What's on Your (photo) Friday Menu, RNYers?

Teena D.
on 9/5/16 7:02 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

I haven't either! I've lived in the GTA since 1979. I thought this would be the year to go but nope. 

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

monkam
on 8/26/16 7:56 am
RNY on 02/16/15

quick drive-by and will read later. had 18mo surgery followup yesterday. NUT is super, loves OH, and thought AMAW & AMAW-C is funny and terrific "reset" tactic. She will be a presenter at the OH Conf -- Stephanie from St Lukes in Kansas City! 

QOTD: weekend plans include puttering in yards. I help out some older folks in the neighborhood who don't get out and do things. They let me play in their dirt, so I'll wander working in several yards.  could not have done it without huffing & puffing & much struggle 18mos ago.  I still sweat a lot, but it's all goodness.

B - 2 coffees - half chocolate premier protein

S - half Florentine chicken burger

L - albacore tuna can + champagne dressing + 8 cherry tomato

S - turkey pepperoni + cheese stick

D - oven roasted roast beef sliced + L&F pumpkin pie yogurt

Cal: 892  Protein: 126  Carb: 26 Fat: 32 Sugar:  16 

Have a great weekend.  AMAW-C has been full of fun & support.  THANKS!

Teena D.
on 8/26/16 8:08 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

That's great! The dietian I met the other day was very pro carbs.  Smile and nod, smile and nod. :)

monkam
on 8/26/16 8:58 am
RNY on 02/16/15

Yes some smile and nod.  But this one is about % -- pie chart on MFP and not calories. But she was interested to see phone. See AMAWC compared to last weeks ( not pretty those last few weeks - I log it - even the 6-8 mini Hershey bars - ) I really enjoyed talking with her and exercise physiol was great with some ideas to play some mental games with self to do more than daily steps. I definitely need some Tricks. 

AngryViking
on 8/26/16 8:33 am
RNY on 07/17/14

This is a nice looking menu! 

luvn2oxfrd
on 8/26/16 7:57 am

Good morning, AMAWers!

Is this is it? Is this the last day? I mean, I have every intention of continuing...I do not feel that I have yet to win the head hunger game, or the carb cravings, so I will be marching forward with my current course.

QOTD--Weekend plans: eeking out the last pool days with my kids!

Hypoglycemia--can anyone help? I had my annual appointment with my surgeon two weeks ago and when describing some of my symptoms, he thinks I may be experiencing reactive hypoglycemia. That was one of the driving forces to join AMAW. I need to get back to basics and really pinpoint what causes these reactions. I thought if I cut out all carbs, the episodes would go away too. Not so much. Wednesday evening I had a bad episode where I got an overall jittery feeling, as if my insides were vibrating, cold sweat, I felt hostile and agitated toward any little thing. I put this off to "carb detox". I ate dinner, went to bed and felt remarkably better the next morning. This morning, however, I was lying in bed after the alarm went off and I once again had the jittery, internal vibration. Showering and starting my day only caused me to break out in a cold sweat and feel vaguely nauseous. Clearly, this wouldn't be "reactive" hypoglycemia as I hadn't eaten anything yet!

Time since surgery: 3+ years

B: 3 oz. leftover steak

S: 2oz. summer sausage

L: 2oz. deli roast beef

S: 3oz. ****tail shrimp

D: 3oz. sirloin

S: pepperoni chips

Calories: 762

Carbs: 0!!!

Protein: 88

RNY May 2013

5'3" Highest Weight: 325lbs

Surgeon's Goal Weight: 140lbs * My Goal Weight: 170lbs * Current Weight: 279lbs

Motto: "You never fail until you stop trying." -Einstein

AngryViking
on 8/26/16 8:35 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Hmmm...I wish I could help.  I get the same jittery feeling sometimes, and I can't really identify what sets it off. 

Kakesie
on 8/26/16 10:30 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Sometimes when I get that feeling, I need to drink some more water.

catwoman7
on 8/26/16 8:04 am, edited 8/26/16 1:06 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I decided to try ramping up my protein at meals so I don't snack as much.  I eat healthy snacks - but I'd just like to break the habit (other than a protein shake or two - I have to average 100 grams of protein per day, or else my prealbumin and albumin levels tank).  I'm afraid daily snacking might take me down a road at some point I don't want to go down...

Today will be tricky because I'm having lunch with a friend (Mexican restaurant that unfortunately does not serve fajitas, my usual go-to at Mexican places), and we're going out for pizza to celebrate my sister's birthday tonight.  I'll eat one piece.  As for birthday cake, I'm not a big sweet person, so I usually punt it altogether or at most have one or two forkfuls.

15 months post-op.  Still losing but very slowly

B:  Greek yogurt with 10 grams of whey isolate protein powder mixed in, 10 raspberries, small piece of canteloupe

S:  coffee with a little half & half, protein shake

L:  probably (grilled) fish tacos or a tostada with refried beans & meat on top.  In either case, I'll eat the guts and punt the tortilla

S:  protein shake

D:  one piece of pizza (or I may scrape the toppings off and just eat those - in which case, I might be able to handle two).  Possibly a forkful of birthday cake

QOTD:   all I want to do is....not much.  Students are back in town, classes start the day after Labor Day, and things at work will really ramp up next week as we prepare for the academic year.  So things are about to get really crazy!!!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Teena D.
on 8/26/16 8:06 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

I'm sorry - No time to read all the awesome posts today- maybe later!  Last day before VACATION!!! WOOT WOOT! 10 days of no work- we will be leaving sometime after 10 p.m. tomorrow night- haven't decided if we want to drive through the night or leave early Sunday morning. We used to always drive through the night- stop at rest stops for naps (it's a 10 hour drive) but now that our kids are 11, 15 and 17 it's not necessary. The only reason we would now is that we are ALL SO EXCITED to get there - we are going to visit family in PA and we have a reunion next weekend at Bald Eagle State Park.  Back home on Sept 5 and the kids start back to school on the 6th.

Sad news- we used to have 2 bunnies, and both were getting old. When the oldes one died this past spring, we got 2 more bunnies.  The 2nd oldes one died this morning so we are sad because he was the sweetest of all of them. He was 8 years old, and we're glad that he died before vacation as we wouldn't want our friends that take care of them while we're away to deal with that.

AMAW-C has been AMAZING! I've lost 6 lbs as of this morning. 1 more day to go... hoping for at least another lb. I had serious carb cravings last night - feeling like I needed to eat something other than meat. Anyway, I had a yogurt and it seemed to do the trick.

Today, I'm trying to get all my stuff done before I go, so I was planning to have breakfast but haven't left my desk. I have ground chicken and salsa for lunch and cold cuts for a snack.

Have a great Friday and enjoy the weekend! 

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 457 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 375 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 364 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 214 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?