What's on your Menu today (Wednesday) RNYers?

One Bad Beach
on 10/19/16 12:27 pm
RNY on 11/28/16

lisa6191
on 10/19/16 11:44 am
VSG on 04/11/16

My mom has been saying exactly the same thing - "you look like you again".  Who did I look like before??  But I really believe they mean it nicely and don't understand how insulting it is.

pammieanne
on 10/19/16 11:54 am - OK
RNY on 05/16/16

I have let it go for 5 months now,,, and finally I had to say something to her and try to explain as nicely as I could that it really bothered me... because it DID really bother me! LOL  I think she took it really well, and I didn't lose my cool. win/win!

Height 5'5" HW 260 SW 251 CW 141.6 (2/27/18)

RNY 5-16-16 Pre-Op 9lbs, M1-18.5lbs, M2-18.1lbs, M3-14.8lbs, M4-10.4lbs, M5-9.2lbs, M6-7lbs, M7-6.2lbs, M8-8.8lbs,M9-7.8lbs, M10-1 lb, M11-.6lbs, M12-4.4lbs

NYMom222
on 10/19/16 7:02 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Grandbabies in the house!

QOTD: My three closest friends are very supportive, and my family is supportive/happy for me the best they know how. 2 of my closest friends are thin and only struggle with their weight in their minds...they have only fluctuated in the realm of normal. My third closest friend and neighbor for 30+ years just had sleeve surgery in March. We have been diet partners forever through thick and thin.... Her insurance wouldn't pay though so she had to self-pay. I only had one person in my life who was vehemently against me having surgery and that is still awkward. I appreciate having this place to come to....

1: coffee Latte with fairlife milk and miralax. 2 eggs, cheese

2: thai chicken and green beans

3: lasagna, salad

Snacks: Chocolate chai latte, cheese, Syntrax fuzzy navel

Ex: 21 day fix- Done!

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Capogirl
on 10/19/16 11:58 am

Enjoy those grandbabies!!!!!

Emiepie
on 10/19/16 12:52 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Enjoy those love bugs.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Capogirl
on 10/19/16 7:12 am

Good morning,

Just a drive by while I have a few minutes.  Hopefully I can get back on later and finish reading.  I've been super busy lately at work and personally and I really don't have much time to be on here until later in the evening and by then I am so tired.

QOTD:  My husband is very supportive and so is my family, my work is another story, they are "supportive " but it is hard to resist the baked goods that people bring in or the dilly bars the boss brought around the other day.  I only have myself to blame for giving in and eating that stuff, but if it wasn't here i wouldn't be eating it either.

Time since surgery 18 months

B:  2 eggs scrambled

S:  Dannon L&F yogurt

L:  2.5 oz Roast beef w/a tblsp. gravy and a few pieces of carrots (leftover dinner)

S:  Balanced Breaks

D: ?  hubby's cooking tonight, the choices are turkey tenderloin or shrimp I think. 

Capogirl
on 10/19/16 7:14 am

I forgot about the trees.  We have too many and my side and back yard are already full of leaves.  We still have a few trees that haven't turned yet though, so I haven't raked yet and I am not looking forward to it.

The Salty Hag
on 10/19/16 7:14 am
RNY on 05/20/13

Happy Hump Day, all. 

We've got a few big trees in our front yard. They haven't really starting dropping leaves yet. Of course I won't rake them when they do. I'm allergic to yard work.  Our back yard is a forest..literally. I let the trees be. We have almost 4 acres, and most of it is in its natural, wild state. 

QOTD: My hubby is very supportive. He's always told me to do whatever makes me happy. I think he was worried about the procedure itself, but that's normal, I'd imagine. He's been my rock through everything. I know he's in with me for the long haul on this. I'm pretty lucky that the people in my life has ever been anything less than supportive of me. 

Menu today:

B: coffee, coffee, and more coffee. ( and Splenda and cream. ) Key lime Dannon L&F Greek yogurt

L: leftover pork in a homemade stir fry sauce and mushrooms from last night's dinner

S: pepperoni chips, fontina cheese snackie thingy I found at the grocery store ( like Babybel ) 

D: have chicken thawing...not sure what I'm doing with it yet. I might even cook it... 

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

Kakesie
on 10/19/16 12:04 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Good Morning Everyone!

I have a few medium sized trees in my yard, but my neighbor will mow up the leaves with his riding lawn mower for me.  Here is a picture of a pretty yellow tree that I took yesterday evening as the sun was setting and shining on it.

QOTD:  I don't have a "significant other" but I live with my 22-year old daughter.  She is pretty supportive, but she eats what she wants and has me buy her snacks and microwave meals and things I can't eat.  The other day she patted me on my shoulder and said, "Wow, Mom, you're getting bony!"  I was hoping maybe she would start eating some of the things I eat because her weight is creeping up there and I don't want her to get to be older and need WLS herself.  But she can be very stubborn if I say anything, so it's better that I just model healthy eating habits and not say anything about her weight.

My menu for today:

B:  noatmeal

L:  Lettuce, spinach, tomato, bacon, cheese, chicken, cranberries, low cal dressing

D:  chili cheese dog

S:  Light & Fit strawberry cheesecake Greek yogurt

S:  Watermelon

Exercise:  Walking the dogs around the subdivision

Last evening when I was walking the dogs I saw some wild turkeys in a neighbor's yard!  There were three large turkeys and two young ones.  The dogs didn't see them until we were right up close to them, so I got within a car length away from them before Tippy started barking and scared them off.  It was so exciting to get to see them up close!

Have a FANTASTIC day everyone!

~ Karen  

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 448 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 51 replies · 371 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 320 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 213 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?