What's on your Menu today (Wednesday) RNYers?

karenp8
on 10/19/16 6:45 am - Brighton, IL

I always have the freezer packed full. Whatever we don't eat stays there til next trip because we keep it plugged in beside the house at home. The frig runs on propane or electric so it runs on propane when we travel or stay where there is no power.

chassibi
on 10/19/16 5:05 am

Good morning DD. Got a couple of more calls yesterday about job interviews, a phone interview today at 4pm, and a phone interview next week as well. So things are moving. I was supposed to have dinner with a friend tonight and she canceled, so am kind of bummed about that. We worked together for years but don't see each other often due to "life" with kids and commitments, plus distance from where we each live. Instead I will be taking Riley to pick out a Halloween costume for a dance at school on Friday. Jeff will go to the dance too, but is "too cool" for a costume.

QOTD: Jason is really supportive in that he understands what I'm doing is important and he wants me to be healthy above all. He has loved me at my fattest and my skinniest, since I was 16, so I don't think he's going anywhere. I don't try to tell anyone not to eat things in front of me, I have 5 kids at varying stages and that's just not going to work, I have to have the willpower to resist. There are delicious bakery cream filled cupcakes from Jeff's birthday sitting on our counter now, I just know I can't have them. My extended family are pretty good with me, if my Grannie was still alive she would harass me to death about eating haha, I would give anything to have her back to do that.

B- irish tea w/SF peppermint mocha creamer, 1/2 c cottage cheese with 1 t simply fruit (too sugary, heart got to racing, will have to go to SF preserves with this)

L- 4 oz ****tail shrimp with sauce

D- 3 oz grilled chicken, salsa, cojita, greek yogurt

S- chobani flip, 100 cal

Totals: Cals- 659; Protein-71; carbs-44; fat-21

Consult Weight:276/Surgery Day Weight: 241.6 /Goal Weight: 150

Deanna798
on 10/19/16 5:25 am
RNY on 08/04/15

I'm praying that you find a position that is just right for you!  

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

pammieanne
on 10/19/16 5:44 am - OK
RNY on 05/16/16

I understand about having kids and people eating around you! Last night I bought my kids a frozen Reese's Peanut Butter pie!!! And I didn't even so much as taste it (mostly because I know if I taste certain things, I'm not going to be able to stop)! Grrrrrr... I'm not doing that again, what was I thinking??! LOL

Height 5'5" HW 260 SW 251 CW 141.6 (2/27/18)

RNY 5-16-16 Pre-Op 9lbs, M1-18.5lbs, M2-18.1lbs, M3-14.8lbs, M4-10.4lbs, M5-9.2lbs, M6-7lbs, M7-6.2lbs, M8-8.8lbs,M9-7.8lbs, M10-1 lb, M11-.6lbs, M12-4.4lbs

Daffodilgirl
on 10/19/16 10:12 am

I wouldnt be able to taste that either.  Reeses was one of my MAJOR PROBLEMS!!!!!!!

Surgery date March 4, 2016

S.W 309.8

C.W. 143.2

"Oh give thanks to the Lord for he is good!"

Kakesie
on 10/19/16 6:50 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Good luck with the interviews.  I'm praying, too, that you find the perfect job!

Deanna798
on 10/19/16 5:08 am
RNY on 08/04/15

good morning DD2 and gang.  I'm up this morning at 7, which is early for me now, but considering that my kiddo slept through the night, I'm not complaining much.  I got a full night of uninterrupted sleep, and the only reason I woke up is because I had to pee so bad it hurt, lol.  Today is my last day off before a 3 day stint of working, and I'm going to make the best of it.  My hubby made it home yesterday and had fun playing with the kiddo last night, but unfortunately he got a call yesterday afternoon and will be gone again tonight.  This time to Milwaukee for the night.  He has to be home on Thursday night, because he has Friday off of work for a long doctors appointment.

Oh, and yesterday I filled some prescriptions.  My doxycycline cost me $138 out of pocket, and my hubby asked me to pick up his Victoza (which is for diabetes).  His victoza was $75, and he pays $40 a month for his Lantus.  The other day we had a conversation about the possibility of him having weight loss surgery, and he said that we can't afford to do it right now because of the cost.  So yesterday, I realized that he was paying well over $100 a month for his prescriptions, and brought it to his attention that it was likely that he'd be able to ditch those medications, and even if he still had diabetes he'd likely be able to handle it with just Metformin.  The look on his face was priceless.  He's still not convinced, and I'm not really pushing him.  I've brought it up a couple of times in the last 6 months, but it's not something that I talk about unless it comes up, like with the cost of prescriptions.

My plan for the day is laundry, maybe some quick shopping, and possibly a pop in at my moms house.  My aunt and uncle are moving back home from Florida after being gone for 5+ years.  They are getting older, and since my grandpa passed away there is nothing to hold them down there.  My uncle has had some serious health issues, and my aunt isn't a spring chicken.  Their children and all their siblings live here, so back they come to the cold and snow.  Anyway, I believe they crashed at my moms house last night until they can move into their new apartment.  I might try to swing by and give them a hug.  I haven't seen my uncle in 5+ years, though I saw my aunt in 2015 at a funeral.  My uncle wasn't well enough to make the trip.  I love them very much, even if we have polar opposite political views.  I have a rule that I refuse to discuss politics on social media with family.  Regardless of how I feel about what they post or say, I will not engage them.  I know that they will not change their views, and the only thing that can come from it is hard feelings.  I love my family, regardless of who they vote for in the coming election, and that won't change (even if I'm a bit disappointed in them for their choices).

DD2QOTD: My husband and family have all been extremely supportive.  I haven't had anyone close to me make any remarks that would be considered unsupportive.  My husband is a super star supporter, and has been my biggest cheerleader from the very beginning.  Now that I'm down 130lbs, he is a little self conscious, and makes comments about how I'm too hot for him now.  I love my hubby, and I am extremely attracted to him, and always have been.  I try to be respectful of him and his feelings, but it's at a point where he has to know how I feel and he'll have to deal with his issues.  They are his issues, not mine.  Anyway, hubby totally gets where I'm coming from in the food addict way, since he's a food addict as well.  He has some very unhealthy habits, and I know that having WLS would be so good for him.  He will make that choice, or not, when he's ready.  I love him.

plan for the day

14 months 15 days since surgery

B: 1 egg, bacon and a slice of velveeta on 35 calorie toast.  Coffee with sugar free coffeemate

L: turkey and cheese on half a flat out wrap with mayo and tomato.

D: homemade beef stew.  Yummy.  

S: Light and Fit greek yogurt and a light cheese stick.

totals:

calories 884 protein 88 carbs 61 fat 34

have a great day everyone.

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

chassibi
on 10/19/16 5:14 am

Deanna,

this is beautiful! Unconditional love is the only kind that is worth having.

Consult Weight:276/Surgery Day Weight: 241.6 /Goal Weight: 150

pammieanne
on 10/19/16 5:54 am - OK
RNY on 05/16/16

Awe 

That was very sweet!

Height 5'5" HW 260 SW 251 CW 141.6 (2/27/18)

RNY 5-16-16 Pre-Op 9lbs, M1-18.5lbs, M2-18.1lbs, M3-14.8lbs, M4-10.4lbs, M5-9.2lbs, M6-7lbs, M7-6.2lbs, M8-8.8lbs,M9-7.8lbs, M10-1 lb, M11-.6lbs, M12-4.4lbs

Theduffman27
on 10/19/16 7:22 am
VSG on 11/19/14

Deanna - I walked out of the hospital off the following medications, Lantus, Metformin, Glimeperide, Diovan, I cant remember the other two meds....It is amazing how much better I feel and my A1c was 5.1 last month. He would feel so much better, but like me...I am sure when he is ready he will go through with it....

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 445 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 51 replies · 364 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 277 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 405 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 208 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?