Whats on your Menu Today (Wednesday) RNYers/VSGers

RNY_elizabeth
on 9/21/16 7:38 am - TX
RNY on 10/06/15

Morning!  Rush rush rush here today..! FYI, I am losing weight again.  Down to 135 and not super happy about that. I feel like this is under where I look and feel healthy.  People are doing that "are you sick?" "do you have cancer?" thing and I'm kinda seeing where they are coming from. Going to just keep doing what I am doing for a few more weeks and then if I don't level out I might need to try to bring my calories up.  I figure I am going to rebound at some point so being under goal is ok for now, right?

QOTD: Plan your meals in advance.  That is the single biggest thing I think I have done that has really impacted my success and failures. When I shop, cook, and pack ahead I win.  When I don't, things go sideways. (Obviously, OH and menu friends but ya'll already said that a bunch.)

Menu:

B: Light & Light Greek Blueberry, L: 1 slice pastrami, 1 slice colby jack cheese, 1 flour tortilla, D: 2 slices roast beef, 1/2 cup mashed potatoes, 4oz gravy, S: Mozzarella knot and cheery tomatoes, 1/2 cup Canary melon

Totals: Cal 886, Protein 71, Carb 79, Fat 54

Have a great day everyone!

~Elizabeth

Consultation weight: 265, Surgery date: 10/6/15, Goal: 150, Current weight: 129; 5'5, 46 years old

"I am basically food's creepy ex-girlfriend. I know we can't be together anymore but I just want to spend time hanging out" ~me, about why I love cooking so much post WLS

supershopper
on 9/21/16 10:12 am

135 is my goal weight and i hope to be under that number. It sure is taking it's sweet ass time getting there.

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Daisydoo02
on 9/21/16 11:13 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Not sure how tall you are Elizabeth, but I don't think 135 is too slim unless you are super short. I am 5'5" and I weight 125 lbs and I don't look ill. Now having said that when I was about a year out being that I work in a hospital and I work with mostly RNs and Doctors the first words out of people's mouths was "OMG are you sick?????????"  Its the rapid weight loss and how we look "gaunt".  I am still the same weight now that I was then and yet I seemed to have "filled out", I don't look as skinny and "sick". I personally would not raise your calories, or if you do by 50 calories at the most!  If you bring your calories up too much and then say you rebound by 5 lbs you are going to kick yourself in the butt for raising your calories, just my two cents.

Good answer and I totally agree!  Planning meals is a major part of my weekend.  Well it actually starts on Friday night as hubby and I do our grocery shopping for the next week on Friday nights so I plan out lunches & dinners for the week. I have too otherwise eating out is dangerous (for me it is).  "Shop, Cook & Pack ahead" that is soooooo true!!! Its WLS words to live by!

Thanks for being part of our menu family and being such a wonderful support for all here. 

Keep up the great work E you are doing amazing!

By the way wanted to ask how your son is healing after his major surgery he had this Summer?  Hope he is well and enjoying his new physique!

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

RNY_elizabeth
on 9/21/16 11:39 am - TX
RNY on 10/06/15

I think the 'right' weight depends on each person's body type.  I know right now I feel it is a little under where I want to be longer term but like you said I might 'fill out' or shift weight and be happy with this weight.  I am going to give it until my next follow up with my surgeon in December.  I will keep doing what I am doing and then see what I am weighting then. I probably will level out by then.  Doctor said if I get under 125 then call him so I will keep an eye out for that.

Shop, cook, and pack!  Mantra for me.

Thank you for asking about my kiddo!  He is doing so darn great.  It is just amazing to watch him now.  He hugs freely, talks more to his old boring mom, and smiles way more than ever.  It really has changed his whole world.  Loving it! He healed up great, is working out with his pull up bar thingy, and volunteering like crazy at the community theater. All in all it has been beautiful. Honestly I think he and I have a great deal in common now.  We both had a major transformation and we both feel joyful and healthy compared to prior to. Butterflies from our cocoons I guess...he would cringe at mom being sappy but it is true! LOL

Here is a silhouette pic I snatched of him working this weekend at the theater. He is the stage manager for a musical. All the actors and the director are adults. He is such a bossy guy for 15 years old with his headset thingy. Love it!

~Elizabeth

Consultation weight: 265, Surgery date: 10/6/15, Goal: 150, Current weight: 129; 5'5, 46 years old

"I am basically food's creepy ex-girlfriend. I know we can't be together anymore but I just want to spend time hanging out" ~me, about why I love cooking so much post WLS

pammieanne
on 9/21/16 1:25 pm - OK
RNY on 05/16/16

I just LOVE that picture!!! 

Glad he's all healed up! That's good news!

Height 5'5" HW 260 SW 251 CW 141.6 (2/27/18)

RNY 5-16-16 Pre-Op 9lbs, M1-18.5lbs, M2-18.1lbs, M3-14.8lbs, M4-10.4lbs, M5-9.2lbs, M6-7lbs, M7-6.2lbs, M8-8.8lbs,M9-7.8lbs, M10-1 lb, M11-.6lbs, M12-4.4lbs

Teena D.
on 9/21/16 8:01 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

As a pre-op, I can't WAIT to read the answers to today's QOTD! Thanks Daisy!

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

Daisydoo02
on 9/21/16 11:13 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

You are welcome!! 

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Kakesie
on 9/21/16 8:05 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Hi Daisy, Oliver and Amy are SO adorable!  I just want to cuddle with them so much!  Congratulations to Arun on his baseball win!

QOTD:  As everyone has said, Log on to the Menu Forum and My Fitness Pal.  I have written down every bite of food I have eaten since I got home from surgery.  Also do some kind of exercise.  For me, who is 60 years old and has arthritis & fibromyalgia it's just getting out and walking the dogs, but that's a lot more than I used to do pre-surgery.  Now I can walk them all the way around our subdivision without getting tired or out of breath!

Wow, I just added up my calories for yesterday and realized I ate NO snacks and my calories were only 770.  YAY!

My menu for today:

Breakfast:  2 eggs, sunny side up, 3 strips bacon

Lunch:  salad with lettuce, tomato, bacon, cheese and low cal dressing

Dinner:  Rib-eye steak

Snack:  Oiko's Triple Zero greek yogurt

Snack:  Moon cheese

Snack:  2 string cheese sticks

Snack:  sugar-free pudding w/ cool whip

Have a fantastic day everyone!

~ Karen  

Daisydoo02
on 9/21/16 11:27 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Thanks Karen, I will for sure tell the pups they have cuddles waiting for them Nebraska!

Good for you for logging every bite since surgery, that is really awesome!  And at 60 years old (you don't look 60!!!) its wonderful that you are taking care of your health so that you can live a nice long life for you, your daughter and your cutie pups!!  I love that you take the pups out all the time for walks, and soon you will be able to go farther and then a bit farther and a bit farther until you tucker them out! LOL

770 calories is great! How did it feel with no snacks?  If you can keep your calories lower you will lose your weight faster and maximize your "honeymoon" period! You can do it!!  

Thanks for being a part of our menu family, its great to see you posting everyday! Keep up the great work!

Kakesie
on 9/21/16 11:34 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Thanks, Daisy!!!  Big HUGS to you and your puppies!  

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 445 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 51 replies · 361 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 275 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 404 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 208 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?