What's on your Menu today (PHOTO FRIDAY) RNYers?

Emiepie
on 10/21/16 2:53 pm, edited 10/21/16 8:08 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good afternoon, sorry for the super late post. Finally on train home but wi-fi is iffy so I'll make it quick.  Love the pics Daisy.

QOTD: I think I am more sensitive to what someone might be going through now. I remember feeling uncomfortable doing simple tasks and having to think twice before doing something like walking around the mall.

Time since surgery: 2 years, 2 months

B: SF latte, boiled egg and two turkey sausage links

L: Grilled chicken breast salad

S: SF latte, cashews and beef stick

D:TBD depends on what time I get home

E: 6 miles this morning and walking around the dowtown area near the train station

V/W: On track

Totals w/o dinner: Cals:880 Protein:91 Carbs58 Fat:41

Have a great weekend!

Here is a pic with John during a walk last weekend.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

CJ On Orcas
on 10/21/16 4:20 pm
RNY on 09/09/16

Nice pic!  You two are adorable.

The Salty Hag
on 10/21/16 5:23 pm
RNY on 05/20/13

Yay for the weekend! Ours actually started today; hubby is off today and Monday and kiddos were off today as well. 

Weekend plans include hubby building a new front deck. It started off smashingly-literally. He decided to tear down the old porch with his skid steer. The porch came down, our storm door shattered, and part of our front gate was taken out when hubby smashed into it. Poor guy. I feel awful for him. He's fixing the gate now. 

QOTD: I don't know that my sensitivity toward MO people has increased, but I do certainly feel their pain and I'm thankful I'm no longer in that place in my life. 

Menu today:

B: coffee, Splenda, and cream-nothing solid 

L: chicken, pepperoni, cheese roll ups

S: cherry chocolate Dannon L&F Greek

D: taco meat with cheese and sour cream

Sorry for the late post. 

Here's my before and now. I was 292 in the before picture. I'm holding steady at 152 these days. My "now" picture is a few weeks old, it was in my hotel room in California the first morning of the OH conference. 

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

Kakesie
on 10/22/16 6:07 am
RNY on 02/19/16

GREAT before and after pictures, Audrey!  Amazing transformation!  You look AWESOME!  

Deanna798
on 10/21/16 5:37 pm
RNY on 08/04/15

lHey guys, it's after 8pm tonight.  I worked at Jo-ann's today until 6.  Today was my first payday, and every few months they do a bonus discount day for employees, and I got 30% off on top of sales today.  I spent a bunch of money, but saved so much more, lol.

Also guys, I've decided that as much as I love this job, and it's awesome, I need to make more money.  I was contacted today by a recruiter to go back to my previous field, and I can make A LOT of money going back.  I talked to my hubby and I've decided to go back to Customs Brokerage for a few years to pay off all of our outstanding debt.  I have an phone interview with the recruiter next week. and it looks like I can get a significant raise from my previous position.  I'm just trying to figure out how I can negotiate for the maximum amount of money.  Wish me luck.  I think I've worked out a good daycare option for my son that helps with my mother in law.

as for the QOTD,  i believe I am more sensitive and aware of the MO than I was before.  I think it's because I've found "the answer" and I want so badly to help people.  I had a long conversation today with a customer at Jo-ann's about my weight loss and how important it is to stick to plan.  She does tailoring for Florine Mark at Weigh****cher's.  I speak about my surgery as much as I can, when it's relevant.  I am pretty sensitive to people and their feelings, and this woman I spoke with wasn't obese, and I think that I would be very careful about bringing it up to someone who was obese.

as for my plan today, I've pretty much eaten everything.  this is what I've had today

B: 2oz turkey taco meat, 1 egg and a low carb tortilla, coffee with cream and sf coffeemate

L: Turkey taco meat, low carb tortilla

D: homemade beef stew from the crockpot

S: Light and Fit Crunch s'mores, 1 glass of wine (I'm having one glass of semi-dry Riesling)

totals:

calories 992 protein 87 carbs 70 fat 39

my carbs are pretty high, but I'm feeling okay (probably the wine, lol)  Here are my before and "after" pics, though I'm still not quite to goal.  I had my hubby take this pic tonight after my shift at Jo-ann's. My before pic was in July 2015, I was at the beach with my family and  May 2015 at a wedding.  The"after" is really a during and it's from tonight.  I'm hovering between 157 and 159 right now.

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

Kakesie
on 10/22/16 6:10 am
RNY on 02/19/16

You look FANTASTIC, Deanna!  Way to go!!!  What a difference between your before and after pictures!  

G2GAWAY
on 10/22/16 3:35 pm
RNY on 05/16/15

Amazing transformation. I hope everything works out with the job change.

Cory

5'7" Starting Weight: 305

Current Weight: 145

supershopper
on 10/21/16 6:44 pm

Hey y'all late post for me! F ally got some cell reception here in the mountains! 

Campimg has been good- - this is night 2- so far the only issues have been spotty/nonexistent wifi and lack of close bathroom facilities and I am not good and "holding " it for a 5  min walk! Camper is doing very well so far

qotd: my dh says I'm more sensitive now. I'm am more sensitive about telling people about having surgery.  But I put up with way less shenanigans now though.  I was a doormat before

food has been good though had a little panic attack at lunch out today. Dh and I split a dish (steak/breaded chicken fingers mashed potatoes for dh) they decided to be nice and split the plates- so they brought it out and set it in front of me and I panicked!  Breaded chicken fingers and mashed potatoes!! I was telling dh to get it off my plate fast! He said I was embarrassing him. Whoops!!!

not sure what that was about but I freaked out

food other than that has been good- getting tons of steps in!

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

catwoman7
on 10/21/16 8:02 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

QOTD:   Not sure if I'm more or less sensitive, but I notice MO/SMO people more now. Like others have said, I think I was too wrapped up in my own obesity issue to really notice others

B:  L&F coconut vanilla yogurt with added protein powder, 8 strawberries, 1 T Kashi Crunch granola

S:  coffee with half & half, protein shake, 10 baby carrots, 4 oz Yoplait, 2 SF popsicles

L:  skewer of grilled shrimp, side salad with 1 T dressing

D:  1 C chili with 1 T light sour cream

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

takingarisk3825
on 10/24/16 10:25 am

You look FABULOUS!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 435 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 341 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 395 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?