What's on Your (photo) Friday Menu, RNYers?

stacyrg
on 7/22/16 10:22 am
VSG on 05/12/14

Good morning everyone.  A late post for me and I have no one to blame but myself.  I think my first full week back after surgery caught up to me (I've been working 8ish to 7 all week) and I overslept by almost 2 hours.  Yikes!  What happened today is literally my nightmare come true, but in my nightmare I sleep through a court appearance.  Luckily I didn't have court or any morning meeting, so no harm, no foul.  My day didn't get any better.  I threw on clothes, grabbed a protein shake and my bottle and headed out the door.  I considered stopping at Starbucks (I mean I was already late) but thought better of it.  Get on the elevator in the parking garage, look down and realize there's a stain on my shirt.  Luckily it's a meat locker in here, so I can wear a sweater all day (either that or run across the street to The Gap and buy a T-Shirt.  TGIF, for reals . . .

KQOTD - That has happened to me and I try to stop at a convenience store for cheese and a single serving size bag of nuts.  That tends to hold me over.  But, I love the Wendys idea!  Chili sounds sooooo good.  I more week!!!

Food plan - Ugh . . . so this might be TMI, but really, after this surgery is there such a thing???  I have been having horrible gas in the afternoon.  Like I feel I need to apologize in advance to the people around me bad.  At first I thought it was the Miralax i've been taking, but the few people I've asked who take it didn't seem to have that problem.  Then I noticed yesterday that it happens the most after I have lunch and I've had tuna every day for lunch. so I went out last night and got a packet of salmon to make salmon salad.  I'm hoping it will make a difference.  If not, I'll have to try eliminating the mayo (I don't use a lot, just enough to add some moisture, but if that's what it is, it'll have to go before I get fired for contributing to the air pollution in So Cal.!

B: Protein shake (at work 2.5 hours later than normal)

L: Salmon salad with a bit of mayo for moisture, laughing cow wedge

D: Hopefully grilled salmon

S: Egg salad, light and fit 

Totals: Cal: 554; Protein: 74g; Fat: 21g; carbs 11g

Emiepie
on 7/22/16 4:00 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

I used to get the "can't even blame it on the dog" gas from quest bars. Are you having anything with sugar alcohols in it?

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

karenp8
on 7/22/16 10:23 am - Brighton, IL

I love both your outfits and the color looks great on you. I used to wear black all the time and now I love color too. Having more clothing choices is so much fun!

yvonnef1964
on 7/22/16 10:56 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Hi, I got back from my brother's,  it was fun.

This weekend, on Saturday afternoon I'm going with my childhood friend to celebrate her 50 th birthday. She is getting her long hair chopped off and she getting it colored purple then we're going out to dinner at logans. Then Sunday I go to church and relax the rest of the day.

QOTD: whatever I could find, grocery store,  convience store or a restaurant. 

B egg whites ham and cheese omelet and string cheese

Lcottage cheese, orange pepper,  a few baby carrots and cucumbers slices.

D, sirloin pork chop, asparagus and this Greek yogurt dessert thing that I made.

S Greek yogurt with chia seeds and apple

E walk away the pounds dvd since it's too hot to walk outside.

stacyrg
on 7/22/16 11:05 am
VSG on 05/12/14

So, you guys indulge me for a minute.  I think I may have had my first bit of acid this morning (my surgeon told me it may take up to 3 months to fully resolve)  I was super late this morning and super stressed and as I was driving to work, I felt a familiar heaviness in my chest.  Now when I drink my water, I feel a gurgling I haven't felt since surgery.  I'm hoping its not acid and that I'm just still stressed out from my lousy morning, but it's kind of bumming me out.  Just needed to get it off my chest (unfortunately doing so didn't relieve the pressure) 

Deanna798
on 7/22/16 11:50 am
RNY on 08/04/15

I bet the swelling is going down and the gurgling is just the liquid passing through your stoma.  I get gurgling a lot when I drink.  Think draining the bathtub.  It's funny, at first I would laugh and it would freak me out, but I don't even notice is much anymore.  I'm sitting here sipping coffee and gurgling like mad, and until I read your post I didn't notice.

I hate to say I hope that the heaviness in your chest is because you're super stressed, but I do.  

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

stacyrg
on 7/22/16 11:58 am
VSG on 05/12/14

Thanks for that.  It just scared me for a minute because when my acid was super bad, I had gurgling and pressure all the time.  It seems to have subsided a bit.  I can't wait for this day to be over so I can go home!

Emiepie
on 7/22/16 4:03 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

I had a "lump" like feeling in my throat after I stopped taking the Prilosec I was on for 30 days post op for about  a week I think then it went away. Hope you feel better.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Corrie33
on 7/22/16 11:15 am, edited 7/22/16 4:41 am
RNY on 02/09/15

I'm late to the party, as usual - but good morning everyone!

QOTD - The only time this came up was when I was with my Mom in the hospital, the gift shop had almonds, and boy was I grateful for that.

Here's a pic of me and my best friend - we've been meeting every Wednesday for over 30 years (used to be happy hour and wine, now it's coffee/tea... we've gotten old and boring - LOL).

17 months since RNY - Menu: (unfinished as I'm taking Mom out for dinner somewhere tonight)

1 Ballpark Turkey Frank (thanks to whoever posted about these - I LOVE them!)

2.5 oz chicken salad w/lite mayo & onions

2 oz ribeye steak (leftover from last night)

2 oz deli ham

1 slice FF American Cheese

.5 oz 2% Cheddar

1 Babybell cheese

1 Homegrown Sliced tomato

Dinner - ? 

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND EVERYONE!

PS:  I remember a time not so long ago that I could barely squeeze into that booth.  Wow.

GOAL REACHED! 170 lbs lost...

RNY: 2/9/15 (age 52), Ht-5'9" HW=304, SW=292, GW=155, LW=134, CW=147

Mo.1 -29lbs Mo.2 -18lbs Mo.3 -13lbs Mo.4 -11lbs Mo.5 - 14lbs Mo.6 - 10lbs Mo. 7 -11lbs Mo. 8 -9.4lbs

karenp8
on 7/22/16 11:47 am - Brighton, IL

Great picture,Corrie!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 448 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 51 replies · 371 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 315 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 407 views