What's on Your (photo) Friday Menu, RNYers?

G2GAWAY
on 7/8/16 9:57 am
RNY on 05/16/15

I have been going to the same hairdresser for 26 years.  My kids had never had anyone else touch their hair until they were 22.  One moved away and had it cut by someone else for the first time last month and the other just wanted a change.  Hairdressers are important!  

Cory

5'7" Starting Weight: 305

Current Weight: 145

mschwab
on 7/8/16 12:45 pm
RNY on 11/21/14

The same hairdresser has been doing my hair since I was 19 years old, with a 10 year break when I lived in San Francisco and then Seattle.  He is one of my longest relationships.

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

Daisydoo02
on 7/8/16 6:32 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

The weekend is here! YAY! Happy Friday Gang!

AV will be so great to see Michael!  Snuggle that boy hard!  And glad Matt is going for a few nights on the Scout trip that will be nice for both of them.  Must feel weird with your son out of the house, well at least you have Bagel right? LOL

QOTD: This is special skill to me might not be for other people but I have a photographic memory.  I never "loose" things in my house because I remember exactly where I put it as I have it in a picture in my mind.  Even things that are packed in moving boxes in our basement I know which box they are in.  Amazes my hubby because he is the "typical man" and looses everything and can't see the hand in front of his face. I know exactly where things are placed on my desk at work and in my house.  A nightmare for me would be someone coming into my house and not stealing anything but rearranging everything and messing up the "pictures" in my head, I would die!  Same thing for people & places, I may not remember a street name but I can see the landmarks around it and how to get there, I may not remember your name but I know where and when we met and what we were doing, that kind of thing, its pictures in my head.  I have an amazing sense of direction and I always know which way is North & South no matter where I am, my Dad is this way too, a skill or hereditary?? Yup Daisy is a werido LOL LOL

Time since surgery: 2 years + 8 months

B: tuna and balsamic dressing

L: tandoori chicken skewer with hot sauce

S: Moon cheese (12 pieces - yes I count them like AV counts her cherries!) HA HA

D: Hubby & I are going to our diner tonight for date night... probably split a burger with cheese on it, no bun

S: shrimp & ****tail sauce & Mission 1 protein bar

Vits are done, calcium is on alarms, coffee with miralax, peach tea and need to up my water, got the WORST calf cramp this morning when I went to get out of bed, my calf still hurts!!! Grrrrrrrrrr

After work today I am getting a cut & colour, good bye 2" of grey roots!! HA HA

Pic of the day is me being a silly last Friday while buying shoes I spotted these platform 5" GOLD SPARKLY heels, I had to try them on and snap a pic!!  I didn't buy them but I hope to one day need an excuse to buy them cuz they were just over the top fabulous! LOL

Have a great weekend everyone!!! 

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

AnnyBananny
on 7/8/16 6:43 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

OMG! I want you to return to that store IMMEDIATELY AND BUY THOSE SHOES! Who cares if you don't currently have a place to wear them?!?

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

Daisydoo02
on 7/8/16 7:27 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Maybe I should buy them and wear them for hubby wink wink nudge nudge LOL 

Wait Anny you are the girl who is going to get married, what shoe size are you I should by them for you!!! 

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

RNY_elizabeth
on 7/8/16 6:48 am - TX
RNY on 10/06/15

You look so darn cute!  How's the iron treating you?  Feeling good?

Consultation weight: 265, Surgery date: 10/6/15, Goal: 150, Current weight: 129; 5'5, 46 years old

"I am basically food's creepy ex-girlfriend. I know we can't be together anymore but I just want to spend time hanging out" ~me, about why I love cooking so much post WLS

Daisydoo02
on 7/8/16 7:29 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Thanks Elizabeth!!  Well I do feel better, is it the Iron or psychosomatic??? Maybe both. 

I did have a reaction to the Iron, not super bad, more annoying because it disrupted my day.  About 3-4 hours after it was done I felt very tired, foggy head, nauseated, headache and really really achy, almost like I was coming down with the flu.  Went home and crawled into bed with a Tylenol and slept for almost 4 hours and then felt better.  Thank you for asking!!!!

RNY_elizabeth
on 7/8/16 7:32 am - TX
RNY on 10/06/15

I am expecting to start those lovely infusions next week so I wanted to know what it was like. Hoping for no flu/crash for both of us next time. You are my trail-breaker!  Go forth and have good iron labs!

~E

Consultation weight: 265, Surgery date: 10/6/15, Goal: 150, Current weight: 129; 5'5, 46 years old

"I am basically food's creepy ex-girlfriend. I know we can't be together anymore but I just want to spend time hanging out" ~me, about why I love cooking so much post WLS

Daisydoo02
on 7/8/16 9:22 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Honestly Elizabeth I wont lie there was a "reaction" but I was prepared for the worst and it was not that bad.  The actual infusion part is nothing, time consuming, mine took just shy of 3 hours.  It does not hurt at all, other than the needle.  I had to pee like every 15 minutes after and my pee was this weird brown colour most of the day.  It was after a few hours that I started to feel off. And like I said if you have ever had the flu before that is what it felt like.  Tired, achy, sick to my stomach, dizzy but seriously nothing a Tylenol and a good nap can't cure.  The next day (Thursday) I was tired and today I feel fine.  I now know what to expect when I get my second dose on July 19th.  I think I will take a half day vacation and just go home and sleep it off.  I can't wait in a few weeks to start feeling like a "normal" person again.  Don't hesitate to ask me questions or PM me if you want. GOOD LUCK!!

supershopper
on 7/8/16 7:42 am

the tiredness is normal- plan to have the day off next time.

I think DH just drove me home and I took a nap.

but in 2-3 weeks you will feel so much better

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 450 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 374 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 357 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 213 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 110 views
Recent Topics