Whats on your Menu Today (Wednesday) RNYers/VSGers

chassibi
on 9/21/16 8:49 am

I agree with weighing daily Cindy. If I obsess, I think to myself "so what?" I didn't get to 276 pounds by obsessing over the scale.

Consult Weight:276/Surgery Day Weight: 241.6 /Goal Weight: 150

mschwab
on 9/21/16 11:53 am
RNY on 11/21/14

I love that about in person support groups, and how we can be more real here.  How we might not be able to say in person "what's going on?" but we can say it here.  So true!

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

G2GAWAY
on 9/21/16 10:39 pm
RNY on 05/16/15

I agree with the daily weighing, although I am not logging it. That might be a good plan. I do log it at the gym with the trainer every month or so. And of course, at my doctor appointments. There is a fine balance to weighing daily because you can't let it set you off if it goes up and cause one to go off the rails.  I think when I was gaining so much weight, I stopped weighing all together. I am not even sure of my actual highest weight because I wasn't weighing myself then. So, I will continue to weigh regularly. I'm nervous about a 2 week vacation coming up with no scale available. But I will be busy and active, so planning to stay on track.

Cory

5'7" Starting Weight: 305

Current Weight: 145

danie11e
on 9/21/16 6:38 am

Good morning!

Why oh why is it only Wednesday?!? This week is dragging on. But, what a great question, I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's responses. I think being accountable is key (posting on OH, logging food, etc). However, I have also learned it is so important to be kind to yourself. We all have bad days and made poor choices, but dwelling on it doesn't help. I used to be the type of person that if I made a bad food choice I would let it totally derail me and it would be a free for all the rest of the day. Not anymore? I Have learned to accept it, own it, and move forward. Progress not perfection :)

Time since surgery: 17 months

B: 3 slices bacon, string cheese, tomato slices
S: Hardboiled egg, babybell cheese
L: Buffalo chicken salad, cheese crisps
S: Shrimp ****tail
D: Turkey meatloaf, cottage cheese
S: Hard salami and cheese rollups

E: already did my hour at the gym

Cal: 1210 Protein: 108 Carb: 18 Fat: 75

RNY 03/02/2015

I'm worth it!

Daisydoo02
on 9/21/16 7:44 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

I agree this week is dragging but having said that its almost October!! WTH right?

Great answer Danielle!  Being kind to ourselves. Yes we all make bad choices in life, not just our daily menu right!!  Like the time when I was first dating my husband and I had a really bad migraine and I ran into the drug store to buy hair dye and grabbed what I thought was "dark brown hair dye", went home dyed my hair and it was black dye, like I looked Gothic.  To this day my hubby laughs his ASS OFF about that one, ya good times LOL LOL LOL

I digress...we all make a bad food choice here and there, its whether or not we choose to beat ourselves up and derail ourselves like you said and continue making bad choices or do we pull up our big girl/boy panties and learn from it and move on.  I am so glad you have learned to accept it, own it and move forward, that is awesome! Thanks for being a part of our menu family!

This is brilliant = PROGRESS not PERFECTION!  

Great looking menu!!! awesome on the protein & carbs!  I so need to make myself some Buffalo chicken salad, I love that stuff!

Keep up the great work!

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

Theduffman27
on 9/21/16 6:45 am
VSG on 11/19/14

Good morning Daisy and menu crew.

Great Pic Daisy doo....and congrats to Arun on the big win! Yes!

I had a great workout yesterday. I am really happy with the progress I am making on the weights. I took some advice and it is paying dividends with muscle growth.

QOTD - I would recommend a great support group, ( this forum) and checking in daily, I wish I had found this Forum sooner. What works for me, High Protein, Low Carb and Accountability. I need to Log and Weigh. I am a Work in Progress at 21+ months and I always will be.

B - Buddig ham

S - Light and fit greek yogurt

L - Salad with 3 oz deli ham

S - Buddig Beef

D - Burger with an over easy egg on top.

Stay Healthy my friends! Mike

Daisydoo02
on 9/21/16 8:26 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Thanks Duff!!

Go you on the workouts!!!  So awesome that you are getting stronger and gaining muscle. You must be over the moon happy.  I personally LOVE working out. I loved it when I was in my late teens/early twenties (pre being MO) and it is such a great feeling coming out of the gym after a workout, I feel so accomplished!  Proud of you!!  Keep up the great work, such a great example for your kids!

I am really glad you found us and thanks for being a part of our menu family!  Its interesting how many people are responding to my QOTD that they love this forum.  I think that speaks volumes to all of our successes!  And ditto on HP (high protein), LC (low carb) & Accountability, logging & weighing.  

Your line really resonates for me "I am a work in Progress at 21 mos and I always will be" that is so true. I see myself at 50 yrs old, 60 yrs old, 70 yrs old (b/c I plan on living to a 100 ya know) still weight, measuring, tracking and working on myself because that is what life is a work in progress!

Great menu, keep up the great work!

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

Deanna798
on 9/21/16 6:53 am
RNY on 08/04/15

Good morning Daisy!  Congrats to your hubby about making the finals!  It's got to be exciting.  I have never really been a sporty type person.  When I was a kid I was into Tae Kwon Do and Gymnastics, and then cheerleading, but I never took any of them seriously for very long.  I was in Tae Kwon Do for a long time though, and am technically a 4th degree brown belt. I was 11 years old, and havent done any martial arts for 3 decades.  I keep thinking about maybe going back and starting over, because I believe martial arts are a wonderful way to learn discipline and Lord knows I need some right now.

I've been struggling hard with anxiety and binge eating these last few weeks.  It's hard to wrap my head around the psychology of it, because I KNOW that I shouldn't be doing it.  This is not just "eating off plan".  This is some serious, hide in the corner while I shoves pretzels down my gullet.  Or like yesterday, buying one of those packages of little chocolate donuts that Hostess makes and eating all 6 donuts one after another while driving home from Walmart, then stashing the package under the seat in my car.    I have an appointment with my PCP tonight and I'm going to be talking to him about anxiety meds, but I'm also going to talk to him about Vyvanse, which is a medication that is used to treat binge eating disorder.  I'm sitting here ready to cry because I'm terrified.  I'm terrified that this behavior is going to continue, and that I'll totally undo everything I've done with the surgery.  I'm lucky that I haven't gained any significant weight, and I've been bouncing up and down between 164 and 168 for the last few months.  Say a prayer or swing a chicken for me, because this is like living in a little slice of hell where you feel like you're drowning.  But I'm fighting back.  I'm terrified of failing and that is a huge motivator, ya know?

I just went and updated MFP for yesterday with all the **** I ate and I came in at 1709 calories 92 protein 196 carbs (!!!!) and 72 fat

QOTD:  I think right now it's hard to give advice because I'm doing so poorly, but I think that one thing that is very important is logging every single bite.  Don't sneak, don't think that one bite is insignificant or that it's nothing.  Don't isolate yourself with food. and THERAPY, THERAPY, THERAPY!  I'm going to be seeing my therapist soon for the first time in a few months.  

nearly 14 months since surgery

B: 2 eggs with reduced sugar ketchup and 3 slices of center cut bacon.  Coffee with sugar free coffeemate (Kal is having bacon and a yogurt tube) 

L: Tuna salad with garden fresh tomato and 2 Frigo string cheese

D: Pulled pork with BBQ sauce and a salad of romaine, cucumbers and tomatoes with skinny girl salad dressing.

S: shrimp with ****tail sauce made with reduced sugar ketchup. 

totals:

calories 1015 protein 109 carbs 31 fat 49

I'm upping my fluids and cutting way back on my carbs.  I have to try to take control of this situation and I'm looking for little things I can do to keep me way from food

Also, I started my job search yesterday.  Hoping maybe going to work part time will help me to stay busy and away from junk.  

Please feel free to post any advice that you have.  I am open to all suggestions.  Be tough on me if you want, because goodness knows that I need some smacking around, though I don't think anyone could be as hard on me as I am on myself.

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

Theduffman27
on 9/21/16 7:01 am
VSG on 11/19/14

You always give great advice and you are working through a bump in the road right now. You will get yourself heading in the right direction as you are your own best advocate. I have no doubts in my mind that you will continue to succeed.

pammieanne
on 9/21/16 7:09 am - OK
RNY on 05/16/16

I think looking for a job might be a good thing for you. It's very hard to transition to a SAHM (stay at home mom)... and some people find themselves with too much time to burn. You are constantly surrounded by food (like little kid food, all.the.time!), have very little time to yourself, get stressed, and for me, I got depressed after a while. Get that resume updated and hopefully the perfect position will fall in line for you!

I'm glad you're going to see your therapist! Be honest with them, and you will get through this! 

YOU can do this!

Height 5'5" HW 260 SW 251 CW 141.6 (2/27/18)

RNY 5-16-16 Pre-Op 9lbs, M1-18.5lbs, M2-18.1lbs, M3-14.8lbs, M4-10.4lbs, M5-9.2lbs, M6-7lbs, M7-6.2lbs, M8-8.8lbs,M9-7.8lbs, M10-1 lb, M11-.6lbs, M12-4.4lbs

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 448 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 51 replies · 371 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 319 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 213 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 110 views
Recent Topics