Whats on your Menu Today (Wednesday) RNYers/VSGers

Teena D.
on 9/21/16 8:11 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

Not only do they tell you it's okay- they preach it- that you need to have grains in your diet and it's okay to have treats and so on and so forth. My dietitian looked at my past diets and brushed off the paleo diet right away.  And that was the diet I had the greatest long term success with.

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

catwoman7
on 9/21/16 6:17 am
RNY on 06/03/15

QOTD:  definitely being part of an online forum.  I check in here at least once a day, and usually two or three times.  It keeps my focus on my program, where it needs to be for the rest of my life if I'm going to be successful.

B:  Greek pumpkin yogurt with added protein powder and 2 T oats (this is *super* filling - good thing because I have to guest lecture in two classes this morning, so this'll have to hold me through 'til lunch!)

S:  coffee with half & half.  Maybe a protein shake later if I'm low (trying to add protein powder to food now instead since it seems to stay with me longer than a shake does....)

L:  1 C cottage cheese

D:  pulled pork, 1/2 C Chinese salad

probably another Greek yogurt or frozen protein pudding pop somewhere in there....

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Daisydoo02
on 9/21/16 7:18 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Great answer Catwoman!  There are the odd day that I am swamped at work and can't post but I make sure that evening at home I read the thread, check in on how you are all doing!  It really really is a huge part of my success!  People like to be a "part" of something that they share similarities with others.  I think that is why things like Church, Team Sports, In person support groups etc are so fantastic, you spend time with like minded people who are all there for the same reason and you get support.  Love my MENU FAMILY and thanks for being a part of ours!

Great idea on adding extra protein powder to your foods. It will keep you fuller longer than a shake.  And its easy to add it to food that is already a strong flavour like Chilli as you can't taste the protein powder.

Keep up the great work!

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

luvn2oxfrd
on 9/21/16 6:35 am

Morning!

QOTD: Therapy.  Find a good therapist.  Most of us have issue with food that go deeper than simply eating too much.

Time since surgery: 3+ years

B: scrambled, eggs, wheat toast (i need to knock this out!) and 1 slice bacon

S: 3 oz. roasted turkey breast

L: 3 oz. chicken breast
S: protein shake
D: 3 oz. korean beef

Calories: 875

Protein: 100

Carbs: 40

RNY May 2013

5'3" Highest Weight: 325lbs

Surgeon's Goal Weight: 140lbs * My Goal Weight: 170lbs * Current Weight: 279lbs

Motto: "You never fail until you stop trying." -Einstein

Daisydoo02
on 9/21/16 7:22 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Absolutely a good therapist for those of us who have eating disorders, trauma, PTSD because you are right it often does go deeper than "just eating too much."

Yes you do need to knock out the wheat toast. If you up the eggs & bacon you wont even have room for toast.

Be strong you can do it!!! Thanks for posting daily, its good to have you here!

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Deanna798
on 9/21/16 7:31 am
RNY on 08/04/15

I had been eating a slice of toast everyday.  Hey, it's diet bread (only 35 calories a slice, right?) but I'm finding that just like there are gateway drugs, there are gateway foods as well. 

Add an extra egg, or better yet, add TWO more slices of bacon!  Yummy.  

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

NYMom222
on 9/21/16 6:36 am, edited 9/20/16 11:44 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

First- Cranberry goat cheese on a Turkey Burger? yummmm

Tell Arun I'll be rooting for him. Having met him now and knowing the over-the-top sports type well (my son) - Ha! Totally get the three year old reference. Can so picture it...hahahahaha

QOTD: While I still go to hospital support when can and I luckily have groups in the community started by WLS patients... coming here daily is essential. A couple of times a month is not enough. Planning my menu is essential. It makes me think about what I am doing that day, as well as thinking about what I have in the house....Even if it ends up changing, It's a plan! And I agree with JB, don't 'cheat' while losing weight and maximize that first year. It doesn't get easier...

Went to one of my community support groups last night. The two leader have both kept off like 160lbs each for 8 years. They both had 20iish pound regain from they're lowest, but look totally normal. My good friend of 30 years had the sleeve in March and has been coming with me... so of course she asks me about people's stories... I have been coming for 2 years and unfortunately there are a significant amount of people in the group who are just getting bigger and not smaller... like Have probably gained 50-75lbs since I know them. And while we talk about topics, In some ways you can be more 'real' here online everyday than in person....nobody wants to hurt anyone's feelings and say "What's going on??"

Here we say, "What's going on??"

Weight this AM still 168.8. ugh scale...fickle friend. You feel like after a virtuous day the scale should show it...LOL. Guess it will take a few days to combat the weekend eating out.

Edit: I have to add daily weighing myself is important to me. Have to get your head straight with it. I also record my weight once a week on Wednesdays,(surgery day) monthly on my surgiversary and on Doc's visits. I can tell you any weight for the last 2+ years. It has helped me as well along the road to see how far I've come.. or put my head back on straight when I was on a plateau...

Not sure of menu as I have a dental appointment at noon.... and not sure how the mouth will feel after that

1: Coffee, Fairlife milk, miralx

2: 2 eggs, melted cheese

3: Green protein smoothie (post-dental)

4: greek yogurt

5: hamburgre w/ swiss and mushrooms (maybe if the mouths up to it)

6: PB on a spoon

Ex: 21-day-fix and 30 minutes on rebounder trampoline.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Insert Fitness
on 9/21/16 6:59 am

I agree about the daily weighing. For me it was huge in understanding the fluctuations in my weight that aren't calorie related. Preop I've seen a jump of over 5 lbs from one day to the next. It helped me not freak out if I haven't lost anything after a week of being on track. And especially for women, during TOM or ovulation things will slow or stop. I just enter the weight in mfp and if it fits in a downward trend on a weekly average,  I know I'm on the right track.

Daisydoo02
on 9/21/16 7:33 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

the turkey burger and the cranberry goat cheese is so awesome you must try it!!! I eat it really really show cuz it tastes so good!  Like Thanksgiving in a small burger! LOL

I will tell hubby you are cheering him on!  Yes you get the "crazy about sports" right LOL

Good answer Cyndy and great job on going for two years to your in person support group, that is awesome!  I hope you tell them about OH and how much it helps all of us and how we welcome them if they want to join!!!  And yes, its good to say "What's going on?" Its not like we don't understand or don't "get it" if anyone does WE DO!!!  Thanks for being a part of our menu family!!!

Oh the scale... the Angel & the Devil all in one!  I also weigh daily, I have since the day of surgery.  Does it go up and down, YES, do I get upset, YES, do I say f-it and eat a whole birthday cake (I would have pre surgery) NO.  I know my limits, I know what I can treat myself with.  Eating out always always gives me a pound or two gain and as soon as I start eating on plan again it drops right off, you got this!!

Oh good luck at the Dentist!  I hate the Dentist.  I am actually overdue for my cleaning appt and I keep putting it off, its bad and I promise all of you that I will call the Dentist today and make an appt, that is my promise to you all, cuz if I say that to all of you then I will do it b/c I don't want to disappoint you all!

Dinner sounds yummy, I can eat mushrooms for days but depending on your dental appt it might be a soup kind of day! good luck!

NYMom222
on 9/21/16 8:12 am
RNY on 07/23/14

I have the same dentist for 20+ years, but I haven't been to him and six. So this was way overdue, luckily I have nothing major going on but do I have to have a very old Replaced which requires him doing special stuff to get it off so he doesn't ruin what underneath. So we will see .

Actually when I saw him last week he was shocked by my weight loss. He was like it's the same voice but I would never have recognized you.  He's a great dentist, but not overly friendly or animated and this was like the first time I think I've ever seen him excited,  when he saw my weight loss. 

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 445 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 51 replies · 364 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 277 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 405 views