What's on your Labor Day menu RNY'ers

Nerdy_girl
on 9/5/16 11:14 am - MD

I love that your manager set it up for you to work together.  Too cute.

Hello All.  

Today we are having company, which is rare, so that should be fun.  Hubby is grilling - there will be lots of meat. He's grilling beef ribs, which are huge when you get them "on the rib" and not cut like short ribs.  He's also grilling chicken, and hot dogs -- the latter was a special request from my nephew.  So meat will be on the menu today.  I should be heading to the store to go get some salads or something to go with all the meat, but for some reason I can't seem to make myself leave the house this morning.  I slept until 10, which was awesome, but now I must get going and prepare for the people coming over.  :)

QOTD: I met my husband on Match.com... Not exactly an exciting story.  But on our first in-person date he was so nervous about what to wear that he decided to wear all one color so he didn't need to worry about whether his clothes matched -- so he was in all beige.  I tease him about it to this day because it was so cute.  Beige shirt, beige pants, shoes, jacket... You couldn't have chosen a more boring outfit if you tried. We've been married almost 5 years.

Time since surgery: 13 years

B: Protein coffee

Lunch: Leftover grilled chicken and broccoli from dinner yesterday

D: Barbecue food

Totals: It won't be a good day for totals. :p

HW: 417 | 2003 RNY: 138 loss | 2015 Revision SW: 279

Grim_Traveller
on 9/5/16 2:36 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

Good to see you, stranger!

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

yvonnef1964
on 9/5/16 11:29 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Hi menu gang,

I'm really tired today from  antibiotic regimen schedule. Dont have any plans today. I just goofed with my lunch with my antibiotic. Not supposed to have dairy and I had cheese within 2-3 hours of taking it. It was only 1 hour.

QOTD don't have husband or significant other. 

B egg whites ham and cheese omelet and string cheese. 

L spinach and feta chicken sausage and baby carrots.

D crack slaw

S oikos triple zero Greek yogurt salted caramel  and air popped popcorn

Everyone have a good day.

CJ On Orcas
on 9/5/16 1:52 pm
RNY on 09/09/16

What is crack slaw??? 

yvonnef1964
on 9/5/16 3:29 pm
VSG on 08/11/14

It's  a dish made with hamburger, coleslaw, onions, garlic,  soy sauce,sesame oil, red pepper flakes and splenda. 

G2GAWAY
on 9/5/16 12:36 pm
RNY on 05/16/15

The scale is fickle. I hope it stays in onederland for you. I have been bobbing around losing half my body weight. I can't seem to make it stick though, up and down one to two pounds. Grrr.  I remember Service Merchandise.  Didn't you order stuff and it came down on a conveyor belt?  I think we bought a set of TV trays there when we first got married.

Great QOTD.  I love reading all of the stories. I met my husband at the local junior college. We actually went to the same high school for four years and graduated in the same year, but never met or had a class together.  I ran into his friend in college (who I knew), and my husband thought I liked his friend. I thought he (my hubby) wanted to ask me out, but he was taking too long, so I bought tickets to a Warren Miller ski movie and invited him. We were married a year later. We will celebrate 33 years in November.  We maintained the tradition of attending the Warren Miller movie every year since and broke our streak of 34 in a row last year. They don't play in as many locations any more and it has gotten harder and harder to get to them geographically and time wise. 

It is 12:30 in Cali and I haven't eaten anything yet. Weird. I need to eat something. We are barbequing some steaks and lobster with my daughter and her boyfriend today. So we are just hanging out and going fancy for labor day (we have had the lobster hanging in the freezer for a while from a Costco road show and I am happy to cook it with all of us here so that it doesn't get freezer burn since we don't cook that kind of stuff normally).  Looking forward to it, especially since my daughter is doing the cooking!  

So nice to have a 3 day weekend, sorry you had to work. I should have, but said, nope, I will just work later on Tuesday and Wednesday to meet my deadlines.

Have a good day.

Cory

5'7" Starting Weight: 305

Current Weight: 145

AngryViking
on 9/6/16 5:57 am
RNY on 07/17/14

I'm crazy late to this party, but I wanted to answer the QOTD.  Matt and I met at this little dive bar called the Celtic Horse on May 23, 2002.  LOL  I was singing at an open mic night with my friend Helen and he dropped in.  He and Helen knew each other and introduced us and it was all downhill from there.  LOL  I kid.  He's my lobster. 

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 448 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 51 replies · 372 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 321 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 213 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 110 views
Recent Topics