Whats on your Menu Today (Wednesday) RNYers/VSGers

Daisydoo02
on 9/21/16 11:39 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Thanks Peach!!

Great answer!  Yes yes and YES on weigh/measure/tack, that should also be a WLS slogan!  Love your analogy on the broken gas gauge, its true, you can guess all you want and you may be lucky or you may not but why guess??????

Thanks for being part of our menu family, and supporting all the other menu posters!!  

Great looking menu!!! Keep up the great work you are doing awesome!

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

ttfan
on 9/21/16 9:10 am
RNY on 08/15/16

I have to agree on what everyone has said, I spent months before surgery reading everything I could about this process. Coming in here, tracking all my bites on MFP, keeping my carbs low ( I try and keep them at about 20 or less),  Planning ahead, I do MFP every morning and adjust it to get the totals that I want, otherwise I would be to high in my counts because my mind is bigger than my stomach...lol

Breakfast 

Bonless Skinless Thigh Grilled, 3 oz

Lunch
Light Olive Oil Mayo, 15 g
One Tablespoon Fage
Dill Pickle Slices
Tuna - Albacore White, 2oz drained
Medium Red Tomatoe, 1 slice

Dinner
Hmr - Pot Roast,
Carrot

Snacks
Premeir Nutrition

Totals calories 524 carbs 21 protein 77

High weight 335,Surgery weight 293.5,

M1- 24.5 lb,. M2 14, M3-9.5, M4- 7.5, M5- 6.5

Daisydoo02
on 9/21/16 11:41 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Good for you on coming here months before hand, I bet that is a huge part of your success!  

Its so true right that if we did not track, keep carbs low, plan ahead our eyes/mind is bigger than our stomachs and we would get in trouble!

Thanks for being a part of our menu family and stop by more often, its great to see you!! Keep up the great work!!

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

G2GAWAY
on 9/21/16 10:55 am
RNY on 05/16/15

Congrats to your hubby on the baseball win.  I was never an athlete as a child/teen (although I ice skated until 6th grade), so can't imagine playing competitive sports at this point in my life.  That is a commitment.

QOTD: What would I tell the newbies?  I feel like I am still a newbie myself, but I guess I would say that now is the time to put yourself first, make yourself the priority for a change, and do NOT be afraid to ask for what you want/need to be successful.  I eat out frequently.  It is a part of my life, so I am determined to make sure it works for my long-term success.  I ask the server for help.  I tell them what I need (I don't tell them why), like I'm looking for just a side order of shrimp or fish without the carbs, etc.  They are typically so helpful at coming up with a plan that works for me. For example, I could just get a side of shrimp at BJ's for $5 and it was way more than I could eat at the beginning.  My daughter's college graduation meal had a set menu, but I just explained that I needed something like scallops (it was at a seafood restaurant and it was my first week of solids of any kind) and she had the kitchen make me a small skewer.  Also, I try not to look at a menu when I go out, because then everything sounds great.  I know what I can eat.  I don't need a menu. This is a major change in your life, ask for what you need.  My second piece of advice (yes, that was all one piece of advice) is DO NOT eat things that you know you should not be eating early on.  Stick to the plan.  High protein, low carb, low fat (although you do need some fats), low sugar.  It is a short window of time, everything will come eventually (albeit in smaller portions).  You don't need pizza or pasta.  I see some things people post about eating early out and I am shocked. Really, it is NOT worth it.  Change your thinking from "I can't eat that" to "I don't eat that."  That is what thin people do.  They choose not to eat that.  Every day is a choice to maintain your new lifestyle.  Having said all of this.  Maintaining is going to be the tricky part.  I think it will be a fine balance each and every day. 

B: Premier Protein

L:  Not exactly sure of my plans, but it will be protein. 

D: Ditto.  Depends on what I have for lunch so I can mix it up.  I am sure that there will be shrimp either for lunch or dinner.

S:  Cheese wedge and crackers. 

My cheese-os are arriving today, so that may be a snack later.  I received Kay's pretzels yesterday and ate one package.  It was OK, but it did satisfy my need for crunch.  There are in individual bags which is a good portion control thing. I like that they have lots of protein.

Have a good day everyone.

Cory

5'7" Starting Weight: 305

Current Weight: 145

Daisydoo02
on 9/21/16 11:48 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Thanks G2G!! Hubby is very much committed to his ball games, hey I have OH, he has ball its all good LOL

WOW great answers!! I LOVE ALL of what you wrote!  NEWBIES make sure you read this!! YES YES & YES!!!  I can't even add anything more, its so great!  I love your lie of Change your thinking from "I can't eat XXX" to "I don't eat XXX" that is perfect!

Thanks for being a part of our menu family, I know you often post late due to being on the West Coast but we still want you here!!!

Keep up the great work!  You have done awesome in just over a year post op!

Enjoy the Mr Cheese Os, I love those yummy nuggets!!

Keep up the great work!!!

G2GAWAY
on 9/21/16 10:55 pm
RNY on 05/16/15

Yeah, it is tough being on the West Coast and I am NOT a morning person. I sometimes scroll through a bit on my phone before I get out of bed, but can only manage to press the "like" button sometimes. Too hard to post from my phone. Thanks for your positive cheerful posts to all of us. Even though I can't post and respond like I would like to, I need to stay on this forum for support because I haven't felt very connected at the local support group.  Thanks everyone.

Cory

Tempestt
on 9/21/16 1:10 pm
VSG on 09/07/16

Hello All! 

I'm not sure where to post now that I ended up with a Sleeve instead of the RNY.  But, today I will post here.  Today is the day I get to try a soft food and I'm starting with a scrambled egg. 

QOTD: Tracking food - the only time I've ever been successful keeping weight off is when I have written down every bite I've eaten. It also pays to stock up on the foods you need, although, I have found I stock up on some things and then never use them (3 boxes of broth and Cream of Wheat that I am now going to donate when the Girl Guides or Scouts come around for their food drive).  

B - 1/2 cup of Oikos 0% fat Coconut Greek Yogurt

L - Scrambled egg

D - Chocolate Premier Protein & PB2

S - TBD - definitely protein 

P.S. Daisy - My chocolate lab would fit in well with your two, but they might wonder about her weirdo brother, our English bulldog. 

Sleeve September 7, 2016

5' 3"; Highest Weight/Program Start Weight: 256.6 lbs.; Surgery Weight: 214.6 lbs. Goal Weight: 145

"A year from now you will wish you started today." - Karen Lamb

G2GAWAY
on 9/21/16 10:56 pm
RNY on 05/16/15

This group isn't limited to RNY and it seems to be one of the more active threads, so feel free to join in the fun over here.

Cory

yvonnef1964
on 9/21/16 2:29 pm
VSG on 08/11/14

Hi menu gang,

Sorry Im so late, put Im dealing with the depression demons today.

Daisy congrats on your husbands win. Love your dogs. I wish I could have a dog but cant where I live.

QOTD reading and posting on OH. Measuring and tracking your food. Drink alots of water.

B leftover meat lovers omelet from lunch yesterday and string cheese

L cottage cheese and turkey deli meat

D pork loin, cream corn and 1/2 sweet potato

S greek yogurt, turkey sausage snack sticks, and apple

Have a good evening

NANNY13
on 9/21/16 3:46 pm
WLS on 12/21/15

OK. I plan on buckling down and getting rid of the extras to get this last bit of weight off!

Breakfast : shake  20 protein 140 calories 15 fat 9 carbs

Lunch:  4 oz of canned chicken with yellow mustard  18 protein  90 calories 1 fat

Dinner - the same

Snack- shake same as breakfast

Totals: protein 76  Calories 476  Fat 34  Carbs 18

Work-out weights 1 hour

Run 3 miles

stretches push ups ect 30 min

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 446 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 51 replies · 364 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?