What's On Your Thursday Menu, RNYers?

Daisydoo02
on 7/7/16 6:39 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Morning everyone!  For sure this week is dragging! Hurry up vacation in two weeks!!! 

Kirsten I was seriously going to PM you and ask if you had taken a pregnancy test, it was this weird thought that came over me to ask that and then I thought well that is kind of personal to ask so I won't.  I SWEAR to God and on my doggies head's I was going to ask you that! Weird stuff like that happens to me ALL THE TIME.  Hubby always tells me I need to say things out loud even if it seems silly or weird because it usually ends up happening or being true!  I am glad you are okay and its just a late period.  And hey never say never, I would welcome a baby right now and I am 45!!! 

QOTD: I can't do math in my head. I ENVY you mathy people who can just figure that stuff out in a heartbeat!  I struggle to paint my own toenails & finger nails, I get more on my cuticles than my nails.  Packing a suitcase, I JUST CAN'T, I get the biggest suitcase known to man and before I even have a quarter of my things in there its full, packing is like a game of Tetris, I never win against my hubby who might be the worlds best Tetris player LOL  And for sure combination locks elude me, I hate going to the gym and having to use one!!!!

Time since surgery 2 years + 8 months (next week)

B: 1/2 can of tuna with balsamic dressing & trail mix

L: 1/2 can of tuna with balsamic dressing & trail mix

S: Moon cheese - Jalapeno flavour (12 pieces)

D: bbq salmon with balsamic dressing (never ate this yesterday as I had a "flu like" reaction to the Iron infusion and slept from 5pm - 830pm in pain and nauseated, feeling better today but still not 100% yet).

S: 4 shrimp with ****tail sauce and Mission 1 protein bar (chocolate brownie)

TOTALS: 1041 calories, 107 protein, 42 carbs, 52 fat

Vits are done, calcium on alarms, coffee & Peach tea & ice water with splash of SF cranberry juice

E: doubt there will be any, we are in a heat wave here and its down right hard to breath outside. I might go to the gym but not sure. Dogs are pissed at me & hubby we have not taken them out in a few days for a hike, its really way too hot for them with fur coats on!!

Have a great day everyone!! 

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

AngryViking
on 7/7/16 10:08 am
RNY on 07/17/14

I saw this on Pleated Jeans and I thought of you and your big dogs.  I legit LOL'd.

AngryViking
on 7/7/16 10:09 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Holy crap, that's huge.  LOL

AngryViking
on 7/7/16 12:10 pm
RNY on 07/17/14

If I do that, you need to make a solemn promise that you will share.  Just a little.  LOL

karenp8
on 7/7/16 10:57 am - Brighton, IL

I hope your infusion kicks in and you start to feel better,Daisy! Give the pups a pet from me too!

mschwab
on 7/7/16 12:02 pm
RNY on 11/21/14

Can you please say out loud that I am going to win the lottery tonight?

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

Grim_Traveller
on 7/7/16 6:50 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Morning AV. I'm sorry/not sorry about your news. Bacon makes every sorrow better. But too much bacon, and you'll have to worry about getting pregnant again. It's a double edged sword.

QOTD: There are lots of things that should be easy, but aren't. But I'm blanking on them right now. JB, what do I really stink at?

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Queen JB
on 7/7/16 3:09 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

Eating veggies. Everything else you do perfectly!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

NYMom222
on 7/7/16 7:10 am
RNY on 07/23/14

There can be so many mixed feeling about babies, I still wanted to have another until I hit 40. Bacon is a good choice for emotional eating. :) Bacon is never the wrong answer.

QOTD: I totally cannot do treadmills... I know it is just walking but I could kill myself on them.... I am good at Math in head and maps. I never realized I was good at directions and Maps until at a job years ago I was the head of their transportation program and had to send drivers out.. pre-GPS days. When I gave directions I had to ask Do you want Landmarks or street names? Some people you had to say 'Make a right at 7-11'

My knee is doing better, not 100%. After I said there was no swelling yesterday, I guess I had the ace bandage too tight and my calf blew up horribly.. and even though I took the bandage off, tried to elevate it and put support knee-highs on ...it looked bad. I was nervous. Overnight elevated it with pillows in the bed and looks normal today. Whew....

So along the lines of Karen's 'happy place' I also have been searching for a 5lb window. So for now I am publicly making it 168-173. I am at 173 the last two mornings...and I am happy even though I am at the high end. Making peace with the numbers...

B: Coffee and miralax, Protein Smoothie TBD

L: Grilled chicken, salad

S: Hamburger

S: Protein Bar (teaching class)

D: steak stir-fry

S: PB on a spoon

EX: Pilates fix if my leg can take it. swimming

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

AngryViking
on 7/7/16 7:31 am
RNY on 07/17/14

I am a 'landmarks' girl all the way.  I couldn't tell you the street names of anywhere except where I work and where I live.  HA!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 448 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 51 replies · 371 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 316 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 213 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 110 views
Recent Topics