What's on your Sunday menu, RNYers?

Kakesie
on 9/4/16 7:27 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Happy Sunday Everyone!

Today we are going to a museum that has glass-bottom boat rides!  I'm excited!  I hope we don't get rained out.

QOTD:  I once slept through tornado strength winds that downed a tree and broke my house windows like 15 feet away from where I was sleeping and I still slept through it!  I also was in two fires.  One in my crib when I was 18 months old and another that started inside our car a couple years ago which burned our car down to a metal skeleton!  My daughter and I were lucky enough to get out with only singed hair and fortunately the full tank of gas didn't explode!

Yesterday I followed my menu plan exactly and only ate one of my four listed snacks!  And NO protein bars!

Today's proposed menu is:

Breakfast:  2 eggs, scrambled with 3 strips bacon

Lunch:  meatloaf

Dinner:  cranberry bacon bleu salad from Culver's

Snack:  watermelon

Snack:  Moon cheese

Snack:  Oiko's Zero greek yogurt

Snack:  Sugar-free pudding w/ cool whip

Have a fantastic day everyone!

~ Karen  

catwoman7
on 9/4/16 7:27 am
RNY on 06/03/15

QOTD:  The only natural disaster we get in Wisconsin are occasional tornadoes.  I suppose flooding might be an issue for people near the Mississippi River, but I'm at least 90 minutes from there.  I didn't live through the blizzard of 78 even though I've spent most of my life living in the midwest (Ohio and Wisconsin) because I was living in North Carolina in the late 70s.  Whew.

15 months out

I haven't planned much out in the way of eating today (like i usually do) because this is shaping up to be one of those "go with the flow" days in all respects.   We were originally thinking of heading down to Chicago for the day, but that's not gonna happen now....we've been lollygagging around too much this morning.

B:  Greek yogurt with added protein powder, 7 strawberries

S:  coffee with half & half, probably a protein shake

L:   might be eating out somewhere - so probably soup, chili, or salad

D:  I'm thinking pulled pork and grilled vegetables

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

peachpie
on 9/4/16 7:34 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

Morning! I've been to the gym and just finished breakfast for the kids. While at the gym I got a while hair to clean out my car- so I did it right there in the parking lot. Now I think I'll hold off in showering  and tackle the bed of overgrown grass/weeds. no other plans for today.

Qotd: most memorable storm was hurricane Gloria when I was a kid. We lost power for days-- but my dad continued our tradition of Sunday Morning pancakes by cooking them on  the BBQ grill. It's one of me and my siblings fondest memories! Then I remember the blizzard/ ice storm if '96. It looked so pretty! We've never had major damage as a result of a storm thankfully. 

weight today 200.0

time since surgery: 16 months

m1: turkey burger w/ cheese

m2: yogurt

m3: roast chicken, salad

m4: ?? Only if necessary 

i need to make a point to drink today- yesterday I drank next to nothing (not my norm). 

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

NYMom222
on 9/4/16 3:57 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Oh how could I forget about Gloria!!!

And you are right on the cusp of Onderland! Hold strong!!

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

CathyV
on 9/4/16 8:22 am

IN Arkansas it's all about tornadoes. Though we did feel a bit of Oklahoma's earthquake yesterday. I lived in Florida as a teenager and remember working through Hurricane Andrew because our manager refuse to close the restaurant even though no one was there, because who goes through a drive thru during a hurricane??

Day 6 post op...feeling better today, but my family is driving me insane. I guess I'm still cranky. Or they are. Two shakes, water, broth and jello.

HW- 375

SW- 358

GW- 175

ttfan
on 9/4/16 8:30 am
RNY on 08/15/16

We have been through the same hurricane's that JB has been through, and most of the same blizzards, when I was a kid and lived in very rural western Maine we were snowed in for 13 days after a really bad blizzard, I can remember my sister and I jumping out of 2nd story windows into snow drifts...lol

Breakfast
Egg Beaters, 0.25 cup
1 oz Deli Ham, 1 oz
Kraft American Cheese Slices 2%, 1 Slice

Lunch
Solid White Albacore Tuna (2 Oz)
Bolthouse - Mango chipotle dressing, 2 Tbs
Chiboni - Nonfat Greek Plain Yogurt, 1 tablespoon

Dinner
Chicken Thighs 2 oz
Black Beans 1/4 Cup, 0.25 cup

Snacks
Premeir Nutrition - Protein Shake Chocolate, 5.5 oz
Fat Free Cottage Cheese, 0.25 cup

totals  calories 481  carbs 21  protein64

High weight 335,Surgery weight 293.5,

M1- 24.5 lb,. M2 14, M3-9.5, M4- 7.5, M5- 6.5

ttfan
on 9/4/16 8:30 am
RNY on 08/15/16

We have been through the same hurricane's that JB has been through, and most of the same blizzards, when I was a kid and lived in very rural western Maine we were snowed in for 13 days after a really bad blizzard, I can remember my sister and I jumping out of 2nd story windows into snow drifts...lol

Breakfast
Egg Beaters, 0.25 cup
1 oz Deli Ham, 1 oz
Kraft American Cheese Slices 2%, 1 Slice

Lunch
Solid White Albacore Tuna (2 Oz)
Bolthouse - Mango chipotle dressing, 2 Tbs
Chiboni - Nonfat Greek Plain Yogurt, 1 tablespoon

Dinner
Chicken Thighs 2 oz
Black Beans 1/4 Cup, 0.25 cup

Snacks
Premeir Nutrition - Protein Shake Chocolate, 5.5 oz
Fat Free Cottage Cheese, 0.25 cup

totals  calories 481  carbs 21  protein64

High weight 335,Surgery weight 293.5,

M1- 24.5 lb,. M2 14, M3-9.5, M4- 7.5, M5- 6.5

NYMom222
on 9/4/16 8:58 am
RNY on 07/23/14

QOTD:  had to work 4 shifts straight at the hospital during the blizzard of 78, so yeah I remember that one. I also had a blizzard I think two winters ago with 3+ feet of snow when we didn't see a snowplow for three days. Yes there's been various hurricanes over the years Sandy and Irene and I remember Belle back in the 70s ... 

Lazy morning, going off to church soon. I did get my upper body exercise in. Amazing how weak you get when you don't exercise for six weeks. And who would've thought this fat girl misses exercise????

1: 1 protein pancake, 3 small pieces bacon

2: coffee latte, fairlife milk, miralax

3: eggs, cheese

4: (at church) ½ bagel 'all the way' for NYers that means lox, cream cheese, red onion and tomato. 

5: Dijon maple chicken

6: Greek yogurt

Ex: 21-day-fix upper body

weight this AM: 165 in maintenance 

Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

Save

Save

Daffodilgirl
on 9/4/16 4:56 pm

How do you make your protein pancakes?

NYMom222
on 9/5/16 8:12 am
RNY on 07/23/14

In this case it was a commercial mix- Kodiak Brand- whole grain and all that good stuff. I buy at Target, although I heard some Costcos have the giant size. They have a protein version... and now I discovered a chocolate protein version. They consider 1/2 a cup of the mix a serving, you can just add water... but I added an egg and 1/2c whole fairlife(higher protein) milk. It makes 3 very large pancakes- thin because of the egg and milk ratio, but large. I figured each one has 100 calories and 10g protein... so a good ratio. If you used lower fat milk the calories would be down. and of course you will never be able to eat all 3.

I have also done a recipe that called for - 1 scoop vanilla protein powder, 1 egg and milk or water to get the right consistency. It also called for 1 TBSP Psylium husk, but since I don't have that I'm sure I didn't add it. Maybe could add flax. You just have to cook low and slow... this is one of the few recipes that agreed with my pouch. Obviously you could add cinnamon or vanilla too.

I find with the SF maple syrup... If I add one tablespoon of real maple syrup to the whole bottle, makes it taste so much better. 1 TBSP= 14g sugar, so you are maybe getting 1g per serving, but improves taste tremendously.

Save

Save

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 448 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 51 replies · 370 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 315 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 407 views