What's On Your Thursday Menu, RNYers?

AngryViking
on 8/4/16 5:08 am, edited 8/4/16 5:44 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Good Thursday morning y'all!  I don't know why I always want to type "y'all".  I'm a lifelong New Yorker; we don't say y'all.  Maybe I should go with "youse guys".  LMAO

Sooo, I know you're all dying to know, but my sleep has been way better since the melatonin supplement was introduced.  I actually slept through the night last night.  When my alarm went off I was like, "WTF is that?!".  Good stuff all around!  I'm still moving forward with the sleep study, but it's such a relief to get quality rest, even for a couple of days.  AND, my rescheduled 2 year post-op follow up is tomorrow.  It's in the afternoon, though, so that super sucks because I'm not going to be able to make it to 3 pm without drinking/eating.  LMAO  Note to self:  identify lightest clothing items in closet and set aside.

QOTD!  In Susan's summer reading thread, Kelly mentioned guilty pleasure books.  I want to hear about your guilty pleasure music.  I readily fess up to loving show tunes but my love for 'N Sync and Will Smith I keep on the DL.  If I'm alone in the car and a Will Smith jam comes on, I will rock that ****  But only if I'm alone.  I mean, I'm 46 and I want to maintain my rep.  Youse guys can keep my dirty little secret, right?  LOLOL

Time since surgery:  2+ years

B:  COFFEEEEE.  And avocado toast.  Oh avocados, you so delicious. 

S:  nada

L:  chef salad with turkey, HB egg and cheddar topped with Bolthouse Farms avocado cilantro dressing

D:  steak burger a la Holstein.  Huzzah!

TOTALS:  Cals:  925  Protein:  68  Carbs:  24  Fat:  65

Huh.  Those macros are weird.  Well IDGAF, because avocados! 

melissasue1982
on 8/4/16 5:24 am, edited 8/3/16 10:24 pm
RNY on 04/06/15

UGH My post op appointments are always in the afternoon, every damn time, since we dont get to pick when they are!

YAY FOR SLEEP!!!  I am so glad the melatonin is helping! 

QOTD: Guilty pleasure music, huh?  Well I am HUGE into show tunes, but I don't hide that, anyone who knows me knows this.  I will jam out to pretty much anything, no embarrassment!  I mean the other day I played MMBop by Hanson for my kids and rocked that ****!  HAHAHA

16 Months since surgery

M1: 2 packets Oatfit maple brown sugar, 30g slivered almonds, 30g raisins/cranberries

M2: Flatout wrap, 2oz deli chicken breast, 1oz RF mexican cheese, baby spinach, dill pickles

M3: Dannon L&F Greek vanilla yogurt w/ 30g fiber active bran cereal, 1 HB egg

M4: 2 HB eggs, 2oz proscuitto, 85g blueberries

M5: 4oz Fairlife skim milk, 1.25 scoops Syntrax milk chocolate

Totals: Cals: 1478  Protein: 132  Carbs: 140  Fat: 56

I bought and tried the Bolthouse Farms avocado cilantro dressing, I HATED IT!!     I love me some avocados, so I was really hopeful.  Even my husband didn't like it, and he pretty much eats anything.

My legs are still killing me from LEG DAY on Tuesday, yikes.  But tonight will be elliptical and whatever is on the schedule for strength.  I can't remember lol

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

AngryViking
on 8/4/16 5:38 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Aww, boo to your Bolthouse Farms hate!  Send me your leftovers.  LOL

But yay to your love of show tunes!!  What's your favorite show?  I have so many, but I think West Side Story and Les Miz top my list.  And The Music Man.  And Rent.  Oh, and Guys and Dolls!  HA!  I could go on forever...

melissasue1982
on 8/4/16 6:21 am
RNY on 04/06/15

Right now its Hamilton!!  I bought the sound track like 2 months ago, and have literally listened to it EVERY DAY since then!!!  But I love Rent and Les Miz. 

AngryViking
on 8/4/16 6:33 am
RNY on 07/17/14

UGH, I want to see Hamilton sooooo bad.  My brother is a stagehand in NYC and I'm like "Who do you know that can get me tickets?".  So far, nothing.  LOL  I need to get me the soundtrack, though.

melissasue1982
on 8/4/16 6:50 am
RNY on 04/06/15

I would kick puppies to see Hamilton!! LOL

stacyrg
on 8/4/16 10:35 am
VSG on 05/12/14

You NEED the soundtrack!  It's awesome!  Hamilton makes its appearance here in August of 2017 and I'm buying season tickets with a friend for that series to make sure I get to see it.  I CANNOT wait!

Ereiam
on 8/4/16 7:37 am
RNY on 05/16/16

My teenage daughters loooove Hamilton. They play the songs so often, I think I have them all memorized, lol. When it finally makes its way to Denver I will be able to sing along. Let's give it up for America's favorite fighting Frenchman.

SW: 270 CW: 181.4 GW: 165

RNY 5/16/16

BE NOT AFRAID JPII

G2GAWAY
on 8/4/16 8:54 am
RNY on 05/16/15

Les Mis, Wicked, Phantom are probably my top 3, but I do like some from Rent too.  The girl rocked the "Cabaret" song last night.  It was pretty awesome.

Cory

5'7" Starting Weight: 305

Current Weight: 145

stacyrg
on 8/4/16 9:21 am
VSG on 05/12/14

Another secret show tunes lover here.  I have Sirius Radio and have the Broadway channel programmed (of course the preset is hidden pretty far down so most people don't see it.  My all time favorite is Les Miz, but Guys and Dolls runs a close second.  I have an irrational hate for South Pacific, Camelot and the King and I, but other than that, I'll listen to most anything.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 446 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 51 replies · 364 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 278 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 405 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 208 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?