What's on Your (photo) Friday Menu, RNYers?

G2GAWAY
on 9/2/16 9:14 am
RNY on 05/16/15

QOTD:  Hi everyone.  I'm Cory and I am 53 years old, creeping up to senior citizen status and turning 54 next month, but hey there are discounts involved when I turn 55, and I feel better than ever so it's all good.  My husband and I will be married 33 years in November. We actually attended and graduated from the same high school in the same year, but never knew each other in high school.  I met him at the local junior college after I had moved away to Hawaii and returned home a year and a half later. We have 22 year old fraternal twin daughters (different as night and day in personalities and looks).  They both graduated from college last year and have landed full-time jobs and are self-supporting out on their own.  Yay!  I don't like that they don't live nearby, but we manage to see each other pretty frequently because they are both still in California.  We live in Norco, aka Horsetown USA, on a half-acre lot, but no longer have horses, just 2 cats, which is enough animals for me at this point in my life.  As my screen name implies, for all of us old AOL Instant Messenger users, I have Got to Go (or Get) Away.  I love to travel and go places.  I love to go to musicals and concerts, and basically any good live entertainment.  Even though I met my husband in college, I didn't finish college until many years later.  I worked in the private sector for years and had started back to college when my kids were in third grade, but I was fortunate enough to be able to stay home with my girls from fourth grade until they were juniors in high school and could drive themselves.  During that time I continued to go to school and got my Bachelor's and Master's in Public Administration. I am now a finance analyst for the County and am assigned to the hospital, so I spend a few days a week there and a couple of days a week at the County office.  It keeps things interesting and I really enjoy my job.

Menu:  Premier Protein, Shrimp for lunch, not sure about dinner as I am on my own because my husband is going on a hunting trip for dove season opening weekend and won't be home tonight. I will find something high protein to pick up.

I need crunchy thing ideas.  After avoiding the box of donuts in the office all day and not succumbing to their siren call, I fell hard into some pretzels last night.  Usually the chips and things my husband insists he needs in the house don't bother me, but pretzel sticks did me in last night.  What types of things (other than pork rinds) do you guys eat to get in the crunchy fix?  I have tried pork rinds and I don't like them.

Unbelievably, there is not a single meeting on my calendar today (well, there is a 15 minute huddle, but that is easy peasy).  So, I hope to get a lot of work done.  And then it is 3 days of pure bliss with nothing on the schedule, but puttering and doing whatever I want.  I already told my husband he is taking me out to Market Broiler one night.  I haven't been there in a long time and a nice piece of fish sounds good.  And my semi-local daughter just told us she might come home Sunday and stay until Monday, but it is still up in the air.  Have a great weekend everyone!

Here is a picture of me the week before my surgery.  It was the day before I had to go on my pre-op diet.  Here is a picture from a couple of weeks ago.  I only wish I had this surgery years ago.  

Cory

5'7" Starting Weight: 305

Current Weight: 145

supershopper
on 9/2/16 9:22 am

Hi Cory, a few things I've found

jicima- really good for tacos, calories are quite low

celery

if you like su****here is a product out called seaweed crisps- they come in sesame and wasabi flavored. they are really yummy to me

pork rinds

kay naturals chips (i have nacho cheese, parmesan)

make your own cheese chips? found the recipe on pintrest, ,haven't tried yet

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

G2GAWAY
on 9/5/16 1:22 pm
RNY on 05/16/15

Thanks for the ideas. I haven't had jicama in a long time. That might be a good addition. Sadly, I don't like sushi or pork rinds. I made cheese chips once before early on. I should do it again, they were good. I looked for Kay's in the store, but couldn't find them, I may have to do an Amazon order.

Thanks again.

Cory

Queen JB
on 9/2/16 10:00 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Great smile, before and after!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

NYMom222
on 9/2/16 10:23 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Love the pics, you look fabulous!!!

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Daffodilgirl
on 9/2/16 10:47 am

I don't know what the deal is with crunchy stuff today but my husband invited me to lunch at Mexican.  I caved! I ate chips! Why?!?!?!! So now I feel like poop! 

G2GAWAY
on 9/5/16 1:23 pm
RNY on 05/16/15

We used to go out for Mexican food every week. We had to give it up because those chips are so tempting!

Cory

Kakesie
on 9/2/16 12:57 pm
RNY on 02/19/16

Wow, Cory, look how far you've come!!!  You look absolutely AMAZING!  Way to go!!!   And yes, you do have a beautiful smile and so do your daughters!

G2GAWAY
on 9/5/16 1:23 pm
RNY on 05/16/15

Thank you!  I feel great!

Cory

Kakesie
on 9/2/16 12:59 pm
RNY on 02/19/16

Wow, Cory, look how far you've come!!!  You look absolutely AMAZING!  Way to go!!!   And yes, you do have a beautiful smile and so do your daughters!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 448 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 51 replies · 371 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 316 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 213 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 110 views
Recent Topics