What's on Your Wednesday Menu, RNYers?

RNY_elizabeth
on 9/28/16 7:27 am - TX
RNY on 10/06/15

When the Guy and I got together I had not dusted anything in any home I had ever lived in...ever.  I have a long standing belief that dusting is what creates dust.  You get that wet stuff on there and the dust is drawn to it.  So...I had simply NEVER dusted.  He was asking me about a "dust rag" (LOL) and I looked at him like he lost his mind and asked what that was.  He was in shock and horror.  Then I asked him, "You have been to my house hundreds of times...have you ever once thought it was dusty?" He had to admit he had not. I think 'dusting' is a conspiracy. It is the one chore that I still just don't do. If the Guy is cleaning for whatever reason though he always dusts and then complains that it gets dusty again right away. Leave the balance in the force I say... let sleeping dust lie.

~E

Consultation weight: 265, Surgery date: 10/6/15, Goal: 150, Current weight: 129; 5'5, 46 years old

"I am basically food's creepy ex-girlfriend. I know we can't be together anymore but I just want to spend time hanging out" ~me, about why I love cooking so much post WLS

pammieanne
on 9/28/16 7:47 am - OK
RNY on 05/16/16

But the dirt roads... and wind...

I rarely ever dusted before....

And I'm with ya on that sticky stuff making it worse! I use a lightly damp rag... damp with water, not that sticky **** No polishing for me, FOR SURE!

Height 5'5" HW 260 SW 251 CW 141.6 (2/27/18)

RNY 5-16-16 Pre-Op 9lbs, M1-18.5lbs, M2-18.1lbs, M3-14.8lbs, M4-10.4lbs, M5-9.2lbs, M6-7lbs, M7-6.2lbs, M8-8.8lbs,M9-7.8lbs, M10-1 lb, M11-.6lbs, M12-4.4lbs

RNY_elizabeth
on 9/28/16 8:01 am - TX
RNY on 10/06/15

See...when things get dirty that is different! You aren't dusting...you are cleaning. If the top of my dresser is dirty...ie I see dirt...then I get a rag with some soap and wa**** off. That is cleaning.  Dusting...NOPE...that is just pushing that **** around and signaling for aliens to send more.

~E

Consultation weight: 265, Surgery date: 10/6/15, Goal: 150, Current weight: 129; 5'5, 46 years old

"I am basically food's creepy ex-girlfriend. I know we can't be together anymore but I just want to spend time hanging out" ~me, about why I love cooking so much post WLS

AngryViking
on 9/28/16 8:08 am
RNY on 07/17/14

LOL @ signaling for aliens!

seattledeb
on 9/28/16 9:22 pm

Low lights help too. 

Teena D.
on 9/28/16 8:15 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

My kids have alternating nights of dishes and setting the table.

I love laundry but it's never ever done. My hubby does most of it, but I would love to do it.  The problem is, he thinks it's a daily chore but he never sorts, he washes, dries, folds and brings it in to our bedroom. Then the kids come in to dig around and get something they need, and the folded clothes are no longer folded and I have a mountain of laundry to fold and sort. If I wasn't gone for 12 hours a day, I'd even iron.

When I do laundry, I only do it every 3 days, I fold and sort as it comes out, and get the kids to pick up theirs. And then I put mine away, and put hubby's in the laundry basket in our room where his clothes live- because he never puts them away.

My least favourite chore? I don't really like many of them outside of laundry - dusting maybe, toilets for sure.

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

AngryViking
on 9/28/16 8:35 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Honestly, I'd rather scrub the toilet 10 times than wash/dry/fold a load of laundry.

Emiepie
on 9/28/16 7:04 am
RNY on 08/11/14

QOTD: I hate cleaning bathrooms and mopping would be a close second.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

NYMom222
on 9/28/16 5:54 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Now that I tried to read through everything- have to do a quick drive-by myself and get onto exercise so I can get on with the morning. Poop talk here- my usual coffee/miralax has failed me, nothing for 2 days... I always drink tons of fluids... Never had a problem pre-surgery...and didn't spend time thinking about it....who would have thought this would become part of my daily check list. Not me.

1: Coffee with miralax, Kirkland protein Bar

2. egg roll-uo 'crepe' with cream cheese, lox and red onion -

Made this yesterday- so easy and so good. scramble one egg and a little water. use a small fry pan like 6" (I think) heat on low with some butter. Make sure butter is spread evenly around pan. add eggs and cover. Cook on low until cooked through. Slide on to plate. Fill and roll. Like an egg burrito/crepe. The original recipe I saw on Pinterest said to flip it- but I knew I'd be ruining it if I did, so the cover worked perfect. I see lots of possible fillings in the future

3: Chicken salad

4: Chicken non-tortilla soup

5: Flounder

6: skinny pop, PB on a spoon

ex: 21-day-fix, 30 min trampoline AM weight 168 in maintenance

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

chassibi
on 9/28/16 6:23 am

That sounds amazing! I have some smoked salmon that was on special at Aldi the other day that I need to use. I think I will pick up some capers and red onion and do a play on bagel and lox!

Consult Weight:276/Surgery Day Weight: 241.6 /Goal Weight: 150

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 450 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 374 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 358 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 213 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 110 views