What's on your Saturday Menu, RNYers?

Queen JB
on 8/6/16 4:16 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Good Morning! It's by birthday weekend, everyone! Woot! In mere hours I will be moving to my "mid" forties. Well, 42, to be exact. Frankly, I am cool with it. The way I see it, my 20s were superior to my teens, my 30's were better than my 20's, and I am already having a lovely time in my 40's. So I really can't think of a reason to mourn my youth (other than the growing collection of wrinkles...but who cares, right?)!

QOTD: What has been your favorite birthday celebration? When I turned 22 my roommate and I had an awesome house party in our first apartment--80s themed! I remember having the best time with a million friends, dancing to Madonna, and dressing up in some serious fluorescents! 

My menu is going to reflect a fun weekend for a girl in maintenance, so newbies--don't follow my lead here! Today Grim and I are going to have High Tea (his first!) in a mansion down in Newport RI. If you have never been to High Tea, let me tell you--the calories don't come cheaply! But I plan to indulge in as many Tea Sandwiches and petite deserts my little pouch will fit! I am skipping breakfast in anticipation, and I am not sure what will happen for dinner. We are going to a Polo match after that (USA vs. France)! We'll see if either of us are hungry at that point.

But in other maintenance news, I am really trying to ramp back up the exercise. I am back to running every day--no excuses! And I am alternating between longer runs and shorter sprints. It feels good. Please remind me that it feels good, if I start to complain and give reasons to skip it! You all have permission to be my nags :)

Ok, I hope you all have as wonderful a day as I am going to have! Pics to come tomorrow of High Tea and Polo. Grim and I have very saucy hats, people! Stay tuned!!!!! 

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Deanna798
on 8/6/16 5:38 am
RNY on 08/04/15

Mornng JB!  Happy Birthday weekend!  I am oh so jealous of your High Tea.  I bet it's going to be super fancy.  and Polo?  I swear, you guys are super fancy!  I hope you have the best weekend.  And now that you know the answer (42) to the ultimate question, you're going to have a great year.  Just don't forget your towel, hitchhiking can be dangerous without a towel.  (sorry, I just couldn't help myself).

My weekend is just kinda here.  No big plans today, just housework and hanging with my hubby and kids.  My uncle, who I visited in North Carolina, is in town and is staying at my moms house.  We'll be going over there tomorrow to have an impromptu family get together.  

1 year since surgery

B: protein pancakes (I only ate 3/4 of my portion and found out exactly how large my pouch was, holy crap I hate that feeling). Luckily it didn't last long, but I really hate the feeling when you take one bite too many and are stuffed.  I sneezed like 6 times.  Yuck.

L: Tuna salad on 1/2 a flat out wrap

D: Grilled chicken and sauteed zucchini

S: ham and cheese roll ups.  Popcorn with butter and a Quest protein shake made with almond milk

totals

calories 924 protein 100 carbs 69 fat 32

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

chassibi
on 8/6/16 5:49 am

Good morning JB and friends. It sounds like you've got a fabulous weekend planned--have a ton of fun! 

Qotd: I honestly don't know. Since I've been an adult I can't think of any really memorable birthdays. As a kid I had a slumber party for my 12th birthday that I remember fondly. 

B- Irish tea with SF creamer and cheddar cheese stick

L- chick fila grilled nuggets

D- diced chicken, cojita, salsa, avocado, Greek yogurt

S- protein shake

cals and protein are good, have a great day everyone! 

Consult Weight:276/Surgery Day Weight: 241.6 /Goal Weight: 150

Ereiam
on 8/6/16 6:35 am
RNY on 05/16/16

Good morning,

This is a quick drive by because I'm headed out the door in 30 minutes for the first leg of our drive to Ontario. Meeting up with Kakesie around noon at Subway. Woot, woot!

Qotd: my husband proposed to me at a very romantic dinner on my 27th birthday. Also, now that my girls are teenagers they work hard to give me special birthdays.

Food: I'm drinking a Muscle Milk now and will have a subway salad for lunch. Other than that I don't know because my pouch is so unhappy right now. Blech. Stupid nausea.

Look for meetup pictures on Monday.

SW: 270 CW: 181.4 GW: 165

RNY 5/16/16

BE NOT AFRAID JPII

Deanna798
on 8/6/16 7:53 am
RNY on 08/04/15

Where are you crossing into Canada?  I'm in the Detroit area if you're going to be passing through here at some point.  

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

Kakesie
on 8/6/16 6:35 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Have a FANTASTIC Birthday weekend, Julia!!!  You're awesome and you deserve to have the BEST time!!!   

peachpie
on 8/6/16 6:40 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

Happy Birthday JB!! You wear your years beautifully! Have fun at high tea! 

Today is our last full day here and we are going to Key Largo to snorkel. 

QOTD: my most memorable b-day celebration was my sweet 16. My mom through a surprise party, even hired security to make sure the  uninvited didn't invite themselves. It was a great time. 

Time since surgery: 15+ months 

weight today: 200# even. (using the hotel scale-- hoping mine will be consistent when I get home...) sooooi close to onderland!!!!!

m1: protein shake

m2-4: who knows!

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

Kakesie
on 8/6/16 6:44 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Happy Saturday Everyone and Happy Birthday, JB!

Ereiam (Amy) and I are meeting up at around noon today and I can hardly wait to see her!!!    Pictures will be posted on Monday's menu board and maybe sooner if I just can't wait!

QOTD:  When I was 14 or 15 years old we moved to a house near a lake and my birthday present was a canoe! (with the understanding that I share it with the whole family).  I had a birthday party with several of my friends and we went canoeing in the lake.  It was a lot of fun, even though it was windy and the water was pretty choppy.

What I ate yesterday was:  a Clif protein bar, a hot dog, sugar-free pudding, moon cheese, pizza toppings and a Clif protein bar.

Have a fantastic weekend everyone!

~ Karen   

NYMom222
on 8/6/16 7:23 am
RNY on 07/23/14

High Tea? Sounds fun and Polo? Fancy Pants birthday.... You deserve it...

As you know I am recovering from surgery and bonus ER visit.... so...

So my goal for the weekend is eating enough food so I stop losing weight...(Weird,, huh?) and progress to being able to sit.

If I had a Victorian fainting couch and someone to bring me tea, I could be as fancy as JB and Grim :)....

QOTD: For my 50th Birthday I threw myself my own bash. Love me a good party and didn't have a husband who was going to do it, and my college age son wasn't going to... SO WHeeeee 100+ people in my backyard....

Things I will eat today in no particular order that in no way reflects a normal menu:

Already had: grapenuts made as hot cereal with milk and protein powder

Leftover rib-eye, rice

Yogurt with PB and j

Protein Bars

Nuts-pecans

I broke down and did MY Fitness Pal to make sure I was getting enough protein post surgery. I had 175g protein yesterday 1800 calories and still losing weight from post surgical intestinal troubles...oy.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

monkam
on 8/6/16 8:33 am
RNY on 02/16/15

Happy Birthday JB! Enjoy your special fancy day and birthday weekend! Can't wait to see saucy hats! Thanks for all you do here, btw. Have a fantastic birthday!  Monica. 

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 446 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 51 replies · 364 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 278 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 405 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 208 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?