What's On Your Thursday Menu, RNYers?

luvn2oxfrd
on 8/25/16 7:59 am

Good morning, AMAWers!

Last night was a rough night for me. I felt lousy. Maybe the end of my carb detox? I was very jittery and on edge and I wanted to bite everyone's head off. I felt sluggish and fell asleep in the chair putting the baby to bed.   But the tides have turned today. I am feeling better! Not ravenous, not seeking food at every minute...thank God! This was also the first morning that I had no gastrointestinal distress. Imodium, as opposed to Miralax has been my friend. Not today!

Food is much the same. I really need to cook more. I was hoping the 6-7 things I cooked on Sunday would be enough. It isn't. I ran out of food for tomorrow. Cutting out the critter takes away a lot of filler foods for me (that is a good thing, I guess!) No eggs, no cheese, no yogurt...I need more inspiration for portable meat options.

Time since surgery - 3+ years

B: 2 slices Taylor pork roll

S: 2 oz. summer sausage

L: ½ cup beef taco meat

S: 2 links Cajun chicken sausage

D: 3 oz. sirloin steak

S: pepperoni chips

Calories: 989

Protein: 87

Carbs: 11

QOTD--Nelson, "After the Rain"...I thought they were "pretty" with their long platinum blonde hair ;) It was the first CD I ever bought and my friends were envious that I had a CD player while they were still using cassettes! Today my kids have no idea what a cassette or a CD is! "Wasn't everything streamed, mom?!"

Miralax--someone had a question about taking it daily. My son has been chronically constipated since birth. From three on, he has taken a capful of Miralax daily, per his pediatrician. That being said, Miralax has been known to induce insomnia. So if you can't sleep, stop the Miralax ;)

RNY May 2013

5'3" Highest Weight: 325lbs

Surgeon's Goal Weight: 140lbs * My Goal Weight: 170lbs * Current Weight: 279lbs

Motto: "You never fail until you stop trying." -Einstein

AngryViking
on 8/25/16 8:14 am
RNY on 07/17/14

OMG, seriously?  I had no idea.  I sleep like **** already.  Goddammit!

mamata2
on 8/25/16 8:19 am

Is it wrong that I giggled at "I sleep like ****" since you are talking about Miralax? 

AngryViking
on 8/25/16 8:52 am
RNY on 07/17/14

HA!  The struggle is real, yo.

stacyrg
on 8/25/16 9:32 am
VSG on 05/12/14

Metamucil . . . no insomnia and you definitely get the desired amounts . . . 

One word of advice if you decide to try it.  Get the name brand.  I bought the target brand thinking they would be the same . . . wrong.  Target is much grittier and feels like you're drinking orange flavored sand.  The actual metamucil is much finer, dissolves better and is easier to drink.  In this case I was penny wise and dollar foolish . . .

AngryViking
on 8/25/16 10:04 am
RNY on 07/17/14

OK, so then it's flavored?  I might try this when my 7 day bottle of Miralax runs dry.

stacyrg
on 8/25/16 10:08 am
VSG on 05/12/14

Yes.  Orange flavored.  The real Metamucil isn't as bad as the Target brand.  That stuff was nasty

Capogirl
on 8/25/16 11:30 am

I never knew that about Miralax.  I slept crappy before Miralax though. 

ladygodiva1228
on 8/25/16 8:24 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15

Morning all.  It was so nice out at 5:30 this morning when I was feeding animals. 

QOTD:  First vinyl I bought was The Rocky Horror Picture Show.  Loved the movie and the music.  Let's do the time warp again.  LOL

B: 2 scrambled eggs with mozz cheese and 2 slices of bacon   with a coffee and cream

L: 3 oz rib eye and 3 oz lobster

D: 3 oz filet mignon and 3 oz crab

S: maybe one cheese and chicken roll ups if I feel I need something else

Cals: 990 Carbs: 5  Fat: 63  Protein: 113

64oz of water in, vitamins on and 30 mins on the treadmill done.

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

NYMom222
on 8/26/16 11:16 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Back in the day... Worked evenings and my co-workers and I got off at 11:30 and quite a few Saturday midnights at the local theater  "Doing the time warp again" ... LOL 

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 457 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 375 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 364 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 214 views