Whats on your Menu today (Thursday) RNYers?

Theduffman27
on 9/22/16 9:33 am
VSG on 11/19/14

Love it. There is no other way to live than to let it all hang out! I am the same and will never apologize for being me!

Emiepie
on 9/22/16 10:02 am
RNY on 08/11/14

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

catwoman7
on 9/22/16 9:22 am
RNY on 06/03/15

QOTD:  I've always been pretty self-confident so I don't feel I've changed in that respect, but like others, I no longer worry about things like breaking chairs, fitting in booths, etc (now it's just clogging toilets!!).  I had to laugh about the plastic lawn chairs - oh my yes.  In fact, I *still* have a camping chair in the trunk of my car that i used to pull out when faced with outdoor activities featuring plastic lawn chairs.  It was super expensive (for a camping chair) and holds up to 800 lbs.  Not that I ever weighed anywhere near 800 lbs, but I wanted to make absolutely sure that it had no chance of breaking!

15 months out:

B:  L&F Greek yogurt with added protein powder, blueberries, aronia berries (they are FINALLY gone!!  YAY!!)

S:  coffee with half & half, protein shake

L:  1 C cottage cheese

D:  pulled pork (again...), some kind of vegetable

probably another Greek yogurt or frozen protein pudding pop as a snack later

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

chassibi
on 9/22/16 9:23 am

Good afternoon.  I have had a crazy work week and am

ready for it to be over already! Daisy--my husband was sequestered like 16 years ago for a capital murder trial. I think it took about 6 weeks and I only saw him on the weekends. It sucked. 

Qotd: I think my confidence and the fact that I have so much more energy. I didn't want to do anything some evenings before surgery, just veg out in the couch. Now I like to have something planned every weekend and usually do!

B- tea w/SF creamer, triple zero yogurt

L- shrimp ****tail with sauce 

d- hamburger with cheese

Call are right at 700, protein at 80

Consult Weight:276/Surgery Day Weight: 241.6 /Goal Weight: 150

G2GAWAY
on 9/22/16 9:28 am, edited 9/22/16 2:28 am
RNY on 05/16/15

I have never been on a jury. I have never even made it to the selection room. I have had to show up, call in daily, etc, but never made it further than that.  And I have always worked for an employer who would pay me full pay during jury duty.  One time I had to call in nightly for two weeks for some sort of federal trial, but never even had to show up for that one.  My husband just had jury duty last week and called every day, but did not have to go in. I hope Arun gets excused. 

Such deep questions.  Has it changed me?  I am sure it has, but I hope only in the best of ways.  I have always been able to do anything I set my mind to, but not this.  Losing the weight was the one thing I could never master (at least for the long-term, and I guess I still haven't done that yet, but feel very optimistic that I will this time).  I was always very busy and active in the sense that I love to do things and go places.  I wasn't a couch potato even when I was over 300 pounds.  The difference now is that my body can keep up with my mind much more easily.  I have always traveled and done adventurous things, but I can tell you it is soooooo much easier now.  When we were in Thailand in January, I had lost 100 pounds.  I kept telling my family that I know I would have probably done most of the same things, but it was sure a whole lot easier with less weight to carry around.  Fortunately, my family was always patient with me when we were hiking or adventuring, but I know it is easier for them to have me in better shape too.  Plus they don't have to give up part of their seat for me on busses and planes anymore.  My husband and I are going to Africa in 2 weeks and I CANNOT wait for this adventure.  I booked the trip a year ago on my birthday and am so excited that I was confident that I would be physically able to do something like this at this stage of my life.   I feel like the biggest change is that I am now able to be a healthier version of myself.  I was on the verge of going on insulin (and my brother is on an insulin pump so I knew I did not want that) and my knees and ankles were rebelling to carrying around so much extra weight.  My knees still give me a little grief, but my glucose levels are awesome!!!

My Thursday menu is the same as usual, which I find I kind of like not having to make choices (although I guess this is a choice too).

B:  Premier Protein

L:  Grilled shrimp, salad, carrots (I usually put vegies, but I never eat the broccoli they serve, just the carrots because I am too full)

D:  Chick-fil-a grilled nuggets kids meal (6 nuggets, small fruit cup)

S:  Cheese & crackers

One more thing....sorry for the long post, but today I weighed exactly one-half of my highest recorded weight.  I think I weighed at least 15 pounds more at one point, but had stopped weighing then, I just know my clothes were even a larger size at that point.  Anyway, I hit this number once before, but didn't snap a picture and it has been elusive ever since. I have fought for these last couple of pounds and will continue fighting for a few more.  Started at 305, and now weigh 152.5.  The lowest weight I can honestly recall being was 151 about 27 years ago when I hit goal at Weigh****chers.  I was at that weight for exactly one minute...haha, and then began the climb back up to the top.

I will have to read the posts late tonight as I have to get back to work

Cory

5'7" Starting Weight: 305

Current Weight: 145

Emiepie
on 9/22/16 10:05 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Awesome-ness!!!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

pammieanne
on 9/22/16 11:20 am - OK
RNY on 05/16/16

Congratulations! That's a really pretty number! 

Height 5'5" HW 260 SW 251 CW 141.6 (2/27/18)

RNY 5-16-16 Pre-Op 9lbs, M1-18.5lbs, M2-18.1lbs, M3-14.8lbs, M4-10.4lbs, M5-9.2lbs, M6-7lbs, M7-6.2lbs, M8-8.8lbs,M9-7.8lbs, M10-1 lb, M11-.6lbs, M12-4.4lbs

Theduffman27
on 9/22/16 9:30 am
VSG on 11/19/14

Good Afternoon Daisy and menu Crew! Any word on AV?

QOTD - I was a star athlete in HS, was recruited by a couple of schools to play hockey and guess what, my grades were crap and I could not get into the schools that I wanted to. I think this was the start to my MO. I gained immediately following HS, I lost 100 pounds and was married and then gained a majority back. I became diabetic and  I relied on my outgoing personality to help overcome the insecurities and unhappiness I was feeling. I was slowly losing my outgoing personality and then the fluctuation of my blood sugar was changing my personality. I was angry, I was out of control. I snapped one night at camp and decided that day that I would pursue WLS. I have not looked back since. I am happier and healthier. I have energy in the morning. I am so Thankful. I look forward to getting up in the morning and have the energy to succeed and excel. I am playing hockey again. I am social again. My wife and I are like newlyweds. ( close to being empty nesters). We hike together, work out together. I will continue to work my butt off to stay healthy!

Horrible menu today

B - Buddig ham

S - Light and fit greek yogurt

L - Vienna sausages

s - String cheese and buddig beef

D - Grilled Shrimp

S - Protein bar

883 calories

E- Hockey night tonight

stay healthy my friends! Mike

Emiepie
on 9/22/16 10:06 am
RNY on 08/11/14

You've done amazing!

ttfan
on 9/22/16 11:02 am
RNY on 08/15/16

I am really just starting this journey, I am in hopes to be able to get around better.  I have been overweight all of my life, I have lost great amounts of weight just to put it back on plus more.  I am very determine this time not to let that happen again.  I know a year or 2 down the line things will get tough but I am trying to fix all of that now mentally so that I can cope with that when the time comes.

Breakfast
3 oz. 90% Lean Ground Beef Pattie
Fat Free Cottage Cheese, 0.08 cup

Lunch
Bacon 3 Medium Slices
1 Slice, Medium Red Tomatoe

Dinner
Pork Spare Ribs - Braised, 2 oz (28g) cooked

Snacks
Cappuccino Protein Powder

Totals calories 645 carbs!! 2 protein 72

High weight 335,Surgery weight 293.5,