What's on Your (photo) Friday Menu, RNYers?

Capogirl
on 9/16/16 6:30 am

Good morning, it's a tad chilly here in the Boston burbs today, but sunny and should warm up to about 70 later. 

So jealous of the OH meetup, I am so wishing I were able to get to Ithaca this weekend, but too many other things going on in my world right now, a trip anywhere isn't on my agenda, hopefully Vegas in the spring will be.  Hope you all have a great time!

Weekend will be busy, with the usual housework and laundry, getting a haircut, and visting my aunt in one nursing home on Saturday while her daughter is away and an uncle in another facility on Sunday, he is not doing very well, had a stroke three years ago and is now rapidly declining according to his daughter.  Havent' been to see him in a while.

Time since surgery 16+ months

B:  2 eggs

L:  Chicken

D:  ?  Hubby and I are planning to go out tonight.

S:  Balanced Breaks & Dannon L&F greek yogurt

Daisydoo02
on 9/16/16 10:50 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Have a great weekend Beth, its sounds busy!  We will be thinking of you in Ithaca... but Vegas baby!!

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

Insert Fitness
on 9/16/16 6:30 am

Morning all!

ill be spending as much of the weekend as I can at folkfest! I have to say though, yesterday's outing wiped me out! My husband suggested bringing lawn chairs, to take a break when needed. After initially being horrified, because we are not chair people (no offence to festival chair people hahaha) but I think he's right. 

Menu wise, if I'm cleared for purée, I'll be making some kind of soup to try. Either butternut or a bean. 

And I can't seem to figure out how to share a photo in from my iPad....

hope everyone has a great weekend!

Daisydoo02
on 9/16/16 10:54 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Enjoy the festival. 

YES on lawn chairs, you don't want to over do it, you are so freshly post op!! 

Puree's are the best after being on liquids for so long!  

Some ideas: sugar free apple sauce, heated in the microwave for a few seconds sprinkled with cinnamon and you can always add some unflavoured protein powder to it

pureed veggies

cream of wheat or oatmeal

ricotta bake - see "World According to Egg Face" for the recipe

Good luck and have fun!

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Insert Fitness
on 9/16/16 2:58 pm

Thanks! I'm definitely going to try the baked ricotta!

they also suggested I could try moist scrambled eggs, so that's what I did for lunch. I had a little less than half, about four bites from the baby teaspoon I'm using. No issues but then promptly napped hard for an hour, like I'd just had turkey dinner!! Haha

luvn2oxfrd
on 9/16/16 6:50 am

Morning! Happy Friday!

Endoscopy results are not back yet (I'm impatient, its only been 3 days.) My bloodwork is back though and it was negative for celiac antibodies. Woot! So now I can once again cut out my trigger foods...crackers, bread! AMAW anyone? I have been doing some trial and error with my foods lately and I think I have finally figured out that I am lactose intolerant. I ate the toppings of a meat pizza for breakfast...the result was not good. So, let's cross dairy off the list. Who needs those carbs anyway?

QOTD: Ok, don't laugh...we are taking the kids to the Pennsylvania Recreation Vehicle and Camping Association's trade show this weekend ;) We figure for $20 the kids can hop in and out of RVs until their heart's content. My husband will be in his glory...he and his family transversed the country in a pop-up TWICE as a kid.

Time since surgery: 3+ years

B: meat lovers pizza (toppings only)
S: 3 oz. lemon pepper chicken
L: 3 oz. roasted turkey breast
S: premier protein shake
D: 3 oz. Salisbury steak

Calories: 705

Protein: 87

Carbs: 17

RNY May 2013

5'3" Highest Weight: 325lbs

Surgeon's Goal Weight: 140lbs * My Goal Weight: 170lbs * Current Weight: 279lbs

Motto: "You never fail until you stop trying." -Einstein

Daisydoo02
on 9/16/16 10:56 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

I think your kids will love the RV show, what a great idea!

I became lactose intolerant post surgery, at about 2 years post op so it is common.  

Great looking menu!! 

Have a great weekend!

mschwab
on 9/16/16 6:54 am
RNY on 11/21/14
Good morning everyone from gorgeous Manhattan. Had an amazing day yesterday with Cynthia, Julia and John. We ate meat, we shopped (John was a great sport) and we walked a lot. So much fun! I am shopping on 5th Ave today, and then Mets game with the gang. Meeting Cynthia later today, and then we'll have a slumber party at the hotel. Ithaca tomorrow! B: scrambled eggs and bacon I have nothing planned after that. Have a great day everyone, and here is another pic from yesterday.

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

mschwab
on 9/16/16 6:55 am
RNY on 11/21/14
Phone won't let me post a pic. Will have to do it later from my tablet.

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

G2GAWAY
on 9/16/16 9:45 am
RNY on 05/16/15

Sounds like a lot of fun!  Enjoy!  Ummm...I don't see a picture?

Cory

5'7" Starting Weight: 305

Current Weight: 145

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 450 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 374 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 359 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 213 views