What's on Your Wednesday Menu, RNYers?

RNY_elizabeth
on 9/28/16 7:56 am - TX
RNY on 10/06/15

Morning Sickos. Keep your germs away!  I hope to pass on whatever is going around.  Get well quickly everyone.

Tomorrow I head out of town to go teach at a weekend long camping event in Louisiana. By camping I mean the other people are camping and I get the Diva spot on an air mattress in the cabin. I get to do some emceeing and some teaching and hopefully a bunch of just hanging out and relaxing.  Should be good times. All that to say...there will be no WiFi so ...see you guys all again on Monday! Will post my PHOTO Friday then.

QOTD 1: Lie...hmm..I smiles and said, "Oh...huh...that card has been acting up lately, here I have a different one" to the cashier at the grocery store last night. I knew the card worked just fine but that I didn't (apparently) have enough credit left on that account.  Wheee! Good news on that is the Guy started a new job last week and is still working part time at his crappy retail job.  With all that we should be back in the black in a few months. Here's hoping anyway!

QOTD 2: I had a two week LOW carb (max 20g daily I think) ZERO sugar diet prior to surgery.  I didn't get weighed the morning of my surgery (weird right) and wasn't weighing at home yet so I don't know if or how much I lost during that. I had made no other changes pre surgery except I stopped drinking coffee with sugar in it and went to just cream.

QOTD 3: Dusting is the devil.  It is a lie and none of us should ever do it.  Dusting causes dust. Just sayin'

Menu: The usual. Wheee! Still loving this Costco Columbus Salami with the mozzarella knots. I haven't pooped in two days so I am trying grapes with my Greek yogurt breakfast.  Last time I ate grapes in the morning I was in the bathroom all afternoon.  

Is it just me or are there some things that you know will likely unsettle things and give you poops soooooo you eat them when you can't poop? It is like dumping as a 'tool'. 

Have a great day everyone!

~Elizabeth

Consultation weight: 265, Surgery date: 10/6/15, Goal: 150, Current weight: 129; 5'5, 46 years old

"I am basically food's creepy ex-girlfriend. I know we can't be together anymore but I just want to spend time hanging out" ~me, about why I love cooking so much post WLS

Emiepie
on 9/28/16 9:56 am
RNY on 08/11/14

This weekend I plan on hitting my Costco in search of the mozzeralla knots! Have fun this weekend.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

MarieCeeJay
on 9/28/16 8:18 am

It's been 9 years since I had surgery:

Here's how I'm being grateful for my WLS today (giving my tool, the best that I've got).

B: Premier Protein Chocolate Shake (my first time having it & I enjoyed the taste)

L: Chicken, pan seared with water and seasoning

S: Tilapia, water/seasoning, boiled

D: Chicken, sautéed with onions, peppers & .5 tbsp olive oil

S: Polluck, pan seared, salt & pepper

Totals: 770 calories, 147 protein, 5 carbs, 20 fat

My Floradix liquid iron arrived today, so I began that too. I'm hoping it'll work better than the iron pills I've been taking.

My pre-op diet was liquid shakes. Unfortunately, I yo-yo binged all the way to WLS.

Enjoy your day everybody!!!

Marie.

MarieCeeJay
on 9/28/16 8:21 am

Quarantine to the basement??? (Just kidding)

1/2 our house went through the yuckies last week. I DON'T do germs well.

Feel better.

Marie.

Heavens2Betsy
on 9/28/16 8:43 am
RNY on 02/29/16

Hi everybody,  I'm gonna just jump right in here and post my plan for the day.

Breakfast:  Nectar fuzzy navel

Lunch:  4 oz. roast beef 1 oz. cheddar cheese

Dinner:  4 oz. STEAK on the grill (Costco has these PRIME steaks for $8.95 a pound and they are SOO WONDERFUL).  I get 5 big steaks for like $30 and it's PRIME grade.  Maybe grill a few zucchini slices w/onions on the grill too.

Evening Snack:  FF/SF yogurt   or SF jello

Water is on track.

Vits - I have to work harder to get in my 3 iron pills.  It's hard when I have to space them out separately from the 3X/day calcium!  Any tips?  I've just had to start adding in the iron after my 6 mo. surgeon visit.  

Age: 55.  5' 8" SW 345 lbs.  RNY on 2/29/16 at UVA w/ Dr. Hallowell.     
Month 1 - 3/29/16: 319 (25 lbs. lost) | Month 2 - 4/27/16: 314 (5 lbs. lost) | 
Month 3 - 5/29/16: 303 (12 lbs. lost) | Month 4 - 6/28/16:  293 (10 lbs. lost)
Month 5 - 7/28/16: 289 (4 lbs lost) | Month 6 - 8/28/16: 282 (7 lbs. lost) |
Month 7 - 9/27/16: 278 (4 lbs lost)

Grim_Traveller
on 9/28/16 12:29 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

The calcium is three times a day, but are you trying to do iron three separate times also? You can do iron all at once. Best time is right before bed, 2 hours after calcium, coffee, or tea.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Deanna798
on 9/28/16 9:21 am
RNY on 08/04/15

you guys, I'm totally overwhelmed!  This morning as I was getting ready to go, I got a phone call and scheduled another interview for tomorrow afternoon.  Then, as I'm pulling into the parking lot at Kohl's for my interview, I got a call for a position at an accounting service, I am completely perfect for this job, and we did a phone interview.  As I was on the phone, another call came in and it was for another position that I applied for (fancy receptionist at the Mercedes-Benz dealership locally).  I just sent over my references for the accounting service, and returned the call to the Mercedes dealership. Then my cousins wife texted me and said they have a part time position at her work, which would be another office job, so I'll send her over my resume later on.  I am so overwhelmed with different opportunities and I don't know which way I want to go.  

My interview at Soma in the mall is in an hour.  Squeeeee!

I've been on edge all day.  I'm feeling slightly manic and I'm wondering if the meds are kicking in finally or if I'm just keyed up because of all of the stuff going on.

I never posted my food, so here is what I've eaten so far:

Breakfast was coffee with sugar free coffeemate, I was too nervous to eat anything.

lunch was chicken with chinese vegetables from the local place, no rice.  

I have no idea about dinner.

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

mschwab
on 9/28/16 9:29 am
RNY on 11/21/14

Congratulations.  As problems go, this one is not terrible.

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

G2GAWAY
on 9/28/16 9:37 am
RNY on 05/16/15

Go with your gut. You will know what feels right for you and your family. It is awesome to have choices. Consider the schedule and how it works with kids.

Cory

5'7" Starting Weight: 305

Current Weight: 145

RNY_elizabeth
on 9/28/16 9:42 am - TX
RNY on 10/06/15

You are killin' it! Go get em!!

Consultation weight: 265, Surgery date: 10/6/15, Goal: 150, Current weight: 129; 5'5, 46 years old

"I am basically food's creepy ex-girlfriend. I know we can't be together anymore but I just want to spend time hanging out" ~me, about why I love cooking so much post WLS

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 446 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 51 replies · 364 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 278 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 405 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 208 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?