What's on your Saturday Menu, RNYers?

peachpie
on 7/9/16 8:44 am, edited 7/9/16 1:44 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

Morning! Enjoy Maine JB! I'm up and have been to the gym, grocery store and vacuumed the house. Our AC has is acting up so I'm waiting for a repairman, ugg!

today is my son's birthday. He's literally my miracle boy. First ultrasound there was no detectable heartbeat. I was scheduled for a d&c; before the procedure they did another ultrasound before the procedure and there was his heartbeat, strong and steady! He's sketched out the days plans and we'll head to dinner of his choice tonight.

Qotd: so far of my travels I really enjoyed myrtle beach, SC. But the world is out there for me to explore-- I haven't seen enough to pick a favorite. 

Time since surgery: 14+months 

m1: 4.5 oz roast chicken, salad

m2: Greek yogurt, granola with berries

m3: ?? Maybe lunch meat, cheese, cashews

m4: chickie and pete's!! 

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

Emiepie
on 7/9/16 9:27 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Happy Birthday to your miracle!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

(deactivated member)
on 7/9/16 1:18 pm

Wow that is a miracle. It is so scary when something like that happens. I almost lost my daughter they didn't think it was a viable pregnancy. My blood work came back bad where it wasn't increasing daily. Not sure which hormones. She is 20 now. She was born at 30 weeks. She only weighed three pounds. I still have a diaper that is smaller than a maxi pad. 

Emiepie
on 7/9/16 9:19 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good morning! Glad you are having a great time. We decided to take a trip to Gilroy which is about 2 hours away for a little retail therapy at outlet stores and we always make a stop at a place called Casa de Fruita (fruitstand/roadside attraction with fruits, veggies, wine, cheese and candy shop). Plus there is a pizza place that's awesome that my two loves will enjoy lunch at (I'll get a meatball or something tasty). 

QOTD: Pismo beach on the central coast is our happy place.

Menu will be latte and banana protein shake for breakfast, lunch will be a meatball or salad at the pizza place, my snacks are packed so it's the normal latte, pork rinds, jerky, and yogurt, and dinner will be my albacore salad when we get home. Got in my 6 miles this morning and vits and water are on track. 

Have a great day all!!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

(deactivated member)
on 7/9/16 10:29 am

Well actually good afternoon. I am glad you wrote about the movie. I want to go see it. I have to say one of my favorite vacation spots is Newport Rhode Island. I love it there. If I had to go out of the country I would pick St. Martin. I love it there to. 

My breakfast was eggs bacon and some fruit. 

G2GAWAY
on 7/9/16 11:48 am
RNY on 05/16/15

I want to go to Maine one day. In fact, I would like to visit much of the East Coast.  Our favorite place for years has been Hilton Head Island, SC.  We have a timeshare at the beach and spent two weeks there in September for about 15 years, until the kids left for college and it didn't work in the schedule. We trade the timeshares for other places now, but went back to Hilton Head last year for a week.  Our new favorite place is Loreto, Mexico. We can't wait to go there again. And my truly favorite vacation spot is wherever I am heading next!  Enjoy your getaway.  

We are heading to Temecula in about an hour (late start due to the other folks arriving, but good because that means we aren't drinking all day).  I'm the DD and it is only tasting, but it can get to you quickly.  We will have dinner down there and I picked the place and know the menu has good choices (vs. pub type food).  I am hoping to have scallops.

I wasn't enjoying chicken for a while, but have had chicken lettuce wraps several times out and they have been yummy.  I feel victim to a Krispy Kreme donut yesterday. I had a 7:30 meeting and it was there and I had not finished my protein shake yet. It wasn't even that good or worth it, so hopefully that is the end of that nonsense. The rest of the day was on target with my shake, grilled shrimp, vegies, salad,  chicken lettuce wraps, and laughing cow cheese wedge with 6 saltines.

Lobster sounds delicious. I hear it is very inexpensive in Maine.  I need to visit for that reason alone.

Cory

5'7" Starting Weight: 305

Current Weight: 145

Kakesie
on 7/9/16 1:38 pm
RNY on 02/19/16

Happy Saturday everyone!

I'm glad to know Secret Life of Pets is good.  I've been wanting to go see it!

QOTD:  Our family has a cabin in Green Mountain Falls, Colorado (outside of Colorado Springs) and we went there every summer for vacation.  It was beautiful there in the mountains with a little creek running past the cabin and wild flowers growing in the field.  I have many happy childhood memories of that place.

Yesterday I ate:  a protein drink, a Clif protein bar, potato salad, a burrito, Mr. Cheese O's and a Power protein bar.  Today will probably be similar.

Have a fantastic weekend everyone!

~ Karen   

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 445 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 51 replies · 360 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 275 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 404 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?