What's On Your Tuesday Menu, RNYers?

The Salty Hag
on 9/6/16 11:50 am, edited 9/6/16 4:52 am
RNY on 05/20/13

I do too!! I still have tree trunk legs and cankles. I am so jealous of Deanna...she's got great legs with tiny, petite ankles. 

I finally broke down last year and bought "super wide" calf boots from a site called widewidths.com. They aren't cheap, sadly, but they've got calf circumferences up to 24" I think, based on your foot size. Since I'm short, I had to order the reaaaallly wide calf boots since the fullest part of my leg is lower than what non-shorties are. 

Edited to add: The boots on that site go up to 22 1/2" calf circumference, not 24. Just fixing my boo-boo. 

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

melissasue1982
on 9/7/16 5:13 am
RNY on 04/06/15

I have told Deanna before how much I love her legs!!  LOL

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

pammieanne
on 9/6/16 8:22 am - OK
RNY on 05/16/16

So what size are your calves? And do you remember what they were when you started fitting into regular boots?

I have a few pair of higher boots, but they are from Lane Bryant... extra wide calf sized. I'm itching to get some new ones this year, but I'm not sure if I'll make it with the calves... guess I could start trying them on, but I get really bummed when things don't fit and I spend the rest of the day feeling fat all over again! LOL

I want a weekend with NOTHING to do... but I don't see it happening in my future... boo.

Height 5'5" HW 260 SW 251 CW 141.6 (2/27/18)

RNY 5-16-16 Pre-Op 9lbs, M1-18.5lbs, M2-18.1lbs, M3-14.8lbs, M4-10.4lbs, M5-9.2lbs, M6-7lbs, M7-6.2lbs, M8-8.8lbs,M9-7.8lbs, M10-1 lb, M11-.6lbs, M12-4.4lbs

RNY_elizabeth
on 9/6/16 9:39 am - TX
RNY on 10/06/15

I measured just now using the very accurate "cell phone charger cord from my desk drawer then straight ruler" method.  That seems to say my calves at the widest part are 15 1/2 inches now.  In the past I honestly have no idea. I wear such small shoe size that I never could even get the Lane Bryant ones.  Even in my size the wide calf boots were never wide enough. the ones I have found now that fit have an elastic panel in the them near the top and that gives them some room. 

As to trying on and not fitting, try to think of it like buying sneakers.  If every pair your tried on fit perfect life would wonderful.  Shoes are shoes and they are never 'one and done'.  Trying on many pairs of shoes before finding the right ones is what people of every weight and shape do. 

~E

Consultation weight: 265, Surgery date: 10/6/15, Goal: 150, Current weight: 129; 5'5, 46 years old

"I am basically food's creepy ex-girlfriend. I know we can't be together anymore but I just want to spend time hanging out" ~me, about why I love cooking so much post WLS

Insert Fitness
on 9/6/16 7:39 am

Love hearing how everyone spent the long weekend! Mine was a mixture of chores and family. 

Menu is still all opti. Surgery is only a couple of days away. Yikes! 

I had my first nsv of sorts. I usually walk the dog on my own. In the past, when my husband has tagged along, I struggled to keep pace with him. But I realized part way through our walk on the weekend, that I was always the one in front, setting the pace! Pretty cool!!

AngryViking
on 9/6/16 9:35 am, edited 9/6/16 2:49 am
RNY on 07/17/14

That is an absolute NSV!  Yay for you!

CurlyCass1977
on 9/6/16 7:43 am
RNY on 12/04/15 with

Happy Tuesday!

I have had a great morning so far! Hit the gym at 4 got in my coffee and quiet time at 5:30, kids all off to school and arrived at work 7:10. I noticed this morning that my coffee really makes my pouch feel full for like two hours. I can't eat my breakfast till later in the morning. Just thought that was interesting. So today is day two of my AMAW (C) I give myself a C- for yesterday because of 2oz of beer a cup of watermelon and a serving of Cheez-it's. Today is a new day and I am shooting for that A+.

B- 2oz Black Forest ham 1 hard boiled egg.

L- 2oz chicken (leftover kabobs) 2oz Tri-Tip (leftovers)

D- it is Taco night so hubby and I will enjoy some pork chops while the kiddos eat Tacos. Lol

S- beef Jerky and string cheese (if I get desperate)

Have a beautiful and safe day!! 

RNY 12-4-15 

HW 316

Consult Weight 308 8/15/15

Surgery Weight 289 12/4/15

Current Weight 220 9/10/16

NYMom222
on 9/6/16 7:58 am
RNY on 07/23/14

I love that your son still wanted to wear shorts, my son would wear shorts all winter if allowed when he was young.

I totally get the eating till it hurts I have done that a few times including this weekend.  I am still trying to figure out this maintenance thing and what agrees and disagrees with me, but having a lot of disagreeing with my pouch. Yet my weight is pretty stable so that is good. Once again a solid 165 this morning.  Added some fruits veggies and carbs this weekend because the #ProteinTillYouVomit Is getting old  but my pouch and the rest of my intestinal system seems to have disagreed and revolted to any changes. 

Love your lunch by the way it sounds delicious.

1: coffee with 1 cup Fairlife milk and miralax

2: protein pudding made with kefir - for the added probiotics 

out on road today for business and appointments so brought: beef jerky, trail mix, premier protein, water and will probably find a 7-11 for tea and hard boiled eggs

3:(depending when I roll through door and how many of the snacks I ate) 2 oz boars head Roast beef, 1oz ham

dinner: marinated skirt steak or meatloaf in IP, depending on how ambitious I am. ....  corn on cob

snack ???? 

Ex: Upper body/21 day fix -done

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

AngryViking
on 9/6/16 8:04 am
RNY on 07/17/14

I was actually surprised that he said he wanted to wear shorts.  They can wear the uniform shorts Sept./Oct. and May/June but I don't think he wore them more than a handful of times last year.  I'm just happy they still fit.  LOL  He's built like a brick ****house, but he sort of stretched out during the summer.  He's almost as tall as me!

Theduffman27
on 9/6/16 8:59 am
VSG on 11/19/14

Good morning/afternoon AV and menu crew. Happy Anniversary AV.

I had a great weekend, Saturday was our neighborhood golf tourney. My wife played for the first time. We had fun, I was awesome, best I have played in a long time and kept joking it was because I was trying to impress my wife! LOL

Hard to believe labor day is behind us.

Time since surgery 21 + months

B - protein Bar

S - Light and fit greek yogurt ( caramel apple pie)

L - 3 oz rib eye

S - Almonds and buddig 90 calorie pack.

D - Hawaiin chicken thighs - crock pot with crushed pineapple, soy sauce and garlic.

Exercise - I will hit 10,000 steps today, am taking the night off from the gym

Stay healthy my friends, Mike

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 448 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 51 replies · 371 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 316 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 213 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?