here and have been welcomed with open arms and I appreciate that more than you know. I really hope to have the opportunity to meet all of you someday.

B - two hard boiled eggs- buddig ham

S - Caramel Apple pie yogurt - love it!

L - egg roll in a bowl

S - Bussetto salami cup and pepper jack cheese

D - Steak tips with onions and mushrooms

Exercise - I am going to the gym and will bust it for 90. ( My true release, exercise is my thing, I need it, I love it)

Stay Healthy my friends, Mike

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 431 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 341 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 393 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 160 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 203 views