What's On Your Tuesday Menu, RNYers?

Jo_Jo
on 8/30/16 10:03 am
RNY on 02/09/16

Hello everyone! I must have had a delayed reaction to AMAW C because I've lost another 2 pounds (total of 4 pounds) Yippee! 

That deep fried Oreo was not meant to be, I guess. I'm going to the CNE (Canadian National Exibition) tomorrow night. I will resist any deep fried sweets.

I hate to fly, but I love to travel. I fight my fear for 5 star Caribbean resorts or to visit my favourite person (little sis), in San Diego; otherwise, I avoid planes. I also get motion sickness & so anxious before boarding. I have a problem with small spaces that I can't escape. 

Todays food includes: protein coffee, cheese & grapes, shrimp & sauce, steak fajita (filling only), Apple, salami.

Cal 656, protein 81, carbs 29

4' 11" Female. Sw 238. Goal138. 

Ereiam
on 8/30/16 12:37 pm
RNY on 05/16/16

It's the small space that does me in too. I hate heights as well, but for some reason being 35,000 feet above the earth doesn't bother me. It's the claustrophobia that gets to me. But I'm like you,I will fight it to do the things I want to do. (Also, clonazepam taken one hour before the flight is a wonderful thing.)

SW: 270 CW: 181.4 GW: 165

RNY 5/16/16

BE NOT AFRAID JPII

stacyrg
on 8/30/16 11:37 am
VSG on 05/12/14

A very late post from me.  I had a dr. appt to deal with a shoulder issue i'm having.  My surgeon thought it might be caused by how I was placed in the OR, but no . . . just a return of my frozen shoulder from last year.  So, two cortisone injections later, I'm here to post.  I'm trying basically all meat today (although some edamame might find its way into my plan).  I'm still having really bad intestinal issues (i.e. gas that could clear a room) even when I take my lactaid like a good bariatric patient.  So, I'm going a day with no milk, cheese, yogurt, etc. to see if the dairy is the cause.  After my two injections, I want a latte though . . . there's so much wrong with that statement and the feeling that I deserve the latte after being jabbed twice . . . #formerfatgirlproblems

KQOTD:  I don't mind flying . . . not a fan of taking off but once in the air, I'm good.

Here's my plan:

B: 2 hard boiled eggs

L: 3.03 oz skirt steak 

D: Shrimp, watermelon 

S: chicken thigh meat, almonds

Totals: Cal. 786; Protein: 75g; Fat: 45g; Carbs: 12g

Emiepie
on 8/30/16 1:20 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Ouch, two shots?!?!? no good. Hope the non-dairy day helps you feel better.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

G2GAWAY
on 8/30/16 11:44 am
RNY on 05/16/15

I am stuck in a management retreat all day, which sounds lovely and peaceful, but it is on site at work and really just an all day meeting. I am sneaking and typing on my phone, which is strictly forbidden. I am a rebel.

QOTD: I love to travel and will fly anywhere anytime. I flew all the time while overweight, but it is much much easier now, that is for sure.  I have flown on helicopters without doors in Kauai and a 4 person plane that landed on a glacier in Alaska.

Yesterday's question made me realize that I have never been to out State Fair, but have gone to two local County Fairs many times. I will have to out that on my to do list.

B: Premier protein

L: unknown. They are serving us lunch. I will focus on protein and make it work.

D: shrimp skewers: cheese and crackers or a balances break 

Cory

5'7" Starting Weight: 305

Current Weight: 145

mschwab
on 8/30/16 11:50 am
RNY on 11/21/14

Morning everyone.  I woke up this morning and it was Fall!  WTF is that about?  It was dark and chilly out.  I am not ready for this, people!

This is a quick post because I have to get on the road to drive to a meeting at one of our facilities.  I haven't been able to post much lately because things have been super busy, but I do make sure to read everything in the evening.   I have never had a deep fried Oreo, and hope never to have a deep fried Oreo.  Sounds like the fat girl equivalent of kryptonite.

My tomatoes are coming in all at once.  I made a huge batch of tomato sauce yesterday and still have a ton left.  I think I will make salsa this evening.  I need more tomato ideas! 

QOTD:  I love to travel, so that means a lot of flying for me.  I used to hate it before RNY because of the general humiliation of airplane seats and seatbelts that wouldn't fasten.  Because that is not a problem any more, I just find the sitting boring, but don't mind it otherwise.  I have never been a nervous flier.  Probably because I have no control over the situation, and if I can't control it, I am not going to worry about it.

My menu is mostly up in the air.  I have a work lunch and then a date (!) after work, so I have no idea what most of the day will look like.

Time Since Surgery:  21 months

B:  Egg beaters, mozzarella and bacon omelette

S:  chicken breast and flank steak (4 oz total), cheese curds

L:  Unknown, but likely there will be some RNY friendly protein choices

D:  Unknown again.

Have a great day everyone!

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

supershopper
on 8/30/16 12:41 pm

best of luck with your date! maybe try pintrest for some ideas?

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

AngryViking
on 8/30/16 12:51 pm, edited 8/30/16 5:52 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Make sun-dried tomatoes!  Sun Dried Tomatoes

catwoman7
on 8/30/16 1:16 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

QOTD:   I *hate* landing, and I get antsy in flights that are over two hours long (those overseas ones are intolerable), but otherwise, I'm good!

15 months out:

B:  Greek yogurt, 1 T of some granola thing I got a sample of in the mail, 5 strawberries

S:  coffee with a little half & half, protein shake

L:  last of the leftover fajita (about 1 C):  2 oz pork, zucchini, bell pepper, tomatoes, mushrooms

D:  probably yet another Caprese salad.  I have tomatoes coming out of my ears...

Exercise:  45 minute TRX class

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 448 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 51 replies · 371 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 321 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 213 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 110 views