What's on your Menu today (Wednesday) RNYers?

RNY_elizabeth
on 10/19/16 10:49 am - TX
RNY on 10/06/15

Doormats United!  It is too easy for me to slip into this.  I've been working on it for my whole life. I think weight is part of it, being female is part of it, living in a culture of 'dog eat dog' is part of it. Here's to hoping we all have learned to do right by ourselves.

~E

Consultation weight: 265, Surgery date: 10/6/15, Goal: 150, Current weight: 129; 5'5, 46 years old

"I am basically food's creepy ex-girlfriend. I know we can't be together anymore but I just want to spend time hanging out" ~me, about why I love cooking so much post WLS

karenp8
on 10/19/16 11:39 am - Brighton, IL

Another doormat here chiming In! I have found myself taking more of a stand for myself for the last 2 years. Not sure if it's the weight loss or that I'm getting older and not caring so much what people think. I still do a lot for others like the food pantry,senior meals and church stuff but am getting better about saying I won't be there and taking time away. They aren't so happy but oh well!

rachelp
on 10/19/16 7:33 am
VSG on 08/01/16

We have one tree and I don't have to worry about raking until December or so. We really don't get a fall season or beautiful colored leaves 

QOTD: Ok, I met my husband in 6th grade. I was not overweight then. We lost contact after high school while I was MO. I lost 125lbs and met up with him again so he never saw me MO. We married when I weighted about 160 and had a child together and the weight started to pile on. He had a hard time with it at first. His whole family is thin. After a few years went by I could tell he still truly loved me no matter what weight. I knew WLS was something I would have to break to him gently. He's a "all you have to do is exercise" guy. I had a really bad hiatal hernia that caused a lot of pain so I told him "Hey, I have an idea. When I see a surgeon about my hernia, how about I get them to staple my stomach while they are in there?!" I couldn't use the terms cut out and remove my stomach just yet lol. He surprised me but he said ok. As far as supportive, he is, but by the way he knows how. He still offers me some things I can't have and says oh this won't hurt you. I have to remind him that mentality is how I got MO. He is now realizing how bad his habits are and is trying to make changes. He is not MO by any means and he can run around the block a couple of times and lose 25 lbs but his health is poor when it comes to cholesterol & blood pressure. Sorry, I'm rambling. YES, he's supportive but also a bad habit instigator. I did not tell any of my family (except my brother) because of how they reacted when I brought the idea up. My brother is MO and I hope he will have WLS. At family gatherings it was always common for me to snack too much and not be able to eat a full plate. I will continue to play along that I snacked to much.

B - Siggi's skyr yogurt

L - Rotisserie Chicken salad w/ pork rinds - just a couple. Gotta have the crunch

S - Protein shake

D - My fridge is running too cold so my chicken was still frozen ugh - tonight I will have the pesto chicken thighs finally! 

S - sf popsicle

Sleeved 8/1/16

HW 285 / SW 276 / GW 160

RNY_elizabeth
on 10/19/16 7:48 am - TX
RNY on 10/06/15

QOTD: It is actually a very complex question for me.  My Guy was against me having surgery.  It took me five years of asking him to reconsider before he finally was willing to let me do it.  Close friends of ours had surgery (the guy had sleeve, the girl had RNY) and he saw them super happy and much healthier and finally decided that the risk of surgery was less terrible than the risk of being MO. 

Once he decided to get on board he was really worried that I would change and no longer want to be with him.  We had to have long talks about the fact that I was not with him because I lacked options.  Basically I could have left him for another hotter younger man long ago if that was what I wanted.  It took a hot minute to remind him I have never had trouble getting laid...at any weight. Once he realized that his fear was actually about him not about me he worked through it and stopped talking about me leaving him.  

Then he found himself in this weird place where he stopped commenting at all on my weight.  A few months ago I asked him why, did he not like my new body?, was he no longer attracted to me?, that sort of thing.  Turned out he explained, "I feel like if I compliment your body now you will think I didn't like your body before. It feels like it would be insulting to the you that you were before." He is clearly making his own journey through this.  Having a significant other go through such a radical change has to mess with their minds almost as much as it messes with our minds. I explained that for me I needed to know I was still attractive to him and that I wouldn't take it as a commentary on the past.  After all, I loved my old body looks so I wasn't all wound up about that. He has moved into a place where he compliments now and comments about "your hip bones are poking me" or "Ohhhhh your bendy now...hehehehe" when folding laundry and such but he doesn't focus on only my body.  He is a really strong feminist so he is doing great in ways I can't even explain. Support for the food choices is pretty good and he helps me remember my vitamins.  

Overall everything we do we do as a team and he is a star player on Team Elizabeth. It isn't easy for him but he is doing great.

Menu: Same crap different day Wheeee I feel like my menus are sooooo boring but honestly they are tasty and I feel happy, sate, and have no pouch trouble so it is all good.

B: Light & Fit Vanilla w/ 1 cup grapes; L: Salami and mozzarella knot; D: Spaghetti sauce w/ 1/2 cup browned ground hamburger; S: Chobani Simply 100 "Crunch"

Totals: Cal 862; Protein 63; Carb 55; Fat 44

Consultation weight: 265, Surgery date: 10/6/15, Goal: 150, Current weight: 129; 5'5, 46 years old

"I am basically food's creepy ex-girlfriend. I know we can't be together anymore but I just want to spend time hanging out" ~me, about why I love cooking so much post WLS

pammieanne
on 10/19/16 8:58 am - OK
RNY on 05/16/16

I love this answer!

We have two major journeys going on in our lives simultaneously, as you know :) Communication and exchanges of feelings has become a top priority for us! (not that it shouldn't be anyway, but you know what I mean). We are supportive of each other, and our bodies on the outside aren't the most important thing for us... what's on the inside is, and has always been, our main attraction. But if it makes us happier, healthier, and better equipped to love, then it's all good!

But you cracked me up how you so slyly and innocently threw in the whole bendy-laundry thing... I giggled 

Height 5'5" HW 260 SW 251 CW 141.6 (2/27/18)

RNY 5-16-16 Pre-Op 9lbs, M1-18.5lbs, M2-18.1lbs, M3-14.8lbs, M4-10.4lbs, M5-9.2lbs, M6-7lbs, M7-6.2lbs, M8-8.8lbs,M9-7.8lbs, M10-1 lb, M11-.6lbs, M12-4.4lbs

RNY_elizabeth
on 10/19/16 10:47 am - TX
RNY on 10/06/15

Laundry is good for the soul. :)

mschwab
on 10/19/16 9:07 am
RNY on 11/21/14

Folding laundry?  Is that what the kids are calling it these days? 

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

Daffodilgirl
on 10/19/16 10:31 am

Dear Lord I love your answer.  I think its hard to wrap our heads around how it effects them too.  Their person is having major changes in their body and with their body. 

Surgery date March 4, 2016

S.W 309.8

C.W. 143.2

"Oh give thanks to the Lord for he is good!"

AngryViking
on 10/19/16 12:00 pm
RNY on 07/17/14

LOL @ "you're bendy".  I believe my husband has made the same comment. 

yvonnef1964
on 10/19/16 8:01 am
VSG on 08/11/14

I live in a apartment complex, we have trees but they dont rake them up.

QOTD I don't have a significant other but my family is supported.

B egg whites ham and cheese omelet and colby pepper jack snack bites

L going out to lunch with my dad and step mother

D pork loin and lima beans

S Greek yogurt,  apple and turkey sausage snack sticks 

Have a good day

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 445 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 51 replies · 362 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 275 views