What's on Your (photo) Friday Menu, RNYers?

Nicole K.
on 8/19/16 9:05 am - Santa Monica, CA
RNY on 02/12/16

Happy Friday! QOTD: I live in Reno, Nevada and it sucks.  I relocated here for work from Portland, Oregon last year and have been miserable ever since.  I am HOPING they let me start working remotely and my plan is to move back to the Pacific Northwest at the beginning of the year.  Reno is everything you can imagine, but worse - a scuzzier, dirtier, low rent version of Las Vegas.  Maybe I just don't have a lot of love for it because I don't drink or gamble.  The only nice thing is Tahoe isn't too far away, and that's gorgeous.

I'm breaking down and going shopping this weekend for some new duds, not just for my trip, but because I desperately need them.  My clothes look ridiculous and I don't really want to see my friends I haven't seen for 4 years wearing my yoga pants.  Here's a dose of nerd for you, I play Pokemon Go and Reno is a wasteland for that, I'm already mapping out the hotspots in L.A. so I can catch some rare monsters I can't get here.  I'm almost 41, you guys. NEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRDDDDDD

B: Chicken salad

L: Yogurt

D: ? I took out chicken breasts, but....?  

The appetite is gone since my gallbladder surgery (along with 15 pounds) I almost wish I had another one to remove. I'm kidding.  Next week....AMAW, no critter, no milk, no Mary's Gone Crackers.  I have to go shopping for that too.  Have a great weekend! 

Nicole 

RNY on 2/12/2016 with Dr. Kent Sasse

First consultation weight: 309  Goal weight: 150

Kathy S.
on 8/19/16 9:20 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

HAPPY FRIDAY!        

I love an area where you can walk out your door and bike or hike, but still have a cute little down town to walk, shop and sit with a glass of wine at the end of the day.

It's been a GREAT week for me. I hit the gym every day and didn't talk myself out of going.  My eating has been spot on, we won't talk scale, we will talk how great it feels!  

Who would have thought something so simple would be such a motivation for me.  I wanted something visual to remind me to stay on track and see my progress. I started putting post its on the wall where I can see them all day while I work.  It has helped me so much as I see the days increase one by one. Did I read somewhere it takes 30 days to quit old habits/change your behavior?  We shall see.

Breakfast - I got busy with work and didn't eat, bad Kathy bad bad Kathy

Snack - cheese

Lunch - roasted chicken

Snack - protein drink

Dinner - OMG I have found my next favorite thing to eat.  Made a cauliflower mash with grilled chicken bratwurst 

Have a great weekend everyone

Daily Totals

• 8.6 (g)net carbs
  • 85.3 (g)protein
  • 46.7 (g)fat
  • 810calories
  • 6.9 (g)fiber

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Corrie33
on 8/19/16 9:51 am
RNY on 02/09/15

Happy Friday everyone!

I am geared up and ready for AMAW-C!  And I'm recruiting some non-OH friends and co-workers to do it with me, it will be fun to have co-challengers IRL.  

QOTD:  I live smack-dab in the middle of one of the largest cities in the USA.  Second largest (I think) in California.  I was raised by the beach and can't imagine living anywhere else (cawabunga, dude).  Although small town life does intrigue me - I would be lost there!  (And I'm a homebody when not working - go figure.)

For today's pic I fully intended on showing off the 8,000 pounds of meat in my freezer for AMAW... all neatly displayed with labels showing... but last night was hot and lazy, and I didn't have the energy to try to pull it all out of the freezer, take a picture, then go through a second nightmare of stuffing it all back in there.  It's stacked like Jenga sticks... I couldn't fit another slice of pepperoni in there now if I tried.  LOL

So, here's a pic at work this week... our air conditioner broke down (hopefully to be fixed this afternoon), and we were told to dress lightly, which was a treat.  

18+ months since RNY - Weight this morning - 137.6 (yay)

Quest Shake w/PB2

1 soft boiled egg w/2 turkey sausage links

1/2 fresh peach (so yummy)

L&F Cherry Yogurt

2 oz turkey with LC Cheese melted on top

2 oz Rotisserie Chicken

4 oz NY Pork Chop and Sliced Tomato

10 Almonds

7 pieces Moon Cheese

TOTAL:  44 carbs, 91 protein, 1080 cals

HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE!

GOAL REACHED! 170 lbs lost...

RNY: 2/9/15 (age 52), Ht-5'9" HW=304, SW=292, GW=155, LW=134, CW=147

Mo.1 -29lbs Mo.2 -18lbs Mo.3 -13lbs Mo.4 -11lbs Mo.5 - 14lbs Mo.6 - 10lbs Mo. 7 -11lbs Mo. 8 -9.4lbs

yvonnef1964
on 8/19/16 10:40 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Hi menu peeps,

I got 3 pairs of jeans in a size 12 this morning at kohl's. 

QOTD I  live in the city of Grand Rapids,  MI.  I can walk to the store in less than 5 minutes away from my apartment. It usual cost more there than going to aldis, meijers or Walmart which 1-2 miles away.

B egg whites ham and cheese omelet and string cheese 

L cottage cheese,  baby carrots  and banana 

D corned beef, cabbage and cooked baby carrots

S light and fit Greek yogurt with chia seeds and banana 

Have a good day

G2GAWAY
on 8/19/16 11:11 am
RNY on 05/16/15

I hate grocery shopping!  I try to get to Costco for the TP and paper towels when on coupon. It is much easier to shop less with both kids out of the house now. 

QOTD:  I live in Norco aka Horsetown USA.  The official slogan is "City Living in a Rural Atmosphere," so there you go. I am nestled right between two Targets, each less than 5 miles away from my house.  The population is around 27,000 and it is a horse community with very few sidewalks.  Most houses have a horsetrail in front of it (mine included).  We have a half acre, which is huge by So Cal standards.  We had horses for many years, but just like a boat, the happiest days are the day you get it and the day you get rid of it.  Horses are a lot of work. They have to eat twice a day and there is all of that horse manure shoveling.  I work in the "big" city of San Bernardino (and Colton), so I definitely see the full spectrum.

I managed to eat what I posted yesterday, so that was good.  I am leaving work in exactly one hour to go to Pageant of the Masters in Laguna Beach, which is an amazing experience.  So excited to be going again.  It doesn't actually start until 8:30 tonight, but there is the Sawdust Festival and other art things to see before, and we are having dinner at a nice restaurant.  So, dinner is up in the air, but will be seafood I am sure since it is the beach after all.  My (semi-local) daughter is coming home this weekend and bringing her new boyfriend for us to meet.  It has been a long time since she has dated anyone seriously enough for us to meet, so this is big. She has been anti-love and pooh poohed her sister's relationships in the past few years, so this is kind of funny karma.  We will surely harass her about it.  We have plans to get cars serviced tomorrow, go see the Jason Bourne movie, and have dinner together. 

My picture is the whole family at the Hollywood Bowl two weekends ago.  Have a great weekend everyone.

Cory

5'7" Starting Weight: 305

Current Weight: 145

melissasue1982
on 8/19/16 12:50 pm
RNY on 04/06/15

You are all so freaking adorable!!

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

G2GAWAY
on 8/19/16 12:56 pm
RNY on 05/16/15

Thanks. My husband and I have been married for nearly 33 years and our girls are almost 23 now. Although I loved raising my kids and being involved in everything, and I miss having them around every day, it is nice to be at this stage of our lives where we come together and hang out when we can.  We are all meeting in Vegas at the end of next month for a country concert weekend. Yeehaw.

Cory

5'7" Starting Weight: 305

Current Weight: 145

Teena D.
on 8/19/16 7:29 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

My phone won't let me add a pic. :( Anyway, I got home late, didn't do my workout this morning and really didn't feel it today. So my best friend encouraged me to just try to do half. It was the push I needed and I'm now done day 5. ? 

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 450 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 374 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 357 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 213 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?