What's on your Saturday Menu, RNYers?

Queen JB
on 7/9/16 4:04 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Good Morning from our mini-vacation in Maine! It's so beautiful up here and it's always nice to have a change of scenery and get away for a few days. QOTD: Do you have a favorite vacation spot? I have always loved Kennepunkport, ME! Cute shops, quick ocean access, and yummy seafood. I love it there! We are in a different part this weekend and it's great to explore! 

Yesterday could have been a better eating day...I brought lots of protein snacks with me, but left them at the cabin instead of bringing them with us...d'oh. So I ended up having: Protein coffee, egg & cheese wrap, quest bar, chicken tenders and too much popcorn at the movies (go see Secret Lives of Pets, btw! Adorbs!).

I don't know what today will bring, but we are starting at a cute little diner for breakfast, and dinner is a lobster bake! I'll try to make decent choices in between!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

NYMom222
on 7/9/16 4:34 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Mmmm Lobster... can't go wrong with that. I grew up spending summers at the beach- Fire Island. And while I don't go there anymore, anyplace with the sound of the ocean is certainly my happy place.

Yesterday was a cleaning day, and brought a trunkload of stuff to goodwill.I didn't get everything done, so again have not mastered the having both levels of my house clean at the same time...LOL ...

So does anyone have trouble figuring out what size they should buy now that they have lost the weight. I find sizes much more variable now that I've lost the weight....when I was heavier I was always the same size in every store it seemed. Last week at Macy's I ended up trying on a pair of jeans and a pair of capri cargo workout pants that both seemed a little too small. They didn't have the next size, so they ordered them for me and had them sent to the house.... They came and I tried them on and they both seem too big. Ugh...

B1: Coffee latte with miralax

B2: Premier protein (at support group)

L; egg and cheese and salsa in a Low carb wrap

S: Chcken salad

D: Steak stir fry (third day on the menu, I am eating it tonight!)

S: PB on a spoon

Ex: 21 day fix   weight - 172.6 this AM

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

peachpie
on 7/9/16 8:55 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

I have trouble knowing when a size is too big. I was wearing a size large Tshirt yesterday and realized the sides under the armpit were way to loose. And the jeans I had on had the saggy diaper look. I've been pretty good with # sizes, I'm getting in 12's now and that's been consistent most places.

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

Emiepie
on 7/9/16 9:23 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I have to try everything on now because the sizes do seen different all the time. I still try and grab an XL and if my hubby is with me he looks at me like I have 2 heads. In some pants I'm a size 8 and some a size 12...I just gotta go with it though.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

mschwab
on 7/9/16 9:41 am
RNY on 11/21/14

There does not seem to be any sense to sizes. I wear a size M - XS and an 6 or 8. Even the same designer has wildly different sizes. The other weird thing is that, before RNY it was had to find clothes big enough. Now it is difficult to find clothes small enough. All the clothes on the rack in stores are larger sizes.  It is surreal to me.

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

G2GAWAY
on 7/9/16 11:51 am
RNY on 05/16/15

Clothes shopping is a struggle now...just a different struggle. Not only tough to find the right size/fit, but a few pounds makes a huge difference. I have been getting a medium in some things and large in others (big boob problems with buttons-but then they are loose everywhere else).  Pants are a mystery, every brand is different.  My stuff is ranging from 8-12 now.

It definitely is hard to buy online because I really have to try everything on.  Have a good day.

Cory

5'7" Starting Weight: 305

Current Weight: 145

(deactivated member)
on 7/9/16 4:02 pm

Red Curry ( Thai ) chicken breast with fresh corn and snap peas in fat free homemade sauce -made substituting powdered skim milk and co0conut extract for coconut milk.

Fat free potato chips with homemade fat free onion dip made with fat free greek yogurt

Chopped health salad ( cabbage celery other veggies in vinegar )

packaged scalloped potato bake made with fat free skim milk

fat free feta cheese 3 ounces

raspberries from the garden

plums from the garden

red cherries from the garden

supershopper
on 7/9/16 6:25 pm

Late post for me- off having too much fun!

i usually try several sizes- I try a 10 first, then if they are too big- or even fit, I go to 8. depends really what season they are. shirts ive bought m or small- if it doesn't fit now- IT WILL!!!

Today was paddleboard yoga day -a first for me- and yes I fell off doing a lunge pose. it was hilarious- and i was able to get back up on the board with no issue! it was amazing. 

Here is what I ate yesterday:

B: no oatmeal/carbmaster milk/decaf/miralax

L: grilled chicken/squash

D:grilled fish/broc

S: kays protein bite/1/2 kind bar/carbmaster yogurt/

cal:698

prot:80

carb:42

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

karenp8
on 7/9/16 5:05 am - Brighton, IL

Anywhere with fresh seafood is where I would like to vacation. No ocean here but I did buy tuna and salmon kebobS for our camping on Sunday! Close as I could get! Quick post for accountability today as I am finishing up getting ready to head out to a shoot with hubby. Post op 46 months and weight at 118 today. 3.2 mile walk with Lily already done and may do another mile after supper. Here's the food B 1/2 c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter added L 31/2 oz deli turkey and cheese 1/2 c green beans D taco meat with salsa and lettuce S mission 1 chocolate brownie protein bar.  Everyone have a great day and make some smart choices! 

Deanna798
on 7/9/16 5:31 am
RNY on 08/04/15

Morning JB and crew.  I've got to say, I didn't stick 100% to my plan yesterday, but it was an improvement from Thursday, so I'm making progress.  I'm feeling awesome and starting to get excited about all of the things I will get to do.  I just need to make sure not to fall into laying around all day in my PJs and being unproductive.  I will say, not working is a scary prospect for me.  Money issues aside, I was an at home mom when I left my first husband years ago.  I think that being at home all the time actually contributed to my depression and really hurt my first marriage.  So being in a similar situation, i'm going to be very mindful to not let myself fall into old patterns.  I have been up every morning before 7am, and plan on keeping that schedule indefinitely.  

so, on to the QOTD!  My favorite vacation spot has got to be the beach on Lake Michigan.  It's the  closest you can get to the "ocean" feel with not actually visiting an ocean.  Lake Michigan has beautiful sandy beaches and the water is crystal clear and cold.  I have to admit, that I have never been to the ocean, well not really.  in 2014 when we visited my brother in Seattle we took a harbor tour, and then one day we drove up the coast and stopped at a small town on the ocean. It was beautiful, but it was the first weekend in April, and while it was beautifully sunny, it was windy and cold.  I don't think I got that whole beachy vibe, if you guys know what I'm talking about.  So my favorite vacation spot is most any beach along the eastern shore of Lake Michigan.  

We're having friends over this afternoon for a BBQ and will be grilling.  I have a pretty awesome food plan for the day, so here is what I have planned:

11 months since surgery

B: 1 egg, 2 bacon and a slice of cheese.  coffee with sugar free coffeemate

L: grilled roast beef sandwich on 35 calorie bread with smoked goat gouda, grilled onions and mushrooms and horseradish mayo.

D: grilled chicken breast with bbq sauce and some grilled zucchini with onions 

s: light and fit Greek yogurt

totals:

calories 737 protein 70 carbs 50 fat 41

I'll likely have a couple glasses of wine tonight.  I have abstained from drinking since I left my job, so tonight I'll have a couple glasses as a treat.

Have a safe and wonderful weekend everyone!

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 448 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 51 replies · 370 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 315 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 407 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 212 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?