What's on Your (photo) Friday Menu, RNYers?

Deanna798
on 8/19/16 6:55 am
RNY on 08/04/15

Good morning AV and my fellow losers.  I have them and I'm going to post them.  It's so funny that you post this QOTD.  Yesterday I got to take in my neighborhood and appreciate what I have.  I live in the suburbs, but I'm on the edge of a rural area.  If you drive south and west of my subdivision, its mostly farmland and cider mills.  If you drive straight east, you'll get suburbs and eventually Detroit proper. If you drive north you'll get small town suburbs.  I think my neighborhood is perfect.  I live in Ypsilanti Township.  The City of Ypsilanti, which is right next door, is a college town and home to Eastern Michigan University.  Just to the west of us is Ann Arbor, which is home to University of Michigan, which many will know is a huge college town.  I grew up closer to Detroit in a lower middle class area.  The area where I grew up and where I now live are very different.  I live about half a mile from Ford Lake, which is a manmade lake made by the Ford Motor Company back in the 1930's when they built a hydroelectric damn to power their Rawsonville Plant (which is right down the road from my house).  Here is some history, and here is more about my area.  Here is an actual video someone made of the whole trail around the park.  It's pretty nice.

Yesterday I took my kids to the township park North Bay Park about 4 miles from my house.  It is right at I-94 and Huron Street, and it was the first time I had ever been.  It is absolutely beautiful.  There is a large wooden walkway that connects some smaller islands.  The wildlife is amazing, I saw some cranes, geese, ducks and turtles like mad.  I felt like I had walked into another place in the world.  If any of you ever get to this area, I highly recommend a stop at this park.  It has a steep, wooded, switchback trail that leads down to the water, and I made the mistake of not taking the stroller with me.  My 2 year old was dead tired in the 85 degree weather and was done walking about halfway around the walkway, so I had to carry him up the trail to get out.  seriously, that was a lot of work, and I won't go back without my stroller next time.  

I wanted to post more pictures, but either there is something up with my wifi on my phone, or there is something going on with the site, and I can't get anything uploaded.  Here is one pic.  I love this park and want to live here.  I can't wait to see it in the fall.

as for my menu, it's kinda up in the air.  It hasn't started out well, as I've had 2 pieces of 35 calories toast with light butter and sugar free jelly.  Too many carbs, not enough protein.  I am going to the concert tonight and it looks like my hubby will be home midafternoon, so we should have time to get ready, get the kiddo to the sitter and have a decent dinner before the show.  I hereby vow to be good and eat protein forward.

Tomorrow we'll likely go school clothes shopping for my oldest son, and then on Sunday we're helping my brother and sister in law move, so I'm not sure if I'll be on here.  Just know that I will be shopping and preparing for AMAW-C next week, with a heavy lean toward meat.  I'm in for it!

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

melissasue1982
on 8/19/16 7:02 am
RNY on 04/06/15

That concert is going to be AWESOME!!  I hope you have an amazing time

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

karenp8
on 8/19/16 7:18 am - Brighton, IL

I'm so glad you're having time to discover and enjoy your neighborhood and making memories with your kids Too! They don't stay around long and those memories are so important to all of you. You look so relaxed and happy in your pictures now Too! Doing amazing,Deanna!

Kakesie
on 8/19/16 7:36 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Gorgeous picture, Deanna!  Cranes, ducks, geese & turtles!  Oh, how fun!

Ereiam
on 8/19/16 7:06 am
RNY on 05/16/16

Good morning everyone,

Qotd: I live in a small town in rural Colorado. A lot of people think of the Rockies when they think of Colorado, but when you think of me you can think of flat plains, sagebrush and cattle. I grew up in Denver and when I got married we lived in downtown Denver. It was the perfect place for single people or young couples. But with kids, not so much. When I had three young kids, they were playing in the front yard one day and a drunk guy passed out right where they were playing. Ack! Small town here I come and no regrets.

I tried to upload a photo of my chaotic classroom, but OH is not cooperating. I have lots to accomplish today, but of course am starting off my day with you menu peeps.

I have my three month follow up today. And of course I was up three pounds this morning. WTF? I'm leaving work at three and driving to the doctor. It's a two hour drive so I have a long day ahead of me. My food is a pretty good prediction at this point.

B Premier protein shake, coffee with cream

L turkey cheese rollups

D bunless cheeseburger from McDs

S beef jerky, string cheese, light and fit yogurt

Calories 754 Carbs 30 Protein 92

Have a lovely Friday!

SW: 270 CW: 181.4 GW: 165

RNY 5/16/16

BE NOT AFRAID JPII

pammieanne
on 8/19/16 2:43 pm - OK
RNY on 05/16/16

Check in and tell us how your appointment went!

Height 5'5" HW 260 SW 251 CW 141.6 (2/27/18)

RNY 5-16-16 Pre-Op 9lbs, M1-18.5lbs, M2-18.1lbs, M3-14.8lbs, M4-10.4lbs, M5-9.2lbs, M6-7lbs, M7-6.2lbs, M8-8.8lbs,M9-7.8lbs, M10-1 lb, M11-.6lbs, M12-4.4lbs

Teena D.
on 8/19/16 7:07 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

Good morning!

Yesterday was a terrible day for eating. I'm going to do much better next week as I'm going to plan better. ANd it's AMAW. :)

Today-  I had 1 egg, 2 strips of bacon and hash brown for breakfast.

Lunch is going to be from a nearby Portuguese restaurant- so rotisserie chicken, and salad with chick peas. I'm going to avoid the rice and potatoes.

Dinner- We are going to be at a mall so something from a food court.  I will definitely make a healthy choice.

I did day 4 of the 21 day fix yesterday! So a 4 day streak for me. Day 5 will be done tonight. It's called Cardio Fix and I hate it.... :)

QOTD:

I grew up in Scarborough  in a suburb area. We lived in an apartment building and there was a mall across the street, and there were several bigger malls within driving and public transit distance- including downtown Toronto- Eaton Centre was a fave place to go as a teen.

I moved east of the city 22 years ago and now live in a townhouse in a little town called Courtice. We are definitely in a subdivision, but our subdivision neighbours a farm (for now :( ) and the area east of us- between us and the next town is rural.  The nearest grocery store is 1 km away, but it's expensive so we only go there if we forgot something and that rarely happens as Charles- my hubby - works at the grocery store that is 5 kms (3 miles) away.

No pics for now as I'm on my work computerbut maybe later.

Have a great Friday everyone!

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

NYMom222
on 8/19/16 8:30 am
RNY on 07/23/14

I love 21-day-fix...it really changed my body over the months... My favorite is dirty thirty. That is even with modiifying the modifer sometimes...LOL. No full burpees for me!

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Teena D.
on 8/19/16 8:48 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

My favourite is Dirty Thirty as well! Followed by Pilates.  And I ALWAYS modify the modifier.  LOL

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

Grim_Traveller
on 8/19/16 7:19 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Morning AV. I've always been a suburb guy. I have two supermarkets I can walk to, and a third is a walk, but a bit longer.

Here is a pic of JB and I last weekend in Maine:

priscilla

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 456 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 374 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 363 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 213 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 110 views
Recent Topics