What's on Your (photo) Friday Menu, RNYers?

Daisydoo02
on 8/26/16 7:44 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

SUPER GREAT!! Love it, that's going to be my "saying" today!  

Happy Friday OH peeps!!! AV you have a super busy weekend! A new job? Waffles, god I miss waffles!! Meatloaf, god I love meatloaf, I might have to make some this weekend you are such an awesome Mama!!  AV in regards to the Miralax/bathroom issues, I swear to god if you cook up a pound of bacon and eat 4 slices a day like I did you will have no problems with the bathroom!!!!

I almost fell off the AMAW wagon last night! I was tired, had a headache, grumpy and I wanted POPCORN!  But I got up walked into the kitchen, opened up my bacon container stash and stood in front of the kitchen sink eating bacon!  Well sure enough it filled me up and the craving went away.  Its a win but I hate that my mind went right to the comfy carbs, you all know the kinds... chips, cookies, crackers, cereal, popcorn etc etc. SUPER GREAT!

QOTD: hubby and I are going out on Saturday night to this awesome steak place for dinner to celebrate our 16th year anniversary.  Our actual anniversary was August 15th but we have been so busy that we are celebrating on Saturday.  It will be filet mignon and lobster all the way... SUPER GREAT!  And then just the usual weekend errands, laundry, hike the dogs. OH and I will be going through all this weeks posts to pick an AMAW & AMAW-C King & Queen!! Got my work cut out for me you all have done SUPER GREAT (yup killing it cuz I love it)!!!

Time since surgery: 2 years + almost 10 months

B: can of tuna with Kraft Balsamic dressing (black Vanilla Hazelnut coffee with 1 splenda and Miralax)

L: 1.5 Marc Angelo Chicken sausage with red pepper & mozzarella with A1 sauce

S: 4 slices of bacon

D: 3 oz of grilled chicken with A1 sauce

S: 2 Vermont cracker black pepper pork sticks

Totals: 783 calories, 103 protein, 8 carbs, 40 fat

Vits done, calcium on alarms, taking dogs out later tonight after groceries for a hike

Daisy's AMAW musings: I am down another 1.6 pounds today for a total loss of 4.5 for the week.  Dense protein is just that "dense", it is so filling and I was not hungry, had no cravings.  I was a lot more thirsty and I drank a lot more so that is good for me as I struggle getting "tons" of liquids in.  With all the extra fat I am eating this week I actually didn't need Miralax, the fat took care of going to the bathroom, that was a welcome change/difference.  My husband did AMAW with me too, he dropped 3 lbs this week as well!  I think I could eat this way easy for breakfast, lunch and an afternoon snack but for dinner I want a veggie, I miss veggies.  I don't eat fruit, I could care less about fruit, but I do love veggies & salad.  It was very successful for me and I hope it was for you all too. I hope that those of you who needed a "reset" or to get off your XXXX (pick your food that you struggle with) that this proves you can for a week eat very high protein, lose a few pounds and have some fun with your fellow OHers.  

Thanks to everyone who took the time to post daily, put up pics daily and share your menu's and thoughts. It means a lot to me that we all support one another and AMAW just seems like a great fun way to collaborate as we all are here for the same reason. I luv ya all and thank you for having fun this week with me!!! 

PICS:  the first one is an FB memory that popped up today and for those of you who have a warped sense of humor like me should be dying laughing like I was after seeing this!  Second pic is dinner last night I grilled up salmon filets and chicken sausages, last pic is today's eats: tuna, chicken sausages, bacon and vermont pork sticks.  Dinner is at our fav diner tonight, having chicken!!

Stay tuned for Monday's post where I crown our AMAW & AMAW-C King & Queen!  Have an awesome weekend my friends! 

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

Theduffman27
on 8/26/16 7:48 am
VSG on 11/19/14

Happy Anniversary Daisy!

AngryViking
on 8/26/16 7:51 am
RNY on 07/17/14

I  Super Great Shark.  LOL  And that salmon looks divine.  drooling

Kakesie
on 8/26/16 7:58 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Happy Anniversary, Daisy & Hubby!!!  

Grim_Traveller
on 8/26/16 8:42 am
RNY on 08/21/12

I love that you have an emergency bacon stash.

Happy anniversary!

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Daisydoo02
on 8/26/16 9:03 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Don't we all have an emergency bacon stash,  s that not part of getting the WLS Secret Decoder Ring package  

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

AngryViking
on 8/26/16 12:07 pm
RNY on 07/17/14

Wait, what?  There's a decoder ring package?  Where's mine?! 

Teena D.
on 8/26/16 9:05 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

Happy Anniversary!!

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

Capogirl
on 8/26/16 9:28 am

Happy Anniversary Daisy & Arun!

Emiepie
on 8/26/16 10:11 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Happy Anniversary to you and Arun

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 459 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 376 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 371 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 214 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 111 views
Recent Topics