What's On Your Thursday Menu, RNYers?

Capogirl
on 7/7/16 8:49 am

Oh Kristen, our bodies to love to fool us.  Sorry you had to go through that.  Just wait until you skip a few months then oops, it's back. Yep, that happens! 

QOTD:  Locks mystify me sometimes too, my kids have both had issues with combination locks.  Window blinds, sometimes they work great, other times fuhgetaboutit!

Time since surgery 14+ months

B:  1/2 fiber one english muffin, 1 egg, decaf coffee

L:  Chicken again, finally the last of it.

D:  Steak, sauteed peppers & onions

S:  Cabot Cheddar Stick

supershopper
on 7/7/16 9:08 am

I have  a reoccurring dream about a school locker lock. it is the same dream each time

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

AnnyBananny
on 7/7/16 10:20 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Better late to post than never, right? I know I need to get back to this post and having y'alls support.

I also need to go to the grocery store - so today's menu is a bit sparse.

Time since surgery: 2 years +

B: met an old colleague to catch up - coffeeeeeeee, scramble eggs, a little bit of toast, a little bit of homefries

S: Quest bar, coffee

L: Chobani Flip

S: string cheese

D: omelet

S: Chobani tube, frozen treat!!!

TOTALS: Calories 1048, Protein 95, Carbs 78, Fat 47

V/W: started, but I've been seriously slacking on the water intake lately

E: yoga class tonight I do believe

I can't whistle! Why can't I whistle? You just put your lips together and blow, right?

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

Daisydoo02
on 7/7/16 10:36 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

We miss you Anny!!! COME BACK!!!!! 

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

karenp8
on 7/7/16 11:04 am - Brighton, IL

We miss you Anny! Please come back!!

Emiepie
on 7/7/16 1:26 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

yay it's Anny!! :)

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

G2GAWAY
on 7/7/16 10:40 am
RNY on 05/16/15

Good morning (on the West Coast), good afternoon to all the rest.  Yesterday was the Day.From.Hell. at work.  So much to get done and not enough time.  Today is shaping up to be just as challenging. Back to back meetings with no time to get work done and everyone is bringing me problems looking for solutions. I did leave work right at 5 last night to go see Beautiful (the Carole King musical) at the Pantages, which was fabulous.  It made for a late night (in bed at 1:15 am, up at 6:30), so I will be dragging later today. I will probably need some caffeine and I do not drink coffee.

Things I can't do.  So many things I am sure, but two that come to mind are whistling (always wished I could do that super loud whistle) and polish nails (mine or anyone else's, fingers or toes).  Braiding really isn't my thing either, but I guess I can sort of do a basic braid. Oh yeah, and water ski.  I tried that in my 20s until my arms were spaghetti noodles with exhaustion, but never mastered it.  Now I am up to 4 things (and will probably think of others as I read the posts later today). Way to depress me about all of the things that I can't do.  LOL.  Actually, I usually can do almost anything I set my mind to, I just didn't set my mind to these things I guess.

I have to talk about yesterday's menu because we ate at a place near the Pantages that we had not tried before and they actually had Zoodles on their menu.  I didn't have that, but I did have the chicken lettuce wrap tacos, which were delicious.  The cashier tried to tell me I would want to order something else because they were 3 small tacos, but they were just perfect.  I want to try the zoodles dish next time.

Today's menu will be flexible. Only have a very brief lunch in between meetings, so will probably get the Wendy's apple pecan chicken salad.  I will probably grab some shrimp skewers on the way home because I hate to cook (I could if I wanted to, so that isn't on my can't do list-it's on my won't do list).

Have a great day!  Tomorrow is Friday!!!!!!!

Cory

5'7" Starting Weight: 305

Current Weight: 145

mschwab
on 7/7/16 11:43 am
RNY on 11/21/14

Hi everyone. Very late posting today.  My meetings started this morning at 7:30 and have been stacked on each other since.  I am working from home today, so that helps.  

Sorry about the disappointment, Kristin.  Grief bacon.  Ha!  Better than grief cake!

QOTD: I cannot do that loud, fingers in mouth whistle.  I'm always jealous of people that can.  I also can't sing. As a public service, I always lip sync during those group sings, such as Happy Birthday.  No one wants to hear my cat-trapped-in-a-dryer singing.

Time since Surgery: 19 months

B: Egg Beaters, mozzarella and bacon omelette

S:  Cherries and ham

L: Chicken thigh and curried cauliflower

S: Prawns

D: Rib eye and 1/2 steamed artichoke.

S: Dried mango

Totals: Calories 961, Carbs 67, Protein 80

One more day to Friday!

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

Daisydoo02
on 7/7/16 7:10 pm - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

I love Dried Mango, it seems like I am eating candy! mmmmmm I might have to get some!  You know I love artichokes but that is one veggie I would never think to make myself.  And a lot of you have posted about fresh cherries this week I need to get some!

I too lip sync during the singing of things like the national anthem at the baseball stadium because I am a horrible, horrible singer.

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

G2GAWAY
on 7/7/16 8:53 pm
RNY on 05/16/15

Ahh man, one more thing. I couldn't carry a tune if it had a handle.  I wish I could whistle like that too. 

Cory

5'7" Starting Weight: 305

Current Weight: 145

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 445 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 51 replies · 362 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 275 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 404 views