What's on Your (photo) Friday Menu, RNYers?

RNY_elizabeth
on 8/12/16 7:36 am - TX
RNY on 10/06/15

Happy Friday everyone! Yea!  Another week in the books.

Returning to work post surgery this week has been a bit rough.  I really want to be home napping and watching re-runs of Cosmos but I am glad I am able to be working, right?  Gratitude for having a job I love and a career should be a thing. Work smirk. 

QOTD: This weekend I am volunteering as a pretend bar tender at a fundraising event in Austin.  That should be fun and exhausting.  I am not now nor have I ever been a bar tender but really who cares?  It is all for charity and I figure I can wing it. The drinks are all free, provided by the event, and the tips are what go to the fundraiser.  I may jack up their free drink BUT I can chat them out of their tip money easy peasy. Especially once the attendees are drunk and I'm still sober. :) Also, Saturday my two teenagers are both moving out -- insert insane clingy mom crying emoji -- They are headed off to college. This is the second year for the 19 year old, first year for the 18 year old.  I think I might end up drinking all the alcohol at the free bar after all. I'm very proud of them both but it is bizarre to even think about having only one kid left at home.  ONE?  Only one kid? Gah!

PHOTO Friday!  Here is me today.  I went and took bathroom selfies just for you guys today.  I am wearing what I fondly refer to as my "Captain Kangaroo" jacket (10 bucks from a secondhand shop). Also, just for the shoe lovers out there who have worried about my profound lack of shoes, I did in fact get THREE new pairs. These black flats, a pair of pewter flats, and (drum roll) knee high black dress boots.  Too hot to wear the boots yet but darn it they were on clearance for 17.50 AND I have never been able to zip a pair of knee high boots ever before. They simply had to come home with me. 

New flats

Captain Kangaroo got nothin' on me

Menu:

Still haven't been to the grocery store.  No plan for dinner yet. Greek yogurts for both breakfast and lunch.  Hoping to get menus planned for next week. Wish me luck.

Have a wonderful weekend friends!

~Elizabeth

Consultation weight: 265, Surgery date: 10/6/15, Goal: 150, Current weight: 129; 5'5, 46 years old

"I am basically food's creepy ex-girlfriend. I know we can't be together anymore but I just want to spend time hanging out" ~me, about why I love cooking so much post WLS

Capogirl
on 8/12/16 7:55 am

Love the "Captain Kangaroo" jacket. 

Deanna798
on 8/12/16 7:55 am
RNY on 08/04/15

I love your Captain Kangaroo jacket!  You are so stylish.  

Have fun at the fundraising event, I'm sure you'll make a ton of money for your charity.

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

pammieanne
on 8/12/16 8:22 am - OK
RNY on 05/16/16

Look at you!! THREE new pairs of shoes! I'm proud of you! And those little black flats are adorable (and your legs look great )

Captain Kangaroo!!! OMG, you're so funny - and right! But it's cute on you!

Hey, we'll be down in Dallas Aug 29-31st... Hubs has his appointment scheduled! Ack! Message me any pointers you might have! He's excited, and I am too, but I'm also nervous as heck! We get back into town ****) at 11:20 on the 28th from our trip to Key West. Wake up the next morning and drive down to Dallas... talk about timing.

I'm glad you're feeling better and back at work! 

Height 5'5" HW 260 SW 251 CW 141.6 (2/27/18)

RNY 5-16-16 Pre-Op 9lbs, M1-18.5lbs, M2-18.1lbs, M3-14.8lbs, M4-10.4lbs, M5-9.2lbs, M6-7lbs, M7-6.2lbs, M8-8.8lbs,M9-7.8lbs, M10-1 lb, M11-.6lbs, M12-4.4lbs

Emiepie
on 8/12/16 9:01 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Love the outfit, totally adorable. Good luck at the charity event-I am sure you'll get tons in tips. Sending hugs for you mama-I can't even think about when I get to that step as I am so anxious about 7th grade!!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

karenp8
on 8/12/16 2:38 pm - Brighton, IL

Love your whole outfit,E. It goes great together. I know what you mean about the boots too. When I got thin I got lots and lots of boots. Flat heeled boots,high heeled boots,brown and black and a pair of short boots in  each color too. You'll enjoy and rock them soon for sure!

Teena D.
on 8/13/16 4:57 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

I'm not quite there yet. My oldest starts his last year of high school in September and plans to go to the local college so I think I'm ok for a couple more years. DD has 3 years left but I don't think she will stay home. And the youngest is starting grade 7 so awhile yet for him too. But I do feel your pain! ((Hugs)). Great shoes and jacket. ? 

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

Grim_Traveller
on 8/12/16 8:30 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Morning gang. Sorry I'm late. I haven't posted food lately. You'd all be bored to tears. I've had cheeseburgers for 6 meals in a row now. And it's so frikken hot and humid, I've even avoided cooking outside on the grill, opting for a frying pan on the stove instead.

Ribeyes and Diet Pepsi on sale this week!

Another busy weekend for JB and I. We're going to a play up on the Maine coast tomorrow -- Priscilla, Queen of the Desert. And a local fair on Sunday, if the weather holds.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

G2GAWAY
on 8/12/16 10:10 am
RNY on 05/16/15

That is a funny play. Enjoy!

Cory

5'7" Starting Weight: 305

Current Weight: 145

yvonnef1964
on 8/12/16 9:33 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Hi menu peeps,

Today and tomorrow going to the music festival. Sunday going to church and my brother is bringing me home sometime.

B eggs, ham, and shredded cheese

L taco

D chicken salad

I'll have a snack later

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 459 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 376 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 371 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?