What's On Your Monday Menu, RNYers?

karenp8
on 8/1/16 8:32 am - Brighton, IL

I talk to Lily too,so I guess we're both officially crazy then. I talk to her about when the boys are coming home and when we are getting ready to camp I'll tell her how many sleeps until we go. Bless you for fostering and loving the pups while they are with you. I know it has to make their transition to their forever home so much easier. When we got Lily at the local no kill shelter she was petrified when she came in our house. It took her two hours to get brave enough to leave the living room. Of course the first 51/2 years of her life were spent in a too small kennel outside at the puppy mill so it was a huge change. But the adapt so well and are so Loving! If you want a new dog,please rescue one. They make the best pets ever. I'll get off the soapbox now!

AngryViking
on 8/1/16 8:37 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Lily is one lucky pup!  Bagel spent the first year and a half (guessing) of his life outside in a kennel; who knows what he endured out there.  We adopted him from Helping Hounds.  They do great work and we continue to support the rescue even though we can't manage another dog right now. 

karenp8
on 8/1/16 8:58 am - Brighton, IL

We got Lily from PAWS (Protecting Animal Welfare Society) in Jacksonville Illinois where the boys went to college. When were in the area I still drop off food donations for them because she does such great work. Many of the dogs she takes other shelters don't want  like pit bulls and if the dog you adopt doesn't work in your home she willingly takes them back. She started the shelter at her own home and now luckily has tons of community support. Such a sweet lady and she and her volunteers are angels for sure!

pammieanne
on 8/1/16 8:40 am - OK
RNY on 05/16/16

I swear she understood... the way she just went to their van and jumped in, and never looked back. It was like she knew.

In the meantime, I was in our truck like "WTF, Gypsy!?!?" 

I'm the crazy one!

Height 5'5" HW 260 SW 251 CW 141.6 (2/27/18)

RNY 5-16-16 Pre-Op 9lbs, M1-18.5lbs, M2-18.1lbs, M3-14.8lbs, M4-10.4lbs, M5-9.2lbs, M6-7lbs, M7-6.2lbs, M8-8.8lbs,M9-7.8lbs, M10-1 lb, M11-.6lbs, M12-4.4lbs

cutiefrog
on 8/1/16 7:17 am - Canada

Happy Monday!  It's civic holiday here in Ontario so everyone is home.  Not sure what's on the agenda...  Maybe a movie ?  I'm also planning another zombie run after dinner.  Except I know I'll have to run to get away from those guys this time !  I can do it!  I'm not getting eaten today !  QOTD : My favorite dessert is banana cream pie.  

B - scrambled egg and canadian bacon, coffee with light cream

S- premier protein shake

L - spinach, tuna and sunflower seed salad, greek yogurt

S - turkey bite and cheese string

D- pineapple chicken 

S - roasted almonds

Total : 970  Protein : 127  Carbs : 77  Fat : 42

Have a great day everyone!

HW- 266  SW- 255.4  CW- 195.6 GW -140

The Salty Hag
on 8/1/16 7:55 am
RNY on 05/20/13

I took some time off of posting here. I know it's silly, but my son's pet turtle dying totally derailed me. Not poor Bella's fault ( RIP Bella ) of course; it's all on me. Sometimes I do well with not stress munching( and shopping ); other times, not so much. There's been lots of other stressors lately, and the other night I finally had the meltdown I needed, so...onward. No more Pringles. Posting here really did keep me accountable, more so than I thought it would. 

QOTD: Favorite dessert: cheesecake. Almost any type of cheesecake; but no nuts or fruits though-other than an almond flour crust. I like some nuts, just not in desserts. Some faves are: Chocolate cheesecake, peanut butter chocolate cheesecake, chocolate chip cheesecake, chocolate chip cookie dough cheesecake, red velvet cheesecake either with or without a brownie layer-or with a brownie crust, just plain ol' nekkid cheesecake, chocolate chip cookie cheesecake bars, cheesecake ice cream.... I'm the Bubba of cheesecake. The worst ( best ) part is I can make all of those low carb. And of course, whipped cream is the sweet version of bacon; it makes everything better. 

Time since surgery 3+ years

This is my planned menu:

B: coffe w/ Splenda, creamer, and cream. 

L: leftover Greek chicken-sooo good

S: Dannon L&F Greek Chocolate cherry with half a scoop chocolate protein powder, and probably 1/2 oz of Lily's stevia sweetened chocolate chips ( this will be NOW, not after lunch, and a cheese stick will accompany the yogurt. I'm HUNGRY. I helped hub clean up his garage. He's got electrical and possibly final county inspection. YAYYYYY!!!! 

D: no idea yet. 

I haven't totaled anything yet because I suck. I'm sure I'll modify my menu too, AV.  

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

AngryViking
on 8/1/16 8:10 am
RNY on 07/17/14

So...you like cheesecake?  LOL  Dammit.  Now I want cheesecake. 

The Salty Hag
on 8/1/16 10:00 am
RNY on 05/20/13

Just a tiny bit. 

I'm entirely too excited that we now have a Cheesecake Factory here. They have low carb cheesecake.  ( It's on their menu anyway. I haven't been yet. ) 

Tom Petty

Kakesie
on 8/1/16 9:57 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Dear Audrey,

So sorry about your son's pet turtle dying.  I LOVE turtles and have had many as pets over the years and have grieved when they have died.  Right now my pet salamander is not doing well and I will be very sad when she dies.  Even reptiles and amphibians can be treasured members of the family.

You can make low carb cheesecake?  YUM!  May I have the recipe, please?  Thanks!

~ Karen  

The Salty Hag
on 8/1/16 10:30 am
RNY on 05/20/13

Thank you. She was a fabulous turtle. I cried after I found her. ( My sons were at their dad's for that week. This happened the first week in July. ) I cried when I told him what had happened. I cried when my sons teared up. I'm emotional anyway...all the time, and was so heartbroken for my sweet kid, so I was a real mess. 

I'm so sorry about your salamander. I think the same way you do. All pets are family, no matter whether they have fur, scales, shells, feathers, or smooth skin. I believe they all have souls, and can love and feel love. I hope for the best for your salamander. 

Low carb cheesecake ( or lowish, anyway, haha ) is pretty simple. I just omit the crust-make sure you line your pan with parchment , or make an almond flour crust ( like a graham cracker crust, but with almond flour and sugar sub ), and replace the sugar with a sugar sub. I've had good results with a product called Pyure. It's a stevia/erithrytol blend. I found it at Wal-Mart. It isn't bitter like stevia is ( for me ) and there is little to no cooling effect some people get from erithrytol. I've used it in a lot of my baking with success. The cheesecake is crazy high in calories, of course-and an almond flour crust just adds to it...so I end up freezing most of the cheesecake-or sending it to work with hubs. Hope this helps. 

Tom Petty

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 450 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 374 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 357 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 213 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 110 views