What's On Your Thursday Menu, RNYers?

CathyV
on 9/8/16 7:38 pm

I drive a 12 passenger brown van named Bertha. :)

HW- 375

SW- 358

GW- 175

lizz122964
on 9/8/16 8:43 am

Good morning everyone, 

Pretty cute video, now I want pumpkin spice something, yummy. 

QOTD I don't have vanity plates, but I do like trying to figure them out. 

Menu 

B Protein drink 

L 2 oz of turkey meatball 

Dinner 2 oz of baked chicken 

S Greek yogurt and handful of blueberries 

Totals 531 cal  82 g of protein 

Enjoy your day 

G2GAWAY
on 9/8/16 9:57 am
RNY on 05/16/15

Quick post in between meetings. Action packed day today. Two meetings I didn't know about this morning, that it would be "nice" if I attended.  Which translates to "you should be there."  And I have four interviews this afternoon in conjunction with another department looking for the same positions so we are interviewing together.  They scheduled them starting at noon with no breaks in between...and I have an 11-12 meeting.  Seriously?  Who does that?  I am going to blow off the 11 am meeting and go pick up a chicken salad at Wendy's. Uggh.  

QOTD:  Yes!  I have G2GAWAY which is a testament to my need to be on vacation or doing something, from the old AOL IM days, of G2G meaning "Got to Go" (or Get).  I also bought them for my kids.  They like to refer to it as the "Gift that keeps on giving" since there is an additional cost in their registration each year.  One daughter's is HICKAT  because she always thought she was so hip and cool, but I would catch her in the kitchen singing Dolly Parton songs.  I had to fight for the plate because the DMV said that hick can be derogatory, but in this context it means a country bumpkin.  I won and we got the plate.  My other daughter's plate is WINEER.  She is actually a winemaker, but figure she might not always be that, but she will likely always love wine. Some people tease her that she is a whiner.  Also, it may be a magnet for DUI checkpoints, but she shouldn't be driving while drinking anyway.  And, I just bought one for my husband because he was feeling left out.  His is N2PLYWD.  He is in the wood/laminating business and has been his whole life and has a little wood-related business on the side.  He just got it and put it on his truck.  He is very happy about it.  Can't think of the best one I have seen, but I like to read them and try to figure them out.

My menu is likely to be:  Premier Protein, Wendy's chicken salad for lunch, maybe a greek yogurt snack (I have one in the fridge at work-yay) since I will be starving after the interviews, gym tonight with trainer (otherwise I would surely cancel tonight), chickfila grilled nuggets and fruit cup.  I hate to have chicken twice in the same day, but it is what it is today.

Much to do. My 10 am meeting is starting in 4 minutes, so I will have to continue to read posts later.  Have a great day.

Cory

5'7" Starting Weight: 305

Current Weight: 145

stacyrg
on 9/8/16 10:01 am
VSG on 05/12/14

Morning.  I refuse to say good morning, since so far there's been nothing good about it.  I live less than 6 miles from my office and this morning it took me more than an hour to get here.  If you look out my window, traffic is backed up for MILES.  If I didn't have to bring so much crap (ok, work necessities) with me, I could have run here and killed two birds with one stone . . . get to work faster and get my exercise in.  I haven't posted for a while and thought I'd get back into the swing of things.  As I posted before (and I don't like to post too much, because i feel like I whine and moan about my food issues entirely too much . . . I really am not a complainer so I try to shut it down when I feel myself complaining too much) I'm having food issues.  I started as lactose intolerance (or dairy allergy . . . I have an appt with the doctor in 2 weeks to confirm) so I cut out ALL dairy which made me a very sad person.  My issues have now grown to include dense protein . . . TMI on the way . . . I have no problem eating meat, it goes down, stays down and doesn't cause me to slime . . . but it does cause nausea and GI distress about 45 minutes after I eat.  It goes right through me.  Anyway, I haven't been posting too much because I just don't want to think about food or its aftermath.  I know I shouldn't complain, but I've lost about 4 lbs in slightly more than a week and people are starting to ask me if i've lost weight . . . I know not a bad thing, but . . .

KQOTD:  I don't have a vanity plate and never have.  Mostly because I'm not clever enough to come up with anything worth having.  Before I tell you my favorite plate and the story behind it, I have to give a disclaimer . . . my language sometimes veers off into sailor or truckdriver territory . . . it's not very ladylike and f'bombs don't bother me.  Anyway . . . a family friend ordered the plate "FOAD"  The DMV rejected it thinking that it stood for "F off and die" . . . which of course, it did.  My friend said "No, it's For Our Anniversary, Dear"  The DMV said "OK" and she got her plate.  Don't think poorly of me because I'm kind of jealous of that plate . . .

Food:

B: 2.5 oz of turkey breast and a hard boiled egg (could only eat 1/2 of the egg)

L:  Italian sausage and peppers

D: Ribeye (or chicken on the grill) and salad

S: sliced ham (2.5 oz) almonds (1 oz)

Cal: 793 (too low); Protein: 86g; Fat: 38g; Carbs: 26g

Happy friday eve

AngryViking
on 9/8/16 10:18 am
RNY on 07/17/14

I'm so sorry you're having such a hard time with food.  That makes me sad.  OTOH, I approve of your salty language.  LOL  I myself can throw down with the best of them much to my husband's chagrin.  For you:

Image result for i don't trust people who don't swear

stacyrg
on 9/8/16 10:22 am
VSG on 05/12/14

LOL!  It drives my mother CRAZY and she wants to know if it was a class I had to take in law school.  

melissasue1982
on 9/8/16 10:43 am
RNY on 04/06/15

UGH Food issues, I am SO SORRY!!! I don't wish those on anyone   You can come on here and ***** and moan as much as you want, that is what we are here for!! 

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

Emiepie
on 9/8/16 2:10 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

You can always come here to vent, that's what we are here for! I am hoping the issues get better over time.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

catwoman7
on 9/8/16 10:12 am
RNY on 06/03/15

QOTD:  no vanity plates here - we're too cheap.  I've seen lots of clever ones, but the only one I can remember is "CAT RN", which used to be in our vet clinic's parking lot.  Evidently one of the vet techs...

15 months out

B:  Greek yogurt with 5 strawberries and a few aronia berries

S: double protein shake, coffee with half & half

L:  1 c cottage cheese mixed with caraway seeds & scallions with some cherry tomatoes on top

D:  Thai-style chicken curry, no rice (I make it with Silk unsweetened coconut milk (instead of the rich stuff in the can) and PB2 (instead of peanut butter) to cut the calories

probably another Greek yogurt or frozen protein pop as a snack later

exercise:  water aerobics

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

ttfan
on 9/8/16 10:16 am
RNY on 08/15/16

No vanity plates for me, I pay enough to the government without giving them extra's...lol

Breakfast 1 egg
Sausage Patty 1 Patty
Kraft American Cheese Slices 2%, 1 Slice

Lunch
Chicken Breast (Deli Sliced, Nitrate Free), 2 oz
Bolthouse - Mango chipotle dressing, 2 Tbs

Dinner
Home Made - Roasted Turkey, 2 oz
Squash 0.25 cup cubed

Snacks
Nectar - Cappuccino Protein Powder, 1
Chicken Breast (Deli Sliced, Nitrate Free), 2 oz