What's On Your Monday Menu, RNYers?

AngryViking
on 8/8/16 10:41 am
RNY on 07/17/14

I can bring you some cappings next month if you'd like. 

Deanna798
on 8/8/16 6:21 am
RNY on 08/04/15

ACK! I forgot the QOTD.  So, if I had to choose what my favorite exercise is, I would have to say weights.  I hate cardio, I only do it because I know I should, but I love the feeling of lifting weights.  I love how strong it makes me feel afterwards.   I enjoy walking, but I've realized I don't enjoy running much.  I think it's got to do with my breathing.  I get out of breath really fast when I run and I've tried to regulate my breathing with different techniques and haven't been successful, so I just decided I don't like it, lol.

I'm going to talk to my doctor to see if I have a mild case of asthma, since that's what it feels like when I run.

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

life_mirrors_art
on 8/8/16 6:27 am - Canada

Good morning! Enjoyed a weekend with perfect summer weather - left the windows and drapes open day and night for the whole weekend instead of closing everything tightly to keep out the heat. Living just feels better with fresh air!

QOTD: my main exercise is walking with or without the dogs, with a treadmill backup for inclement weather (the dogs get shorter walks those days). I have a recumbent bike for days when my knees hurt too much for walking, but outdoor walking is by far my favorite exercise. I used to love tai chi, and am thinking about getting a DVD to follow along at home.

B: skinless chicken thigh and cheese stick

L: ham and tiny tomatoes from the garden

D: ham with sweet potato

S: zuchinni, chicken nibblers, granny smith apple

Grape-sized tomatoes and swiss chard have been gracing my table for a few weeks now, and yesterday I harvested my first zuchinni and the first (possibly only) red bell pepper. I love my tiny deck garden! :)

RNY on June 23, 2014  -  HW: 280, SW: 230, CW: 166, GW: 140

Emiepie
on 8/8/16 6:27 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! So glad I had planned to work from home for 1/2 day today so I can wash my sheets and duvet cover. Last night after Ruppert and I went to bed he woke me up about two hours later. Poor guy was having a seizure (he is epileptic and it had been just under a year since his last one). He tends to pee when he is having a seizure, luckily we keep a waterproof mattress cover on our bed so I will just get a replacement for that later today.  He is fine this morning although I can tell he is sore but running begging for Daddy's breakfast. 

So this afternoon I take Em to get all of her junior high stuff...class schedule, books, ID, and the dreaded gym clothes/sweats. Can't believe summer is almost gone and that she will be a big 7th grader in a few short days!

QOTD: It's so weird to say it for some reason, but I think I can officially say I love to run :)

Time since surgery: 23 months

B: SF latte, Bananas and cream protein shake with powdered PB2 with chocolate

L: Albacore tuna, ½ boiled egg, shredded cheddar cheese on top of lettuce with avocado cilantro dressing, and some baby carrots

S: SF latte, Toasted coconut vanilla L&F Greek yogurt, pork rinds and jerky

D: Jalapeno and Monterey jack cheese chicken sausage, FF cottage chhese and SF jello

E: 110 mins stepper this morning

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1121 Protein:138 Carbs:60 Fat:35

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

The Salty Hag
on 8/8/16 6:46 am
RNY on 05/20/13

I so admire you and the other runners here. You all seem so passionate about it, and I think that's so freaking cool! 

I wish I could run. I think I'd enjoy that feeling of freedom.  I can't run due to a really messed up right knee, ( like shifted bones and bone-on-bone arthritis messed up ) but I can do a messed up shuffle/fast walk if I have to...haha. I look like a zombie trying to run. Sadly, I can only manage my weird zombie-like "runnfle" for a few minutes before my knee says "NOPE!" 

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

Emiepie
on 8/8/16 6:54 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I still have a rough time identifying myself as a "runner" I don't know why. I love that I just let my mind wander and zone out when I am running.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

melissasue1982
on 8/8/16 7:32 am
RNY on 04/06/15

Awww poor puppy

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

stacyrg
on 8/8/16 9:33 am
VSG on 05/12/14

Poor Ruppert.  Hope he recovers quickly!

Emiepie
on 8/8/16 10:14 am
RNY on 08/11/14

He's just snoozing all comfy on the couch :)

IamevilHomer
on 8/8/16 6:27 am
VSG on 06/01/16

Happy Monday all,

I'm running a little late since I stayed up until after Midnigh****ching the women's gymnastics. Good thing I don't work on Mondays right now. My kids are at the in-laws for the next 3 days so I'm thinking of ways to keep busy today. I might treat myself to a pedicure :)

Qotd- I am also far to sedentary. I have an elliptical in the basement but boy do I hate getting on it. It would be better off in my bedroom where at least I could use it for a clothes hanger!

Time since surgery 3 months 

B- 2 eggs scrambled with 2tsp Costco real bacon bits

Coffee with Splenda and cashew milk

L- 2 oz deli style Turkey, 1 slice pepper jack, some homemade pickles

S- Dannon light&if it Greek yogurt toasted coconut

D- grilled shrimp skewers, frozen cauliflower 

s- Premier Protein

Cals 762 protein 97 carbs 24

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 448 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?