What's On Your Thursday Menu, RNYers?

Daffodilgirl
on 8/25/16 9:13 am

I mix a full dose with fruit punch crystal light every night. My surgeon has told me to continue  it for life. 

Capogirl
on 8/25/16 11:11 am

I take it at night with my tea, it dissolves better in a hot drink.

Ereiam
on 8/25/16 6:48 am
RNY on 05/16/16

Good morning everyone,

Yes, it's a good morning for me. For the last week, I have been in meetings and trainings all day long to get us ready for the school year. Hello??? I need to be in my classroom to get ready for the new year. So today and tomorrow I have all day in my classroom to get my act together. I should lock my door and turn out the lights, lol, but the principal would still have a key.

So AMAW... It's going well in one way, and not so much in another. I have zero appetite. Yesterday I ate 400 calories and only 45 grams of protein. That's not good. I think I still need a protein shake to get my numbers up, but the chocolate shake leads to a whole round of craving not so good stuff. Hmm. I guess I could get protein water, or flavorless protein. Anyway, I'm down 3 pounds. 

The not so good part is the constipation, good grief, the constipation. I think I partly don't have an appetite because I'm so backed up. I've taken stool softeners, Miralax and Ex-Lax. Finally something happened this morning. Big oopsy! (As my 3 yo son used to call it, and still does at 20.) 

Food for today:

B not so much

L turkey meatloaf

D chicken breast

S beef jerky

Calories 321 Carbs 12 Protein 56

SW: 270 CW: 181.4 GW: 165

RNY 5/16/16

BE NOT AFRAID JPII

Daisydoo02
on 8/25/16 7:05 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Sorry its not a good morning AV! Its gloomy skies here in Toronto as well, rained over night which is good for the gardens/lawns! And supposed to rain again tonight.  Its just still so damn hot & muggy here, its really tiring me out. Hot I LOVE, muggy humid I hate.

Don't despair my friend!  Get your liquids up!  I have noticed myself and few other posters comment we are more thirsty doing AMAW, so for me my liquids are great as its usually something I struggle with.

QOTD: I have no clue what the first album was I bought. I am want to say the Bee Gee's (Stayin Alive!), but it would have been an album my sister and I would have had to share. So I really don't remember if the Bee Gee's was my Mom's album and we just listened to it over and over?  I think my 1st purchase was probably Prince's "Purple Rain" album, I killed that, it was epic, RIP Prince!

Time since surgery: 2 year & almost 10 months

B: can of tuna with balsamic dressing ( & black vanilla hazelnut coffee with spenda & Miralax)

L: 2 small pork chops with A1 sauce

S: 4 slices of bacon

D: 4oz of grilled salmon filet with balsamic dressing

S: 2 mild Italian sausages with A1 sauce

Totals: 834 calories, 110 protein, 6 carbs!!!!!!!!!!! 50 fat

AV's additional QOTD: I use Miralax DAILY (Restoralax in Canada).  I have talked to a few doctors and surgeons at my work place and they all said its fine to use long term.  Now since I have been eating AMAW all week and my fat grams has been so much higher than usual going to the bathroom is not problem LOL

AMAW is going great for me, down .5 today for a total of 2.9 lbs since I started this. I am not hungry, no cravings and energy level is great.  I am drinking more and pooping more so its pretty much a win win win win all around LOL

Pics today are:  hubby is doing AMAW with  me (he's such a good guy eh?!) and I had made a new tray of cooked bacon and grilled up pork chops for dinner. So he says to me can I have a couple of slices of bacon to put on top of my pork chop, yes you can babes, yes you can!  And today's eats: top left is 4 slices of bacon for snack, top right is can of tuna for breakfast, bottom left is 2 sausages for snack and bottom right is 2 cut up pork chops for lunch, sorry the pic is sideways for some reason!.  Dinner tonight is going to be grilled salmon filet not in the pic.

How is AMAW & AMAW - C going my friends? ONE DAY LEFT before we name a Meat King & Queen of AMAW & AMAW-C.  This has been so fun and I am loving all your menus and pics and stories!  Thanks everyone for having fun, means a lot to me!

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

AngryViking
on 8/25/16 7:20 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Aww, the Canadian said "eh?".  LMAO  It's true!

Queen JB
on 8/25/16 7:30 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Hi! Reporting on on my AMAW-C week. I'm doing well! No heating, despite an office "bake off" yesterday and literally being handed a sticky bun as a "thank you" present from an office mate. 

My goal in this was to reduce carb cravings, not to lose weight, so I've kept calories on the high side this week. I'm down a pound, but still within my comfort range in maintenance. 

What's funny is how much easier it is to do it with you. I tried doing it on my own by myself last week and without your virtual support, I failed... Love you guys!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Queen JB
on 8/25/16 7:12 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Good morning! I'm off from work today, recovering from a medical procedure I had done this morning. Big thanks to Grim for driving me and taking care of me today! I'm not sure what it means for the menu... I ate Mr Cheese Os this morning, which I know aren't on plan, but I needed a quick grab and go snack for the car. Now I'm sipping on some Fit Frappe Mocha (hot) with decaf. Mr. G brought some meat, and I have some stuff here, but I'm not really up for planning a menu when I feel so yucky.

In other news, I went to my local support group last night and I talked you all up! They were surprised to hear that many of us are becoming "real life" friends. I hope they join us as regular posters on the boards (waves hi!).

QOTD: I'm pretty sure it was either Michael Jackson's Thriller or...wait for it...DeBarge! Rhythm of the Night, baby!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Emiepie
on 8/25/16 7:19 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Rest up today! Let Grim take good care of you, I know he will!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

AngryViking
on 8/25/16 7:21 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Yes, rest!  And I am LMAO at DeBarge!  That's a good tune, tho...

Daisydoo02
on 8/25/16 7:16 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

AV side note I PM'd you, read please 

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 460 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 376 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 371 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?