What's On Your Thursday Menu, RNYers?

Theduffman27
on 8/4/16 9:39 am
VSG on 11/19/14

Wowzers, I just commented on your docs Facebook page( got on my phone), I will state the obvious and tell you how wonderful you look. I will say your smile is glowing in the after picture and to me that is what tells it all. You are healthier and happier. Congrats and Thank you for being an inspiration!

Emiepie
on 8/4/16 10:31 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Glad you're feeling better.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

pammieanne
on 8/4/16 8:05 am - OK
RNY on 05/16/16

Glad you're sleeping! I'm such a sleep ***** that if I can't sleep at least 7+ hours, after a couple of days I'm not nice to be around! I prefer 9 hours actually! Ha!

QOTD: I am a button pusher on the radio... I sing out loud whether someone is in the car with me or not. I really have to pay attention when I'm out with a client in the car though, because sometimes I just can't help myself! I like  a lot of music, but I think I'm more of a pop girl. I confess to even liking a couple of Bieber's newest songs... judge me not! Other genra... Nickelback, Maroon 5, and some of the head banging stuff my daughter plays in the car (Please don't as me who, but I know one of them is Five Finger Death Punch! LOL)

So as I approach onederland, I'm having kind of an inside battle with myself. I mean, I'm thrilled to be leaving the 200's, don't get me wrong... but I think all along, the first 'real' goal, for me, is 179. I had lost a bunch of weight about 8 years ago, getting down to that golden number. I knew then I still needed to lose more, but life got in the way, and as we all know, life comes filled with things like chips and bread! So I am trying to get myself worked up about hitting 199- in the next week or so... I mean, it's a huge number change and all, but I don't think I'll truly start feeling any real kind of accomplishment until I see 179. Do we ever truly get happy with all of this?? Ugh. I guess I like to beat myself up to this day for gaining all of that weight (plus a bunch) 7 years ago... 

Anywho! I also seem to be turning a corner with food. I've found a new love for Hormel Chili (no beans), and last night I successfully ate stir fried shrimp, and the tops off of two little pieces of broccolli! No food stuck! Yay!

Weight this AM: 203.2

B: Premier Protein Shake

L: Hormel chili!

S: 10 cashews

D: Hmmm... maybe leftover shrimp, or leftover meatload in mushroom gravy... not sure  yet.

Height 5'5" HW 260 SW 251 CW 141.6 (2/27/18)

RNY 5-16-16 Pre-Op 9lbs, M1-18.5lbs, M2-18.1lbs, M3-14.8lbs, M4-10.4lbs, M5-9.2lbs, M6-7lbs, M7-6.2lbs, M8-8.8lbs,M9-7.8lbs, M10-1 lb, M11-.6lbs, M12-4.4lbs

AngryViking
on 8/4/16 8:08 am
RNY on 07/17/14

I've come to the realization that I will always be a work in progress.  And that's OK. 

cheapskate
on 8/4/16 9:22 am
RNY on 03/30/15

Love the turkey chili with no beans with a diced up lowfar Hebrew national dog in it

G2GAWAY
on 8/4/16 9:05 am
RNY on 05/16/15

Glad to hear you slept better.  I started wearing a new fitbit and don't like to see what it tells me about my sleep.  Got home super late last night because I went to see Cabaret at the Pantages Theater, so according to fitbit, I slept 6 hours and 15 minutes, was awake 2 times, restless 18 times, and spent 32 minutes awake.  I think I preferred not knowing.  Oh, and I saw the actress Emma Stone there with her mother and had to talk to her (but didn't let on that I knew who she was because she was clearly trying to avoid people) when she left her ticket in the bathroom stall.  I didn't get to post yesterday because work got in the way, but I had a premier protein shake, chicken fajita meat with half a tortilla (L), salad, pulled pork from a pulled pork sandwich (no bread), a little salad (D).

Plans today include premier protein shake, shrimp and vegies for lunch, and picking up something at Subway for dinner (haven't eaten there since surgery over a year ago-so any suggestions? I hear you can get things chopped up in a salad instead of the bread) as I am going to see an Eagles tribute band at a City Concert in the Park event.  I will throw a snack in there this afternoon, probably cheese and crackers.

Guilty pleasure music....I love musical theater and show tunes.  No guilt here.  I listen to lots of music, but always surprise my husband when I sing the words to electronic dance type or hip hop music.  It comes from years of driving teenagers in the car.  And I do love a lot of Justin Bieber's music.  Don't judge.

Cory

5'7" Starting Weight: 305

Current Weight: 145

Deanna798
on 8/4/16 9:18 am
RNY on 08/04/15

I'm totally judging you on the Bieber.  

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

G2GAWAY
on 8/4/16 10:46 pm
RNY on 05/16/15

Wasn't it all about guilty pleasures? Haha.

Cory

Ereiam
on 8/4/16 9:32 am
RNY on 05/16/16

I went to Subway on my last trip, ordered some kind of seasoned pork (not pulled) with all of the fixings. I took the sandwich to my table and dumped out the contents, tossed the bread, and ate the rest.

SW: 270 CW: 181.4 GW: 165

RNY 5/16/16

BE NOT AFRAID JPII

G2GAWAY
on 8/4/16 10:48 pm
RNY on 05/16/15

They have an option to make any sandwich into a salad, so I made a chicken and provolone sandwich and had them heat the chicken.  It was delicious.  They didn't have a pork option.  I guess all stores offer different things.  It was $1 less than a regular sandwich and included more lettuce.  You can get a 6 inch size or 12 inch size, which basically just doubles the protein.

Cory

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 448 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 51 replies · 371 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 317 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 213 views