Whats on your Menu Today (Wednesday) RNYers/VSGers

life_mirrors_art
on 9/21/16 8:12 am - Canada

Good morning! Fasting because of annual checkup at 1 pm, and all I can think about is the huge cup of coffee I will have as soon as the blood samples are taken. Coffeeeee....

QOTD:  1) PLANNING and having a well-stocked cupboard; 2) tracking every bite and sip; 3) visiting OH daily. I'm also going to say don't panic during stalls early out. 

Food today - protein bar and a big coffee as soon as my dr visit is over, roast beef for dinner, and a couple of protein snacks to bring up my totals by end of day. Won't have any trouble keeping the calories under 900 today!

Enjoy this last day of summer, and get ready for the glorious autumn tomorrow!

RNY on June 23, 2014  -  HW: 280, SW: 230, CW: 166, GW: 140

Daisydoo02
on 9/21/16 11:31 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Fasting sucks!  OMG I die when I have to fast for bloodwork, I get up at 5am everyday, I have at least two large coffee's in me by 7am and my lab does not open until 7am, there is always a massive line up so I don't get the blood work done until closer to 9am, I am pretty much dying by then LOL LOL LOL LOL

Good answers!  Planning yes!  And I have noticed so many of our menu posters are saying that!  Well stocked cupboard, that's very good too, because with no food in the house it is a recipe for disaster right!  And yes don't panic, stalls happen and you have to ride it out, just like the scale going up and down, up and down.

Thank you for being part of our menu family!  Enjoy your coffee when you get it!!

Bring on Fall, I love Fall!!

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

Daffodilgirl
on 9/21/16 8:24 am

Good afternoon menu gang! Way to go hubbie and Purple People Eaters!! I feel horrible today.  My stomach is on fire.  I have talked to one of the vets and have made a call to my surgeon. I have had this before but not like this. This is NO FUN!!!!

QOTD- Stay away from carbs and lose as much of your excess weight during your honeymoon phase.  Just like Grim says you do not need carbs.  I cringe when I read people are eating mash potatoes and gravy (this is my opinion only).  What has worked for me so far is High protein,very low carb, and I stay around 650 calories a day.  I am 6 months out and my weight this morning was 186.6 woohoo.  

Time since surgery 6 months

B- Protein shake 

To be very honest I have no clue about the rest of my day because I have a firey dragon blowing flames in my stomach today!!

I hope everyone has a fantabulous day!!

Surgery date March 4, 2016

S.W 309.8

C.W. 143.2

"Oh give thanks to the Lord for he is good!"

Emiepie
on 9/21/16 8:27 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Hope you feel better!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Daffodilgirl
on 9/21/16 8:30 am

Thank you so much! Waiting on the surgeons office to call me back. 

S.W 309.8

C.W. 143.2

Daisydoo02
on 9/21/16 11:36 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Oh MY!  Are you okay? Did you get any answers yet?  Acid maybe? Something disagree with you?  That's not good, can you check back in and let me know you are okay?

Really great answers!  I want to shout this from the rooftops - STAY AWAY FROM CARBS!  In the honeymoon phase and even after!  I cringe too on the mashed potatoes & gravy!  It sucks because NUTS are telling Newbies to eat that!  So frustrating!  You have really embraced the High Protein, Low carb, low calorie and its really showing at how quickly you are losing weight. I think you are doing really well and soon you will be a "Vet"  Congrats on the 186.6, told you it would move for you!

Thanks for being a part of our menu family, you are doing fantastic!  

Please let me know if you got any answers and if you are okay, being in pain sucks!  HUGS 

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

Daffodilgirl
on 9/21/16 11:45 am

I'm going to be really honest NO I am not good. My stomach is on fire. It even hurts to drink water. I can't even drink a protein shake now. I have called the surgeons office twice and you know you can't talk to a human only the dab nabbed voice mail. If it weren't three hours away I would so drive down there. 

Even though I cringe at mash potatoes I may have to break down and eat a spoonful. 

Any ideas how to get my fluids in? 

I called and got my carafate refilled and I have had one dose of that so far. 

S.W 309.8

C.W. 143.2

pammieanne
on 9/21/16 1:29 pm - OK
RNY on 05/16/16

Oh No! I was so hoping that by now you'd have some relief! I hope that doctor's office calls soon!

Ulcer maybe? I'm just grasping at straws because of all the issues my daughter has been through lately. Hopefully the carafate will give you some relief! 

Height 5'5" HW 260 SW 251 CW 141.6 (2/27/18)

RNY 5-16-16 Pre-Op 9lbs, M1-18.5lbs, M2-18.1lbs, M3-14.8lbs, M4-10.4lbs, M5-9.2lbs, M6-7lbs, M7-6.2lbs, M8-8.8lbs,M9-7.8lbs, M10-1 lb, M11-.6lbs, M12-4.4lbs

Daffodilgirl
on 9/21/16 1:32 pm

That's what I'm thinking.  Or excessive acid. They still haven't called me back. I have left another message with the switchboard.  I haven't changed any of my foods so I am floored by this. 

I'm hoping the second dose helps because the first hasn't touched it. (Insert frown and very unhappy emoji here). 

S.W 309.8

C.W. 143.2

peachpie
on 9/21/16 9:02 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

Oh- I LOVE the QOTD!! Congrats to Hubby & his team on the baseball win!. (And where is AV?!?!)

QOTD: My advice that's working for me to newbies: Weigh/measure/track- everything. Calories/macros will be set around their individual needs/lifestyle; but I can assure that without weighing/measuring/tracking; any nutrient goals set will be pointless. Its like driving a car with a broken gas gauge-- it could get you there; or it may stall out on you. It absolutely WILL run out at some point-- better to be on top of it.  Wouldn't you rather know where you stand???

Time since surgery: 16 months

M1: 2 scrambled egg, 1/3c turkey sausage & 1 slice cheese

M2: 1.8oz deli chicken, 1 slice cheese 1/2oz cashews

M3: 5oz ribeye & broccoli/peppers

M4: ?? Sauteed shrimp maybe

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 446 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 51 replies · 364 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?