Whats on your Menu Today (Wednesday) RNYers/VSGers

NYMom222
on 9/21/16 6:44 am
RNY on 07/23/14

It is hard when sickness spreads through the house.... hope it doesn't happen. Best thing is to wipe down/lysol Door handles, faucets and toilet handles frequently as this is where it usually gets picked up...

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Teena D.
on 9/21/16 8:05 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

Hubby was running around this morning looking for his tylenol cold.  He has the sniffles and was DYING.  Complaining about a fever, the whole 9 yards... He was already late for work and I had to drop him and the kids off before my appointment so I may have been a tad unsympathetic... sarcasm may have been used.

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

Emiepie
on 9/21/16 7:01 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Hope everything goes ok!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Kakesie
on 9/21/16 7:31 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Hi Melissa,

Zicam has been a lifesaver for me when I've had a cold.  It really helps with the symptoms and shortens the cold's duration!  Give it a try!

~ Karen  

Insert Fitness
on 9/21/16 5:56 am

Morning all!

qotd: as a newbie, I'm looking forward to this one! My advice would be the same as yours. Check in daily. Also, something I saw in another forum. "Just don't quit". Sounds over simplified, but makes so much sense to me. Don't let a bad day turn into a bad week. You can't expect to get it right every time, but you keep going. It's all trial and error. 

menu: 

B:protein shake

L: lentil soup

D:tbd

S: protein shake.

Speaking of trial and error, off to the drs for a throat swab/ inspection.... this scratchy feeling is driving me bazonkers! Meat? Swelling? Thrush? Stay tuned for more in the continuing saga of "what is even happening in there?" 

Have a great day everyone! 

Daisydoo02
on 9/21/16 6:43 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

checking in daily is so important!  I encourage those who are not into posting to at least read daily. But at the same time we welcome everyone and getting real time feedback is awesome from people who are going through the same thing.

"Just Don't Quit" is very good advice. And its true we are all nodding our heads that pre surgery if you had a screw up day we just felt defeated and said "to hell with it" and then ate even more and then it became a screw up week, month year and the pounds pile on.  

This journey is very much trial & error.  There is a lot of commonalities that we all share and go through but what works for me in terms of food my not work for you so its good to get the feedback from the Vets and each other.

Your sore throat just might be that, a sore throat. There is a Fall cold going around and I already have several people off work due to the cold.  Hope its nothing but good to get it checked out.  You are early post op, your body is still healing and using its energy to heal your body not fight a cold/infection. Be kind to your body, drink your liquids and get lots of rest.  Sleep restores the body.  Feel better!

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

Insert Fitness
on 9/21/16 9:56 am

Thanks! Back from the dr and she thinks I had a bout of silent reflux that irritated the lining of my throat . Doubled up on my ppi for a couple of weeks, and let it heal.... lame and a little annoying, but on we go!

Emiepie
on 9/21/16 7:01 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Hope you are able to determine what is causing the throat irritation so you can feel better.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Queen JB
on 9/21/16 6:00 am
RNY on 07/20/15

QOTD: I didn't eat anything off plan until I was at goal. Don't "cheat". It's not worth it! It makes everything harder and sabotages success. Also, I posted here every day since two days post op. The accountability and planning are invaluable. 

B: Fit Frappe Protein

S: HB Egg, 2 babybel and pepperoni slices 

L: Powercrunch brownie

S: almonds

D: ??

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Daisydoo02
on 9/21/16 6:45 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Awesome advice!  How come I didn't think of that!  

DON'T EAT ANYTHING OFF PLAN NEWBIES!!!  DON'T CHEAT EARLY POST OP!!!

Its so true JB, that the farther we get out from surgery the harder it is.  If you start cheating early and eating off plan it begins bad habits that are soooo hard to break and the struggle is real.  

Congrats on the "posting since two days post op" that is awesome.   I agree as well the accountability & planning are so valid, I know for me its a huge part of my success!

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 445 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 51 replies · 364 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 278 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 405 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 208 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?