What's on your Menu today (PHOTO FRIDAY) RNYers?

Kakesie
on 10/21/16 9:40 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Thank you, Daffodilgirl!  That's great to hear, considering I'm 60 years old!  

Theduffman27
on 10/21/16 7:11 am
VSG on 11/19/14

Good morning Daisy and menu friends. It is cold and rainy in Northern Ny and Vermont this morning , we do need the rain. This weekend we will be celebrating my wife Joddie's birthday and celebrating our 23rd year of marriage. My wife is so many things to me. I get many comments how pretty/beautiful my wife is and I am always quick to add that she is a wonderful caring spouse, friend, lover. she is the hardest working person that I know and would go through a wall for her family and those that she calls friends. The best part, is that she knows I feel this way. There is not a day that goes by that I don't let her know how much she means to me and our family.

QOTD - I am more sensitive now, there are times that I want to reach out and give advice, but don't. my oldest son has struggled with his weight since graduation. He was a star athlete in HS and then graduation came and it was gone. He put on more than the freshman "15". I was tough on him at first. But, I backed off and I am happy to say that in the last month he has taken personal steps to improve his health. I have learned that all I can do is offer support and love.

B- protein bar

S - caramel apple pie yogurt

L - Beef Burgundy

S- Buddig ham

D - Unsure at this time, dining out.

exercise - 90 minutes at the gym

I do not have a before pic that y'[all have not seen already so I decided to put a picture of my Dog - Bethany. She is a 3 year old standard Poodle and there is no doubt that she is my baby.

This pic is from March of 2015. I am in the middle, coached this team to 2nd place in NY State Tier 3 State tourney. My son is #4. I am the bald guy in the middle. LOL

Kakesie
on 10/21/16 7:36 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Great pictures, Mike!  I LOVE Bethany!  She is so cute!  And I love what you said about your wife!  You are lucky to have her and she is lucky to have you!  

lizz122964
on 10/21/16 9:17 am

Bethany is beautiful. What you said about your wife is beautiful. Happy anniversary. 

AngryViking
on 10/21/16 9:20 am
RNY on 07/17/14

I LOVE your puppers. 

Daffodilgirl
on 10/21/16 9:38 am

I love Bethany!!!! And your words for your wife are precious!

Surgery date March 4, 2016

S.W 309.8

C.W. 143.2

"Oh give thanks to the Lord for he is good!"

NYMom222
on 10/21/16 1:11 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Happy Anniversary

Love the pics!

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Laura in Texas
on 10/21/16 7:13 am

QOTD: I believe I am more sensitive to people who are MO now. I remember always feeling invisible when I was obese so I make sure to always acknowledge everyone, especially those who struggle with their weight. I have only told one person she should have weight loss surgery. She has been one of my closest friends for over 20 years and has always been obese. She is battling serious health issues now and is home on FMLA. I finally broke down and told her she needs weight loss surgery. She said she knows, but she is not ready. I will not mention it to her again, but I knew I had to say something 

My picture of the day is my school picture (this is my 24th year, only 3 more until I can retire from teaching and find something else to do). I got them yesterday and showed them to my students. Their response was "Wow, miss, you look so happy!!" They crack me up!!  (I teach remedial math to juniors who cannot even remember what x and y-intercepts are. I was fussing at them all week over basic attributes). My daughter told me my hair was a mess. She is funny, too!!

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

NYMom222
on 10/21/16 1:12 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Love the pic and love the kids comments :)

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

AngryViking
on 10/21/16 7:31 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Hey-O!  Let's see, QOTD...  I would say that I am not necessarily more sensitive to those who are MO, but maybe more aware?  There are a couple of girls in my office who could certainly benefit, but I would never say anything.  It just breaks my heart to see them struggling at day to day tasks.  If you are breathing heavy just walking to the bathroom or you can't even climb a single flight of stairs, well...

I think you've all seen these B&As, but here they are again.  Before is me at my nephew's high school grad party in 2013.  I was basically a land mass in a black maxi dress.  After is maybe this past spring?  Not sure.  I need to take some more pictures...

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 450 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 374 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 357 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 213 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 110 views
Recent Topics