What's On Your Tuesday Menu, RNYers?

AngryViking
on 9/6/16 5:46 am, edited 9/6/16 6:16 am
RNY on 07/17/14

I am a hot mess this morning.  As you might know, I don't sleep that great and typically will wake up between 3 and 4 am.  So, when I was up this morning I was scrolling FB and one of my friends from back home had posted that her girls were starting school today.  I was like, "lemme make sure Michael has all his stuff in order for his first day".  Which I thought was Wednesday.  Except it is TODAY.  I was flipping out at 4am, trying to pack a lunch and make sure his uni was pressed and does he have clean socks and I can't find his belt and where the hell is his book report?!  I am so tired.  LOL  Michael was a trouper, though.  When I was barreling through his room at 5 am looking for clothes and I told him that school started today, he was like "OK, but I want to wear shorts."  Love that kid. 

OK, so how was everyone's weekend?  I worked my PT job at Clarks on Sat and Sun, which I kind of love.  It's very active and it's kind of nice to actually interact with people.  Plus, making extra cash isn't bad.  LOL  And Sunday was our 12th wedding anniversary and we went to dinner at this pretty cool place that overlooks Skaneateles Lake, 1820 House.  We had a table outside and got an awesome sunset view:

But beautiful vista aside, I was crazy at dinner.  The food was so good (chicken satay, farmhouse nachos, prime rib...) that I ate like a pre-op and I put myself in the hurt locker, for real.  I went to bed as soon as we got home and stayed there for 12 hours.  And the sad part is that I knew what I was doing when I was stuffing my face and I still couldn't stop.  Ugh.  Moving on. 

ETA:  HA!  I forgot my menu!

Time since surgery:  2+ years

B:  Sargento Balanced Break; gouda, peanuts and craisins

S:  pork rinds and smoked mussels

L:  hot Italian sausage patty with a slice of provolone

D:  baked chicken parm w/zoodles

TOTALS:  Cals:  882  Protein:  97  Carbs:  25  Fat:  44

Huh.  I am AV and approve this menu. 

chassibi
on 9/6/16 5:55 am

Haha Kristen, I love that you forgot it was the first day. I seriously fail at "momming" half the time. I forgot last day of school pics, which apparently is a FB thing now. Who can keep up?

My Haitian is back at school today although the school sent me an "attendance warning" letter on Saturday. I just freaking lit up their voicemails. He's not ever missed school since being in the U.S., and give him 5 days out with a surgeon's note and suddenly he's truant? Up theirs.

B- 3 oz ham & mustard, irish tea w/SF creamer

L- chili

D- not sure, will be out

S- greek yogurt (Aldi's brand--gross)

Totals- will be under 800 cals, protein is good.

Have a great day ya'll!

Consult Weight:276/Surgery Day Weight: 241.6 /Goal Weight: 150

melissasue1982
on 9/6/16 6:01 am
RNY on 04/06/15

HOW DARE YOU let your kid have emergency surgery!!    I mean seriously!

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

pammieanne
on 9/6/16 6:05 am - OK
RNY on 05/16/16

Up theirs, EXACTLY!! They sent that letter because it saves their precious (and I don't mean that in a snarky way, the pennies the states give our schools is precious) funding money.

All common sense has flown out the window these days with schools!

Hope your little Haitian is feeling better too!

Height 5'5" HW 260 SW 251 CW 141.6 (2/27/18)

RNY 5-16-16 Pre-Op 9lbs, M1-18.5lbs, M2-18.1lbs, M3-14.8lbs, M4-10.4lbs, M5-9.2lbs, M6-7lbs, M7-6.2lbs, M8-8.8lbs,M9-7.8lbs, M10-1 lb, M11-.6lbs, M12-4.4lbs

Queen JB
on 9/6/16 6:12 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Give 'em hell, Mama!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

karenp8
on 9/6/16 6:21 am - Brighton, IL

I was always a momma bear to,chassibi. The school administration hated Me! They would run when they saw me coming. Love this!

peachpie
on 9/6/16 6:29 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

I'm curious- is the "my Haitian" a term of endearment or something? I've seen you say it a few times and I don't get it. I akin it to being a gay person always being announced as the "gay" friend. Why not just identify by name?

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

chassibi
on 9/6/16 8:44 am

Sorry, I never thought about it that way. I lovingly call them my Haitians because to me it's an important point of pride for them that they are Haitian. I guess I need to be more careful....

Consult Weight:276/Surgery Day Weight: 241.6 /Goal Weight: 150

monkam
on 9/6/16 4:22 pm
RNY on 02/16/15

I do always smile at the  "Haitian Sensation" references.  It makes me recall photos -- your fam is gorgeous.  Can't believe they tried to throw the truancy flag!  boo!

Capogirl
on 9/6/16 10:36 am

That stinks, but I know it is standard procedure in our school system and if I'm not mistaken in the state of Massachusetts.  I can see why there is a need for this, too many kids skipping school, too many parents oblivious to it or not caring, but you know when it is your child who is not well enough to attend it is more hassle for the parent having to remember to get the notes from the doctor/hospital. 

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 445 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 51 replies · 364 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 277 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 405 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 208 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?