What's On Your Monday Menu, RNYers?

Kakesie
on 8/1/16 10:52 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Yes, being heartbroken for your child makes the loss of a pet twice as hard.  

Thanks for the cheesecake advice, Audrey!  

Ereiam
on 8/1/16 7:56 am
RNY on 05/16/16

Good morning menu gang,

AV, I hope you get some answers about the sleep thing. Sleep deprivation is the absolute worst. I go downhill mentally very quickly when I'm sleep deprived. For the first 6 weeks post op I wasn't sleeping well and it was horrid. I don't know what changed but now I'm sleeping well. Hoping it changes for you. 

I've got not much going on today. I'm going into my new school to meet the new principal. I've heard nothing but good about him, so I have high hopes. Water aerobics at noon and then probably an afternoon of reading the Throne of Glass series. My 16 yo daughter turns me on to lots of YA fiction. This one is a combination of Hunger Games and Game of Thrones. Good stuff.

Qotd: I do (did) love a good brownie sundae, but the dessert I could eat until I popped was a Dairy Queen ice cream cake. Mm.

I'm struggling with nausea when I eat. I'm not eating fruit. I've cut back on fat because it makes me sick and I'm not sure what else to do. Here's my plan for today (hoping I can cut it stomach wise).

B scrambled egg with ham, coffee with cream

L lettuce ham cheese wraps

D egg fu yung

S light and fit Greek yogurt

Calories 719 Carbs 23 Protein 65

i might throw a protein shake in to get my protein numbers up.

SW: 270 CW: 181.4 GW: 165

RNY 5/16/16

BE NOT AFRAID JPII

AngryViking
on 8/1/16 8:14 am
RNY on 07/17/14

I like ice cream and I like cake, but I never could get behind ice cream cake.  LOL

Ereiam
on 8/1/16 8:22 am
RNY on 05/16/16

Well that's good that you don't like ice cream cake, cause if you were here I could eat yours, lol.

RNY 5/16/16

BE NOT AFRAID JPII

Kakesie
on 8/1/16 10:02 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Hi Amy,

I'm sorry to hear you're struggling with nausea when you eat.  I don't have any words of wisdom, just wanted to say I'm sorry.    

I hope your meeting with the new principal goes well!

Looking forward to meeting you really soon!  

~ Karen

Ereiam
on 8/1/16 10:26 am
RNY on 05/16/16

I'm super excited about our meet up on Saturday. I'm working on when we will get to Kearney. I'll email you with details.

RNY 5/16/16

BE NOT AFRAID JPII

Deanna798
on 8/1/16 1:47 pm
RNY on 08/04/15

how's your water intake?  do you feel like there is a possibility of dehydration?  Up your water to see if that helps?

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

Dcgirl
on 8/1/16 8:09 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Ugh, AV, I am sorry the sleep monster has gotten a hold of you.  Since surgery (2.5 years ago) I also sleep terribly.  No idea why.  I take two Benadryl at night maybe 4 nights a week.  My doctor assured me it's safe to take.  I choose to believe that she is right!  It helps me feel drowsy enough to fall asleep and keeps me asleep at least until like 7 am...I mean, I never sleep in anymore, but if I can get like 7 hours I am THRILLED.

I hope they figure out what's happening!

AngryViking
on 8/1/16 8:16 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Thanks, Em!  I fall asleep like a champ, but I can't seem to stay asleep.  I wake up every night between 1-3am and am awake for at least a couple of hours.  It super sucks.

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/1/16 9:19 am

I used to be like that app 2-3-4 years postop.  Eventually I figured out that around that time My BS was getting low and my body would activate cortisol (the wake -up hormone) to regulate my BS. I started keeping a jar or NSA PB by my bed and I would eat 1 -2 TBs of that when I woke up. Most of the time 1 Tbs was good enough.  then I was asleep within next 30 min. 

later on I started eating nut butter right before bed. or nuts.  1oz. That was enough to slowly digest and absorb from my pouch and small intestine... just enough to keep my body happy. I also would avoid eating too many carbs late at night - even fruits.  That prevented from insulin spiking late in evening... But I woudl eat some carbs during the day...

When we follow low carb diet - our body get depleted stores of glycogen - so when our BS crashes - even so slightly - the body needs cortisol to convert proteins into BS... and it is a very slow process....

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 450 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 374 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 357 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 213 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 110 views
Recent Topics