What's on Your (photo) Friday Menu, RNYers?

Kakesie
on 9/2/16 7:40 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Hi Everyone!

On Sunday my daughter, one of her friends and I are going to a museum that is situated on a lake and they have Glass-Bottom boat rides!  That should be fun!  Besides that we don't have any special plans for the weekend.

QOTD:  My name is Karen.  I turned 60 in June.  I am probably the oldest one on this forum.  I am a single mom to my 22-year old daughter, Saralisa and have been for all of her life.  I am a big animal lover!  We have two dogs, Tippy, a rescued Chihuahua and Blossom a rescued Golden Retriever mix.  We also have two rescued pet pigeons.  I am an artist and sell figurines on eBay.  We live in Kearney, Nebraska just outside of town.  I love taking our two dogs on walks in our little subdivision!  I think you all have already seen this picture, but this is me with our two dogs.

Yesterday I did very well sticking to my proposed menu plan and the only change I made was trading the greek yogurt for some cole slaw.  NO Protein bars!

Today my plan is:

Breakfast:  2 eggs, scrambled w/ 3 strips bacon

Lunch:  lettuce salad w/ tomato, bacon & cheese, low-cal dressing

Dinner:  lean hamburger patty w/ swiss cheese

Snacks:  moon cheese, sugar-free pudding, watermelon & turkey sausage bites.

Protein:  77 gr.  Calories:  1183  Carbs: 35 gr.

(I may not eat all the snacks, but I'm trying to cut out protein bars so I listed several snacks instead.) 

Have a fantastic day everyone!

~ Karen  

Queen JB
on 9/2/16 7:45 am
RNY on 07/20/15

The glass bottom boat ride sounds amazing! I'd love to do that :)

How did the menu planning feel yesterday? 

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Kakesie
on 9/2/16 8:03 am
RNY on 02/19/16

It felt pretty good.  It was actually easier, once I had everything planned, I just looked at my menu and didn't have to figure out what to eat.  

I went on the glass bottom boat ride years ago and there were these huge catfish that followed the boat for food and you could see them underneath the boat and you could see the bottom of the lake and everything.  It was really fun!  I'm excited to take my daughter and her friend on it!

NYMom222
on 9/2/16 7:48 am
RNY on 07/23/14

No Protein Bars!!! Woop! Woop!

I always plan 6 meals/snacks... even if I don't eat them all.. figure it is better to plan and on those large pouch days, I am glad I did.

My only menu suggestions would be to add some chicken or something to lunch salad, not enough protein there, and if you are going to skip any snacks skip the SF pudding first. Comfort food yes, nutritional value? Low. We have small pouches and esp. in the beginning you can eat so little... what you are putting in there is important.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Kakesie
on 9/2/16 8:04 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Thanks, Cynthia!  Great suggestions!  

AngryViking
on 9/2/16 9:10 am
RNY on 07/17/14

You do NOT look 60. 

Kakesie
on 9/2/16 12:26 pm
RNY on 02/19/16

Aww, thanks, Kristen!  I sure don't FEEL that old, especially now that I have lost over 70 lbs.!  

monkam
on 9/3/16 7:51 am
RNY on 02/16/15

Reading way late but I thought the same thing -- No Way is Karen really 60! Have a great holiday weekend!

Kakesie
on 9/3/16 8:07 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Aww, thank you so much, Monkam!  You made my day!  

catwoman7
on 9/2/16 8:33 am, edited 9/2/16 1:42 am
RNY on 06/03/15

QOTD:  I'm in my late 50's, live in Wisconsin, and work at a university.  I've been married forever.  My husband was born & raised in NYC and has family in the Boston area, so I can relate to some of you East Coasters!  We have no kids, but we have a houseful of cats.  We used to do a lot of international traveling but haven't in a few years because it seems like we've had one terminally ill cat after another.  Fortunately, the ones we have now are all healthy, but our oldest is 17 years old.  I'm waiting for the next bomb to drop...   I enjoy genealogy, keeping up with current events, politics, and oddly, financial stuff. As in I follow the stock market, read all kinds of articles on personal finance, and have helped friends come up with budgets and saving/investment plans. I have three degrees in three completely different fields (one bachelor's, two master's) - my problem was I was always interested in pretty much everything!  I'm looking forward to retirement (hopefully within the next three or four years) so I can....you got it...audit classes!  And spend more time reading!

15 months out:

B:  Greek yogurt (pumpkin!) with one tablespoon granola

S:  protein shake, coffee w/ half & half.  Probably another Greek yogurt at some point

L:  1 C cottage cheese, 1/2 C mixed fresh fruit

D:  chicken/peach/pecan salad

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 450 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 374 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 357 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 213 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 110 views