Whats on your Menu today (Thursday) RNYers?

Daisydoo02
on 9/22/16 5:45 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

I totally get what you are saying Grim. I see this being much more of a woman thing than a man thing.  Woman are so driven by emotion so there is that whole part of it.  

I can see how "you" have not changed, but how the world around you has changed. That makes total sense to me. Just being active alone is a massive change, being able to walk up and down stairs to do laundry, walk around all day holding your girlfriends purse in NYC (LOL) those are for sure big changes.

I am glad you life is far far different, and for the better!  Keep up the great work! 

mschwab
on 9/22/16 5:48 am, edited 9/21/16 10:48 pm
RNY on 11/21/14

Good morning to all. Look at me posting early.  I am still on East Coast time, and haven't been able to sleep past 4:00 am since I got home.  It won't last, but I am actually sort of enjoying it.  I have always wanted to be a morning person.

Ugh on Jury Duty.  Let's hope Arun is officially let off the hook soon.  I was called a couple of months ago, and dismissed after about 3 hours of sitting in a room because all of the Judges were at a conference and there were no trials.  What?  It took them 3 hours to figure that out? I did feel like I was let out of school early when they dismissed us all.  

Love your mantra for the day.  I know I always tell newbies to enjoy the ride, but I really mean it.  So many wonderful things happen each day as the weight comes off.  It is worth paying attention to and enjoying those things a long the way instead of only focusing on getting to goal. 

QOTD:  I don't think that losing weight has changed me.  I was like I am today, only fat.  I do think what is different is that I am less aware of myself in the world.  What I mean by that is that is that I don't worry about if I will fit in chairs, booths, through turnstiles, on public transportation, etc.  I don't automatically scan the room to see if I am the fattest one in it.  I don't look at stairs and dread going up them.  I don't think about how long the walk is somewhere.  I just DO stuff and go about my day without stress about my size.  It's remarkable when I think about it.

Weight: 137

Time Since Surgery:

B:  Egg Beaters, mozzarella, mushroom and bacon omelette

S:  Yoplait 100 Yogurt - Tropical Fruit

L:  4 oz. chicken thigh and green beans

S:  Deli roast beef, baby bel Gouda cheese

D:  Spaghetti squash shrimp scampi

i haven't added up the stats on this yet, but they should be around 800 calories and 90 protein.

Have a great day!

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

melissasue1982
on 9/22/16 5:54 am
RNY on 04/06/15

Your question of the day answer is awesome!!  And I didn't even realize that I have the same thing going on.  Although, for some reason, I still REALLY worry about breaking chairs! It was always a huge fear of mine when SMO, and I would NOT sit at other people's houses! 

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

mschwab
on 9/22/16 6:00 am
RNY on 11/21/14

My phobia was plastic lawn furniture. I was terrified it would collapse under me.  Hated it!

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

Daffodilgirl
on 9/22/16 7:38 am

When I read this It hit home! This weekend I found myself doing the slow slow sit down in a plastic chair and praying the legs didn't break. 

Surgery date March 4, 2016

S.W 309.8

C.W. 143.2

"Oh give thanks to the Lord for he is good!"

rachelp
on 9/22/16 8:23 am
VSG on 08/01/16

Down here in the south people regularly have backyard BBQ's and I can't tell you how many times I've had chairs sink into the yard 

Daisydoo02
on 9/22/16 6:19 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Time changes and Jet Lag are the worst!  But being a morning person is awesome!

I love your answer!  That is so true and I agree with everything you wrote 100% on the "less aware." Before it was a series of internal questions of all of what you said (like fitting in chairs, turnstiles) and now I don't even think about it either, it just happens. Its really quite wonderful!!!

NYMom222
on 9/22/16 7:44 am
RNY on 07/23/14

I so agree with your answer... the mental dialogue is so different. When I went on that hike in DC recently it was such a NSV for me. Spontaneously going to the hotel, throwing a pair of sneakers on and going hiking, Hiking!! What...who is this person?? and enjoyed every minute of it.... No mental calculations of, can i make it??

Oh God, and yes- plastic lawn furniture....

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Capogirl
on 9/22/16 8:37 am

Yes, your answer sums it up exactly!

stacyrg
on 9/22/16 11:21 am
VSG on 05/12/14

I still subconsciously worry about all those things.  I still find myself turning sideways at turnstiles, since I'm convinced my hips won't make it through.  Also, whether I'll fit in chairs is a constant for me.  I went to a concert on Tuesday night and was worried that I wouldn't fit or that I'd crowd the person next to me . . . It was a huge concern as I was walking to my seat and saw a bigger guy in the seat next to mine.  Two big people sitting side by side was something I would go out of my way to avoid if possible.  Sad that after 2 years and at 125 lbs this is still a concern.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 445 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 51 replies · 362 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 275 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 405 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 208 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?