Whats on your Menu today (Thursday) RNYers?

Daisydoo02
on 9/22/16 7:08 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

I legit LOL'd at my desk at work Peach!  So funny!  Yes on the clogged toilets, but only since I started using Miralax!  I prefer to "go" at work, its the industrial toilets, those suckers flush so hard that nothing gets stuck, our home toilets need to be replaced let's just say that!

Great answer Peach! I too am much more aware of my health and even my hubby's and my parents/In Laws.  And I find I am more interested in things at work that are health challenges, like "get your BP tested and get a free coffee card" kind of thing.  Yes the Vanity is a lot of fun right!!!  

Good luck with the personal trainer, that will be awesome! 

I don't like dark chocolate either, only milk or white chocolate, but if you can fit them into your macro's then go for it but if its slowing your weight loss then yes time to toss them! 

catwoman7
on 9/22/16 9:06 am
RNY on 06/03/15

plungers - LOL!   I could probably get a job as a plumber now after unclogging toilets so many times!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

supershopper
on 9/22/16 6:18 am

My week schedule is winding down thank goodness! Today and tomm are looking pretty good at work meeting wise. I have two projects going live in the next two weeks so it has been stressful.

Yes, being on a jury 4-6 months would be devastating financially. Does the government not pay you at all? My company pays for a week i think but that is all. I've never been called or served on jury duty. I live in a really safe country place so there is not much crime here at all, mostly just people cooking meth out here and exposing themselves in public...

QOTD: Despite the weight loss, the biggest improvement is my health. I have been heavy since age 5 so it was on my bucket list to 'run' a 5k. That happened this year and it was amazing!

Daisy looking at your calories per day, I'm wondering if I should reduce my calories from 780 to lower to drop more weight. It is coming off but slowly. I really thought I would be below goal by now.

I decided to not have slider foods as my evening snack but something actual food wise. I had been eating a CM yogurt but then i just want more. Last night I had lunch meat slices heated in micro to make the crispy, then put salsa on them and ate them. It kept me fuller than slider yogurt.

Here is what I ate yesterday:

B: 1/4 scoop wheybolic powder/1/4 scoop quest AP mix/CM yogurt/flax/chia/CM milk

L: baked chicken/egg beater whites

D: 1 oz roast turkey breast/ 1 oz london broil beef jerky/4 protein pancakes

S:2 protein pancakes/1/2 CM yogurt/ seaweed snack/1/2 package lunch meat /salsa/carrots

total 776

prot 121

carb 29

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Daisydoo02
on 9/22/16 7:14 am, edited 9/22/16 12:47 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

So here in my Province (Ontario) its up to your Employer to pay or not pay for Jury Duty time away from work.  Its not a standard at all, some Employers pay full salary regardless of the length of the trial, some pay 5 days or 10 days and some nothing. 

So glad your health has so improved!  Love that you ran a 5k!!!

Its been said many many times by the vets, to drop weight, drop the calories. So my answer is yes to you.  I personally can't go over 900-950 calories a day otherwise I start to gain so I like around 850-900 to maintain.  And agreed on the slider foods, I find they are better mid day like an afternoon snack then you still have dinner and evening snack.  There is nothing wrong with eating "food" in the evening, like a couple of hard boiled eggs or some deli meats & cheese, it will for sure keep you more full in the evening.

Good luck! And great numbers today!!!

Insert Fitness
on 9/22/16 6:43 am

Morning all!! I'm liking the theme of these questions!

qotd: well, I'm only two weeks out, so who knows where this will take me. My motivation for surgery was to preserve the good health I have, and avoid future issues. And just to make my place in the world a little easier. As other have stated. I've been lucky in that I've never had a really negative self image and have been pretty active. I'm just hoping for more, if that makes sense. I'm also keenly aware of the pride I will feel if I pull this off!

menu:

B:protein shake 

L: a little homemade chicken or egg salad (I'm on soft foods now, yay!)

D: Tbd

S:protein shake to make up the difference

ive been aiming for about 450 calories a day so far. Getting at least 1.5litre of water. Going to try and get it up to two.

have a great day all!

Daisydoo02
on 9/22/16 7:17 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Very good motivation to have surgery!  I love your line of "keenly aware of the pride I will feel if I pull this off" I totally get that and I do feel a lot of pride that I am 3 years post op, at goal (below my Surgeon's goal) and health and happy!

Enjoy soft foods, it feels like a treat after liquids LOL  Let us know if you need "soft food" ideas

450 calories a day is good, keep it there no higher yet!  Yes on upping the water, best to get into that habit now!

Keep up the great work!

Emiepie
on 9/22/16 6:49 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! Thanks for starting us again Daisy, worried about Kristen and hope she's feeling better.  I really hope that Arun doesn't get placed on the jury-I will be sending prayers that they pass on him.

QOTD: I feel like I am comfortable in my skin, not sure really how else to put it so I hope that makes sense. I enjoy being able to be active, take less medication, sleep better, and try and set an example for Em.

Time since surgery: 2 yrs, 1 month

B: SF latte, egg beaters with shredded cheese, 2 turkey sausage links

L: Bananas and cream protein shake with powdered PB2 with chocolate

S: SF latte, Carbmaster yogurt, and pork rinds

D: Mikey's cinnamon raisin muffin, a fried egg topped with shredded cheddar cheese and SF pudding in a baked wonton wrapper

E: 6 miles this morning and elliptical at lunch

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1074 Protein:123 Carbs:65 Fat:35

Have a great one!

A friend sent me this pic last night from 2009....

I saw this quote on FB right after...

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Daisydoo02
on 9/22/16 7:19 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

I love your answer! "Comfortable in my own skin", yes me too!  And for sure being healthy and active and this sets such a wonderful example for Em!! 

Your ocean pic is blowing my mind! I don't even see you!! Its a beautiful picture but if you didn't tell me it was you I would have thought it was someone else!    Awesome quote as well, that is really quite motivating and I see why you put the two together!

Keep up the awesome work girl!! 

NYMom222
on 9/22/16 7:50 am
RNY on 07/23/14

I either never saw your before pic...or am just firgetting- AMAZING!!!!! I would not even recognize you!!

I need that 'not quit' today... scale and I aren't friends right now....

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Theduffman27
on 9/22/16 8:37 am
VSG on 11/19/14

What an inspiration! You continue to do a great Job!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 445 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 51 replies · 360 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 275 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 404 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 208 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?