What's on Your (photo) Friday Menu, RNYers?

Daisydoo02
on 8/19/16 8:32 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

HAPPY FRIDAY PEEPS!

How many of you lovely people are down for AMAW & AMAW-C next week? Its going to be awesome!!!

I am very particular about the whole paper towels, TP, dog food. I rotate when we buy that stuff as it can really add up if you get it all at once. So for example last weekend we got a big ass bag of dog food. Tonight groceries has TP on it and next week will be paper towels and soap, that kind of thing.

QOTD: I was born and raised in the country, and I loved it. We had 5 houses on our dead end street, the house beside us was a dairy farm. It was great, we played in the barn, jumped off bails of hay, good times. I currently live an hour Northwest of Toronto in the suburbs, you know the kind where you are surrounded by neighbours on all sides.  I love the burbs, but hubby and I would love to move and get a smaller house and bigger land. One day soon I hope.  I have everything within walking distance or a super short drive, multiple grocery stores, Starbucks, Gym, gas station, pharmacy.  Its pretty great.  I always say to hubby if I could pick up our house and move it to a nice big plot of land with a pool I would be happy!!

Time since surgery: 2 years and 9 months

B: coffee with miralax, can of solid white tuna over salad greens & balsamic dressing   

L: 3 oz of tandoori grilled chicken with hot sauce

S: two swiss babybel cheese

D: going to our fav Diner for Dinner - will have bacon and over hard eggs - yumm breakfast for dinner!

S: "Smart Pop" Movie Theatre Butter Popcorn - 1 cup - it is the boom and I just discovered it a few days ago

Totals: 946 calories, 94 protein, 26 carbs (damn you popcorn) 56 fat

Vits done, calcium on alarms.  

Photo Friday:  as you all know our NYMOM222 (Cynthia) has been recovering from plastic surgery & from an accident she had last week that created a setback in her recovery so last weekend on a whim I flew out on Friday to see her for the weekend.  Cynthia is so sweet, generous, funny, and pretty much an energizer bunny!  We had a blast chatting about everything under the Sun and there was a TARGET run and she took me to her local butcher (amazing) and she made us homemade cheeseburgers they were off the chain delish! It was so awesome to meet Cynthia in person, spend some quality time together and get to know each other. The weekend went by way too fast and I hope to do it again when she is fully recovered!  It was a truly wonderful weekend!!!

First pic is me and Cyndy at a local NY diner when I arrived on Friday.  Second pic is of Cyndy in front of the MEAT display at her butcher, that pic was really for GRIM and last is of my two favourite things: coffee & Cyndy's pool

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

NYMom222
on 8/19/16 8:43 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Sweet Memories...and it was Amazing to have you! 

I am using my stubborness and over achiever status  to good use and am determined to do my Operation Lay Low to the fullest of it's glory....LOL

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Capogirl
on 8/19/16 8:56 am

OK then, gonna try this for the third time today, don't know why every time I start to write something goes awry and I'm kicked out of OH,

I must get to the grocery store myself.  Hubby went shoppng, but never knows which yogurt to get, must go get yogurt and cottage cheese and yes more zucchini. 

QOTD:  I live in the suburbs, always have, just not the samie one.  Until I was 20 I lived in one, then moved to Arlington, MA just outside of Cambridge, then to Quincy, which is technically a city, but a suburb of Boston, then to the small town I live in now.

So it is  now 11:39 and I am waiting for dd to show me the report she must send in today for her AP Language class.  Nothing like waiting to the last minute.  Also want to do more shopping today since all she found yesterday was tops, no jeans or anything else.  I would like to get this done today, but not looking like it not going to happen.  School starts on the 31st and she never wears shorts to school, so she needs to find something soon. 

Also told me today not sure if she's going to play field hockey because she is worried about the amount of time it will take away from her schoolwork.  However, we will still have to go the athletic night meeting on Sunday in case she decides to play after all.  That's always a fund three hours long.  

She is taking two honors and one AP class this semester, I get while she is worried, practice is every day for two  hours and doesn't start until 2:30, school is out at 1:40.  That means she is hanging around outside at school for an hour trying to do homework then.  No study halls anymore because of funding and state uinversity requirements of 4 years of math, social studies, science and english.  Only one elective this semester and of course it's not the one she requested to have first, already wrote e-mail to the guidance counselor this morning.  I am glad though that she has the oppurtunity for the honors and AP classes, not all schools have the opportunity.

OK, off of my soapbox now.

Time since surgery;   16 months

B:  1 Egg, 1 slice whole wheat bread, decaf coffee w/creamer

L:  Mixed greens, turkey, cheese, homemade vinaigrette

D:  Mussels w/garlic and wine sauce (hubby is great at making dishes like this) zucchini noodles

S:  Muscle milk 100, Sargento balanced breaks - peanut, gouda and cranberry

Not on MYF yet, so no totals

snow_white
on 8/19/16 8:56 am
RNY on 11/11/14 with

Good morning, im late again wth its already almost lunch time.  this girl needs to get her mornings together for goodness sakes!!!!

QOTD: rural baby woot woot we only have 4 acres but are surrounded by farms but also can get to target quickly, 20 mins for me but ill take it!!

time since surgery 20 months 

B: spiced chai fit frappe (id die without this)

carbmaster vanilla milk

small slice of zucchini bread (i couldnt resist, im so weak)

S: monster muscle.  i dont love the carb count but my lupus has been making me so damn tired i need to have some better pick me up and it really does seem to help and its super filling

L: tuna creations, ranch

pork rinds

D: the rest of the spagetti squash with cheese and tomatoes

a bit of ground burger for protien

Calories 807 Carbs 48 protein 90

This is me this morning trying to run on the treadmill with a helper

Rny 11/11/14 HW 285 CW 130 GW 130

155 pounds gone forever

Nicole K.
on 8/19/16 9:11 am - Santa Monica, CA
RNY on 02/12/16

I love your baby! I'm totally going to be one of those crazy old parrot ladies.  My mom bred African Grays before she died, so I was raised with parrots.

I want a Hyacinth macaw but I don't think my apartment would go for that...LOL 

Nicole 

RNY on 2/12/2016 with Dr. Kent Sasse

First consultation weight: 309  Goal weight: 150

stacyrg
on 8/19/16 9:04 am
VSG on 05/12/14

Happy Friday.  I'm with you with needing to go shopping.  My refrigerator is stuffed, but not with any food I want to/can eat.  I need to sit down and make a plan!  Yesterday I fought with a craving for french fries . . . I lost.  I convinced a secretary and file clerk in my section that they desperately needed fries and we all split an order.  I was rewarded with a 2 lb (water) weight gain today . . . even after I took an amazingly hard class at the gym last night.  Will I ever learn?  Probably not.

KQOTD:  I live in the suburbs of Los Angeles.  There are 5 (count 'em 5) Targets within 5 miles of my house. . . and an amazing number of Starbucks and Coffee Beans.  my location provides me the best of all worlds.  I'm out of the hustle of "the city" (or the West Side as the natives call it), but I can be in the City, the beach or the mountains within 45 minutes . . . (native angelenos will tell you you can be anywhere in 45 minutes . . . discounting the neverending traffic headaches)

Here's my half baked plan for the day:

B: Sliced ham and a cheddar cheese stick

L: Sliced turkey, string cheese and edamame

D:  ????? but it's friday, so we'll probably go out.

S: Skinny caramel latte

Totals: without dinner 496; Protein: 63g; fat: 18g; carbs 29g (so far these aren't bad . . . carbs will end up higher than I like, but what can you do . . .)

Ereiam
on 8/19/16 11:59 am
RNY on 05/16/16

How's the *&%@#$ nausea?

SW: 270 CW: 181.4 GW: 165

RNY 5/16/16

BE NOT AFRAID JPII

stacyrg
on 8/19/16 12:22 pm
VSG on 05/12/14

It comes and goes.  It's much better since I've cut my volume waaaayyy back.  I try to stick to no more than 2 oz at any one time.  So even though I may log 2.72 oz of ham for breakfast, I only eat half, wait a bit and fini**** off.  I cleared this approach with my surgeon since I was worried about falling into a "grazing" pattern, but he said for the short term it was ok.  Thanks for asking!  How are you doing???

Ereiam
on 8/19/16 12:27 pm
RNY on 05/16/16

I'm glad the smaller amounts are helping. I have also cut way back and that has helped. It also seems like anything carby: fruit, protein bars, low carb wraps, make me sick so I'm sticking mostly to meat and eggs. Greek yogurt doesn't bother me, or cheese, but I'm a goner if I have milk. I'm learning as I go.

I had these little drink powder packs like Crystal Light, only they were called True Lemon. I loved them but I didn't have any when I was on my last trip and I had very little nausea. Yesterday I tried one again and the first drink made me sick and felt nauseous for a while afterward. It's weird and perplexing to figure out what my body wants.

SW: 270 CW: 181.4 GW: 165

RNY 5/16/16

BE NOT AFRAID JPII

stacyrg
on 8/19/16 12:35 pm
VSG on 05/12/14

I have the true lemon and they don't seem to make me sick.  Although I like the propel powder better.  Have you tried a lactaid pill before milk?  My surgeon is having me take a pill with all dairy and it seems to be helping.  This weekend will be interesting since it will be my first greek yogurt since it made me sick last weekend.  I'm hoping with the addition of the lactaid, it goes down . . . and stays down.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 450 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 374 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 357 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 213 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 110 views
Recent Topics