Whats on your Menu Today (Wednesday) RNYers/VSGers

The Salty Hag
on 9/21/16 7:13 am, edited 9/21/16 12:14 am
RNY on 05/20/13

I hate that you're struggling, D. I'm right there with ya....this life **** is HARD sometimes. 

I think seeing your doc about meds is a great plan. Hope he listens to you and can help you. 

Your carbs were fairly high yesterday, BUT...you logged them and was honest about the number. ( back in the day, 196 might have a per meal number for me..lol; not daily. ) You get kudos from this hag for that. 

Edited because Audrey spelling strikes again. 

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

Emiepie
on 9/21/16 7:19 am
RNY on 08/11/14

One thing I always appreciate about you, is your honesty! I am glad you have reached out to your doc and hope you find relief soon. Hang in there!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

supershopper
on 9/21/16 7:46 am

Deanna,

I think the PDP is a great idea. Make them help you. You have taken the steps needed to help yourself and you will succeed. I know you are strong woman and capable of this. Keeping busy is also a great idea.

We ARE HERE FOR YOU!!!!

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Daisydoo02
on 9/21/16 8:45 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Thanks Deanna.  You should totally get back into Tae Kwon Do, what a great workout for the mind, body & soul and the discipline you need in your life right now.

I am really sorry you are struggling with anxiety and binge eating, it makes me so sad to read the desperation in your post. I am quite upset for you that you have waited so long to get help.  You have been struggling for quite some time now and its over due that you get help.  I have several family members that have mental illnesses, my Mom has severe anxiety and the anxiety attacks are horrible she has been hospitalised a few times due to them, I have an Aunt (Mom's sister) who has depression so bad she won't leave her condo for days and the agoraphobia is real for her and I have one great Aunt who has full blown schizophrenia, she is very sick, she is that lady you see on the street that screams at garbage cans, so I do know the fear and the terror you speak of and I hate to see anyone go through that, it is debilitating.  I really hope you can get some medication & therapy that works for you, you deserve to be happy and not go through this.

I am glad you are willing to fight for your health.  I thank you for your openness & honesty, that takes a lot of courage to speak about your fears.  Right there that shows me you have it in you to conquer this, you just need help getting there.

Thank you for being as part of our menu family Deanna, I hope you know that we are all wanting to see you well and happy.

Please keep us posted on how the appt goes tonight.  Take a deep breath, as another posted said "Be kind to yourself" help is out there and you have decided to seek it out. You can and you will do this.

I truly wish you the best, don't be a stranger okay 

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

Deanna798
on 9/21/16 9:05 am
RNY on 08/04/15

Daisy, I have been trying to get in to see my PCP for 2 months.  Tonight was the very first appointment that they had and I called them at the end of July.  I've been contemplating changing doctors since mine is so busy and hard to get in to see.  I wanted to go to see him because he knows my history and I don't want to have to go over every single thing when I go to the doctor.  I'll bring up this issue with him this evening as well.  Especially now since my Bariatric Surgeon has released me to my PCP for all care (including tracking my labs) and I don't want to have to fight to get in to see him when I need it.  

My father is a schizophrenic, though I don't have any contact with him as he is also my childhood abuser, so I am also very familiar with mental illness. There are also many bipolar people in my family, so I can relate.  I have seen an escalation of my issues since I left my job.  I guess maybe I was hoping that taking that enormous stressor out of my life would help, and in many ways it has.  But I think what it has done was open my eyes to what the real issue is.  I've also stopped internalizing so much, since I honestly didn't realize in the past how much I held in.

I will always ask for help.  Thank you and all of the other regulars (and even the drive by posters) for being here for me when I need to scream it from the rooftop.  

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

RNY_elizabeth
on 9/21/16 9:28 am - TX
RNY on 10/06/15

Hugs. ~E

Consultation weight: 265, Surgery date: 10/6/15, Goal: 150, Current weight: 129; 5'5, 46 years old

"I am basically food's creepy ex-girlfriend. I know we can't be together anymore but I just want to spend time hanging out" ~me, about why I love cooking so much post WLS

chassibi
on 9/21/16 8:54 am

Just prayers. Food is truly an addiction and we have it.

Consult Weight:276/Surgery Day Weight: 241.6 /Goal Weight: 150

RNY_elizabeth
on 9/21/16 9:25 am - TX
RNY on 10/06/15

Love you Sister.  You are stronger than this disorder.  Period. You will win.  We are here with you.

~Elizabeth

Consultation weight: 265, Surgery date: 10/6/15, Goal: 150, Current weight: 129; 5'5, 46 years old

"I am basically food's creepy ex-girlfriend. I know we can't be together anymore but I just want to spend time hanging out" ~me, about why I love cooking so much post WLS

mschwab
on 9/21/16 12:01 pm
RNY on 11/21/14

I am so sorry that you are struggling Deanna.  I wish I had some great advice, but it sounds like you know what to do and have a plan.  Whatever you do, do not isolate yourself from this group.  We are here for you.  We have your back. We need your feedback, and your need ours.  So, no matter what, keep engaged.  You are critical to this community.

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

G2GAWAY
on 9/21/16 10:44 pm
RNY on 05/16/15

I hope the doctor's appointment went well and that you can get things back on track. You have worked so hard to get to this point. Hope the job search goes well. I think having a routine can be really helpful. I tend to do better with a bit more structure in my life.

Cory

5'7" Starting Weight: 305

Current Weight: 145

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 448 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 51 replies · 372 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 321 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 213 views